ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Appendix 5 - Limited Company Closure

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Iconhero
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Appendix 5 - Limited Company Closure

Post by Iconhero » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:59 am

Hi,

I am currently on Tier 2 ICT Long Term Staff visa and my wife is a dependant on my current visa.

My wife is currently working in the UK and does contracting under her own limited company.
Now she has found a new employer and is applying to Tier 2 General visa by going back to home country.

When I was going through the application form for Tier 2 General (VAF9 Appendix 5) I came across the question below:

2.4 Do you hold shares in the United Kingdom company or connected business? Put a cross (x) in the relevant box
Yes - Provide details in the box below and say what percentage of the company and/or its shares you own.
No - Go to Part 3

Now for the above question I shall be mentioning the company's name and 100% of shares as she owns it alone. By the time we actually submit the documents on the visa appointment date for the new visa she would have quit her employment with her limited company and would still be the director of that company.

Will this cause any problems? Is it Ok to be a director of 1 company and be an employee of another company sponsoring the visa?
Should we close the limited company also before the application date or can we close it before the actual job start date in the UK?
We dont want to close it as there would still be money coming into it for 1 last time.

Any responses will be much appreciated.

Best Regards..

chennai2013
Newly Registered

Post by chennai2013 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:32 am

Similar situation which has caused us lot of problems..

Better close the company, and do contract through umbrella company. Closing the company is also big/lengthy process which would take sometime, so start immediately.

You should not be a director of a company when you enter UK as a tier 2 general visa holder AFAIK.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:07 am

Question 2.4 in VAF9 Appendix 5 relates to shareholdings in the sponsor company which must not exceed 10%.

Iconhero
Newly Registered

Post by Iconhero » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:08 pm

Thanks Chennai2013 and Manci,

We are going to change the directorship to someone else before applying and will close down the company in the next month after receiving the final salary into the company's account.
Ofcourse we'll be paying off all the taxes before closing the Company and Bank account.

Thanks again.

Best Regards..