ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:19 pm

asjid73 wrote:
iHope wrote:
asjid73 wrote:
iHope wrote:Hi everybody!
just wanted to ask that does anyone know a story where someone applied for SET LR/O when they were two, three or more months short of 10 years and got ILR because they established 10 years of lawful residence during the process of application? please i would really appreciate if someone share a success story on this one.
Hi iHope applying three or more months before completing 10 years is bet tricky and i think its gamble as well i had three months short from 10 years entered UK 13/04/2003 and last visa was expiring on 10/01/2013 so short of about three month and if apply 28 days before than about two months i went to see many solicitors some of them told i can not apply short of time but some told me that i can apply and explain that if you apply before the end of your previous leave you are going to be covered by 3c leave till home office decide your application and home office take about 5/6 months to decide applications but there is a chance that if a casework unit notice its early application they may decide it early but i have been told that still i will get right of appeal as i will make a in time application which will attract right of appeal and by the time i will get court hearing date i will complete 10 years eventually and then i can make an other application and if home office take it normal time 5/6 months at the time of decision i wil be over 10 years and according to the law i should get ILR i had other option to make a application to cover 3 months and then vary that application to ILR which i did i applied for tier 1 visa and when i completed 10 years i varied that application to ILR and i am still waiting for the outcome of my application its just gone over 5 months now and hopefully will get positive result in my opinion this way is more safe though its more costly. there will be some one who knows more then me about this situation come on guys have your say as there will be may people in this situation.
ASJID
Hi Asjid! thanks very much for your response. I understand what you are saying. I have exactly the same situation but i have dependants as well with no option of extending on point based system. i could apply directly for IRL and even if get refused, I could win in appeal as you explained BUT safer option for me is to apply FLR (O) and during the process, I can vary my application once 10 year mark is passed or within 28 days of 10 years limit. thanks again and good luck

Hi iHope i think you are right FLR(0) is very good option that's going to be a safe bridge for you to reach 10 years compilation.There is one point which is very important do every effort to make a valid FLR(0) application take extra care about HO fee payment photos and correct application form any mistake at this stage can be problem if you need any information regarding variation process you are more then well come, God bless you i wish you best of luck.
ASJID
Soban wrote:
Tier 4 wrote:
Did you apply on FLR (O) version April 2013? If so then yours CW must be retarded or UKBA pulling your legs to restrict you obtaining ILR

In my understanding since they have refunded your FLR (O) fee your ILR application will be consider as new out of time application which unfortunately out of time more than 28 days. I think on the time of ILR application you should have paid only the varied fees for your SET (LR) application rather than full fees so that it would have considered as varied application not a new one.

FLR (O) 21st June 2013
Visa expired 23rd June 2013

31st July you got your FLR (O) return
On 8th August 2013 you applied ILR

You need to ask your solicitor or either clarify through this forum; between 21st June 2013 – 8th August 2013 were you under the protection of 3C leave or not? If you were then you have nothing to worry about.

Plus this doesn’t not sound right that your solicitor informed you on 16th September although the posting date was 31st July. I think rather than solicitor you should have applied on your own, cos something seems not right here.

However keep your moral high as hopefully at the end you will get ILR, though its might gona be lengthy process but ultimately UKBA don’t drag these types of cases long as the passage of time you will have lots of basis to fight on.
Thanks for your reply and your advice. My solicitor had informed me that as I made an in time application on the 21st of June, my period of overstaying starts from the date on the letter of invalidity which is the 31st of July. He has also written to the HO to ask clarification on the reasons for classifying my application as invalid. Furthermore, he also
queried the delay in him receiving my docs back. Hopefully, the HO will rectify this error.

I'll keep you guys posted

Regards
Soban
Another person Soban got a same situation and he applied on FLR (O) as well.
N/A

iHope

Post by iHope » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:23 pm

asjid73 wrote:
iHope wrote:
asjid73 wrote:
iHope wrote:Hi everybody!
just wanted to ask that does anyone know a story where someone applied for SET LR/O when they were two, three or more months short of 10 years and got ILR because they established 10 years of lawful residence during the process of application? please i would really appreciate if someone share a success story on this one.
Hi iHope applying three or more months before completing 10 years is bet tricky and i think its gamble as well i had three months short from 10 years entered UK 13/04/2003 and last visa was expiring on 10/01/2013 so short of about three month and if apply 28 days before than about two months i went to see many solicitors some of them told i can not apply short of time but some told me that i can apply and explain that if you apply before the end of your previous leave you are going to be covered by 3c leave till home office decide your application and home office take about 5/6 months to decide applications but there is a chance that if a casework unit notice its early application they may decide it early but i have been told that still i will get right of appeal as i will make a in time application which will attract right of appeal and by the time i will get court hearing date i will complete 10 years eventually and then i can make an other application and if home office take it normal time 5/6 months at the time of decision i wil be over 10 years and according to the law i should get ILR i had other option to make a application to cover 3 months and then vary that application to ILR which i did i applied for tier 1 visa and when i completed 10 years i varied that application to ILR and i am still waiting for the outcome of my application its just gone over 5 months now and hopefully will get positive result in my opinion this way is more safe though its more costly. there will be some one who knows more then me about this situation come on guys have your say as there will be may people in this situation.
ASJID
Hi Asjid! thanks very much for your response. I understand what you are saying. I have exactly the same situation but i have dependants as well with no option of extending on point based system. i could apply directly for IRL and even if get refused, I could win in appeal as you explained BUT safer option for me is to apply FLR (O) and during the process, I can vary my application once 10 year mark is passed or within 28 days of 10 years limit. thanks again and good luck[/quote

Hi iHope i think you are right FLR(0) is very good option that's going to be a safe bridge for you to reach 10 years compilation.There is one point which is very important do every effort to make a valid FLR(0) application take extra care about HO fee payment photos and correct application form any mistake at this stage can be problem if you need any information regarding variation process you are more then well come, God bless you i wish you best of luck.
ASJID
Thank you very much ASJID. I do appriciate your advice and I would definitely need guidance about varying the application as you have experience. May your ILR approval come within days.

sumbal
Newly Registered

Post by sumbal » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:48 am

hi every one , i came in last week of September 2003. .Currently my appeal is in the court so if you can guide me what i have to do first:-
can i withdraw the appeal and apply for ILR...or just apply for flr even they will VOID and refund my fees as well... .the questions are;-
1:- To withdraw appeal and then send a fresh application
or
2:- First to send a new application FOR ILR and then, when i receive acknowledgement letter then i have to withdraw THE APPEAL appeal.
3:-Whats the procedure to withdraw the appeal and how long it takes.
4:- Do i need any letter OF confirmation FOR withdrawal of appeal to send to home office with my application.(or after the acknowledgement letter if i withdraw after submitting ILR. thanks

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR TIME IN THIS REGARDS.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:18 am

sumbal wrote:hi every one , i came in last week of September 2003. .Currently my appeal is in the court so if you can guide me what i have to do first:-
can i withdraw the appeal and apply for ILR...or just apply for flr even they will VOID and refund my fees as well... .the questions are;-
or
2:- First to send a new application FOR ILR and then, when i receive acknowledgement letter then i have to withdraw THE APPEAL appeal.
4:- Do i need any letter OF confirmation FOR withdrawal of appeal to send to home office with my application.(or after the acknowledgement letter if i withdraw after submitting ILR. thanks

Reading VOLO process might help you understand Section 3C and 3D.
SECTIONS 3C AND 3D OF THE IMMIGRATION ACT 1971 @Page 3 wrote:Applications lodged during leave under sections 3C and 3D
While either section 3C or 3D leave is in force, the applicant is not entitled to make any more applications for variation of leave to enter or remain. So even someone who marries after making an application to remain as a student cannot, while they have leave under section 3C, make a fresh application on the basis of the marriage. On the other hand, it is possible to vary the grounds of an application already made, even by introducing something completely new. A student application can be varied so as to include marriage grounds. If an application is varied before a decision is made, the applicant will be required to complete the necessary prescribed form to vary his application. If an application is varied post decision, it would be open to the applicant to submit further grounds to be considered at appeal. As a result, there may be little difference in practice between a fresh application and a request to vary an existing application. The distinction is made to ensure that all a person's grounds for wishing to remain in the UK result in one decision and thus one appeal. This 'one-stop ' principle - one application, one decision, one appeal - is essential to the
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

meb4ne1
United Kingdom

Post by meb4ne1 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:22 pm

Got the letter today in post, I guess now the real wait begins.

Application Sent: 20/09/2013
Payment Method: Credit Card
Acknowledgement letter: 30/09/2013
Biometrics letter received: TBC
Biometrics enrolled: TBC
Approved Date (On Letter): TBC
Passport/Approval Letter Received: TBC
Biometric Card Received: TBC

Documents Sent:
Passports (x3)
Life in the UK Test Result

Can someone update the skydrive...

lucky13

Re: update

Post by lucky13 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:07 pm

opty88 wrote:Application sent: 03-09-2013
Application Received: 04-09-2013
Payment taken out from bank account: 06-09-2013
Acknowledgement letter: 13/9/13
Biometrics letter received: 24/9/13
Biometrics enrolled: 28/9/13
decision: pending
Updated

lucky13

Post by lucky13 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:11 pm

meb4ne1 wrote:Got the letter today in post, I guess now the real wait begins.

Application Sent: 20/09/2013
Payment Method: Credit Card
Acknowledgement letter: 30/09/2013
Biometrics letter received: TBC
Biometrics enrolled: TBC
Approved Date (On Letter): TBC
Passport/Approval Letter Received: TBC
Biometric Card Received: TBC

Documents Sent:
Passports (x3)
Life in the UK Test Result

Can someone update the skydrive...
Updated.
Good luck.

hukuku
Newly Registered

Post by hukuku » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:26 pm

Hello all,
What's the difference between using form SET (O) and form SET (LR) for 10 years long residence?

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:46 pm

hukuku wrote:Hello all,
What's the difference between using form SET (O) and form SET (LR) for 10 years long residence?
SET (LR) - for ILR application in Long Residence (10 years) category

SET (O) - Other - for settlement application in Point based and other relevant categories.

pushpak2k
Newly Registered

Error in BRP letter

Post by pushpak2k » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:08 pm

hi all,
I applied for my SET(LR), along with my wife also in the same category and my daughter as SET(F).

Application sent on 09/09/13, confirmation letter received dated 10/09/13 (super fast to take payment!!), then the BRP letters dated 25/09/13.

however in my daughter's BRP letter for the field ‘Responsible Adult’, it says ‘NO RESPONSIBLE ADULT FOUND’. This is despite clearly having my details as the father in page 14 to 17 in the SET(F) application. And today' after waiting in the queue for nearly 2 hours at a post office, her BRP letter was refused as invalid. Staff told that they came across similar cases. This is really frustrating considering the waste of time, and the money paid to them to process our applications (in our case more than 3 grand!!!).

I cant find any email address or direct telephone number to inquire from home office about this. Any advice/guidance would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

sumbal
Newly Registered

Post by sumbal » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:33 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
sumbal wrote:hi every one , i came in last week of September 2003. .Currently my appeal is in the court so if you can guide me what i have to do first:-
or

Reading VOLO process might help you understand Section 3C and 3D.
SECTIONS 3C AND 3D OF THE IMMIGRATION ACT 1971 @Page 3 wrote:Applications lodged during leave under sections 3C and 3D
While either section 3C or 3D leave is in force, the applicant is not entitled to make any more applications for variation of leave to enter or remain. So even someone who marries after making an application to remain as a student cannot, while they have leave under section 3C, make a fresh application on the basis of the marriage. On the other hand, it is possible to vary the grounds of an application already made, even by introducing something completely new. A student application can be varied so as to include marriage grounds. If an application is varied before a decision is made, the applicant will be required to complete the necessary prescribed form to vary his application. If an application is varied post decision, it would be open to the applicant to submit further grounds to be considered at appeal. As a result, there may be little difference in practice between a fresh application and a request to vary an existing application. The distinction is made to ensure that all a person's grounds for wishing to remain in the UK result in one decision and thus one appeal. This 'one-stop ' principle - one application, one decision, one appeal - is essential to the
thanks Damanisshallo :.
i am just wondering whats the benefit of applyiny as they will VOID and even return my fee as well ...why its complicated ...and whats the difference between applying for VOID and applying after withdrawal of Appeal . do you think this will save the time and there will b no serious Issues .is there any Success story where after withdrawal of appel some one applied ILR and successful Thanks

asjid73
Pakistan

Re: Error in BRP letter

Post by asjid73 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:31 am

pushpak2k wrote:hi all,
I applied for my SET(LR), along with my wife also in the same category and my daughter as SET(F).

Application sent on 09/09/13, confirmation letter received dated 10/09/13 (super fast to take payment!!), then the BRP letters dated 25/09/13.

however in my daughter's BRP letter for the field ‘Responsible Adult’, it says ‘NO RESPONSIBLE ADULT FOUND’. This is despite clearly having my details as the father in page 14 to 17 in the SET(F) application. And today' after waiting in the queue for nearly 2 hours at a post office, her BRP letter was refused as invalid. Staff told that they came across similar cases. This is really frustrating considering the waste of time, and the money paid to them to process our applications (in our case more than 3 grand!!!).

I cant find any email address or direct telephone number to inquire from home office about this. Any advice/guidance would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
Hi mate i think there is no e mail address for the problem you having call on this number 08706067766 and discuss your problem. i call HO on this number for biomatric probelms.
ASJID

manwar

Hoorrayyyyyy

Post by manwar » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:51 pm

Assalamualikum all. Received my ILR day before yesterday. Biometric came in same day but missed. Got BPr yesterday. Time line skydive under manwar April 2013. Just less then 6 month.
6 yr student+2 yr Psw+ 2 yr student

Hope all of waiting, would get good news soon. Especial thanks to the members who replied to my post.

I don't feel like jumping in joy, when I look back to my 10 years and all the restaurant people who were abusing us during work. Just want to say all the people waiting deserve better.

rajiv.80
Newly Registered

Re: Hoorrayyyyyy

Post by rajiv.80 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:25 pm

manwar wrote:Assalamualikum all. Received my ILR day before yesterday. Biometric came in same day but missed. Got BPr yesterday. Time line skydive under manwar April 2013. Just less then 6 month.

Hope all of waiting, would get good news soon. Especial thanks to the members who replied to my post.

I don't feel like jumping in joy, when I look back to my 10 years and all the restaurant people who were abusing us during work. Just want to say all the people waiting deserve better.
. Congratulations brother monwar. Don't worry we all had the similar experience for last ten years. I met similar kind of people when i used to work in restaurent. But good thing is those people will be in same place for rest of their life and we will by the grace of allmoghty go forward in life. God bless.

Soban

Post by Soban » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:39 pm

manwar wrote:Assalamualikum all. Received my ILR day before yesterday. Biometric came in same day but missed. Got BPr yesterday. Time line skydive under manwar April 2013. Just less then 6 month.

Congratulations manwar!
--

cheeta
Newly Registered

Post by cheeta » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:27 pm

Many congratulations and all the best in future

sameer_mqj
Newly Registered

Post by sameer_mqj » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:37 pm

ILR SET(O) 10 years Long Residene

Asalamalikum !

Alhamdulillah i received my documents today , BRP on its way.

Applied 4 April 2013
Biometric -22 April 2013
Docs & passport 02/10/2013
BRP- Waiting

Thankyou all,

rajiv.80
Newly Registered

Post by rajiv.80 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:54 pm

sameer_mqj wrote:ILR SET(O) 10 years Long Residene

Asalamalikum !

Applied 4 April 2013
Biometric -22 April 2013
BRP- Waiting

Thankyou all,
. Congratulations... Enjoy your freedom.

xshayaanx

Post by xshayaanx » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:08 pm

Congrats and Skyfile updated.
Applied 17-12-13
Forwarded to BHC 03-01-14
Waiting...

Soban

Post by Soban » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:55 pm

sameer_mqj wrote:ILR SET(O) 10 years Long Residene

Asalamalikum !

Applied 4 April 2013
Biometric -22 April 2013
BRP- Waiting

Thankyou all,
Congratulations!
--

sameer_mqj
Newly Registered

Post by sameer_mqj » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:30 pm

Thankyou Everyone!

I was wondering if one of the Gurus could answer to my questions below.
now that i got my ILR

1. My child is born in Uk last year and she has a Tier 1 Dependent visa expiring august 2014
. My wife who also holds the Tier 1 dependent visa until August 2014

My question to the gurus is if i travel abroad do i have to apply for the child and wifes ILR dependent visa or can i apply it any time before their visas exprire after i return.

2.Also if i want to apply for the child's british passport what do i have to do? and how much it would cost me?

Thankyou ,

manwar

Post by manwar » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:52 pm

congratulations sameer_mqj

same time as i am

asjid73
Pakistan

ILR approved

Post by asjid73 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:38 pm

Hi guys,
Thanks to All mighty Allaha who is beneficent to all
I have got my ILR today.
Received Home office letter today dated 30th September and biomatric card dated 30th September received today as well. I will put all other details latter
I varied my Tier 1 application on 19/04/2013 so took 24 weeks.

Soban

Re: ILR approved

Post by Soban » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:33 pm

asjid73 wrote:Hi guys,
I have got my ILR today.
Received Home office letter today dated 30th September and biomatric card dated 30th September received today as well. I will put all other details latter
Congrats Asjid!! Really happy for you. Enjoy yourself
--

iHope

Re: ILR approved

Post by iHope » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:37 pm

asjid73 wrote:Hi guys,
I have got my ILR today.
Congratulation Asjid. good luck in future.