ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

new form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nmm

new form

Post by nmm » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:12 pm

I printed and filled the AN & MN1 forms in early September. I also got it filled from two referees. Today I discovered that these forms have been changed, although there are minor changes, but page numbering are changed and new instructions have been added. Now I need to chase all referees to fill the reference page again as there are also some changes.

I am wondering is there any date for new forms to be applicable or do we have to use them them as soon as they available?

Thanks

nionlight
Member of Standing

Re: new form

Post by nionlight » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:48 pm

nmm wrote:I printed and filled the AN & MN1 forms in early September. I also got it filled from two referees. Today I discovered that these forms have been changed, although there are minor changes, but page numbering are changed and new instructions have been added. Now I need to chase all referees to fill the reference page again as there are also some changes.

I am wondering is there any date for new forms to be applicable or do we have to use them them as soon as they available?

Thanks
No one knows yet mate. As usual ukba is piece of SH.. about clear cut instruction. They are expert on making things complicated. I am also in same situation. filled up previous form with referees :( now need to chase them again :roll:

akhan25

Post by akhan25 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:48 pm

The references page is still same and just print the result if u want if u r applying before 28oct u can use old form as the main changes are relating to the new rules I had ncs aappointment today for myself and they didnt even say a thing I given old form I know foa can be change anytime so I checked ut last night amd it was old fo now this morning new form but not a single thing mentioned on ukba website to instruct whether old can still b used or only new forms u may wanna call council ncs amd ask.

akhan25

Post by akhan25 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:50 pm

What about me I just submitted my application through ncs they dodnt say a thing I cgecked last night was still same old form. They must give some grace period for ppl involved obviously for reference u wud have ur form printed a bit early than appointment.

desertlord

Post by desertlord » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:04 am

New from reference Page number is 14 on the new and 11 on the old so better to stick to the new form.

renu

Post by renu » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:00 am

desertlord wrote:New from reference Page number is 14 on the new and 11 on the old so better to stick to the new form.
I have my ncs appointment on Monday and I have already completed my application,,,does that mean I have to fill in the new form...I am so confused now...

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:09 am

renu wrote:
desertlord wrote:New from reference Page number is 14 on the new and 11 on the old so better to stick to the new form.
I have my ncs appointment on Monday and I have already completed my application,,,does that mean I have to fill in the new form...I am so confused now...
We all are confused unfortunately :oops: and that's what UKBA always does.. confuses hell out of applicants. Their instructions are as usual useless.. In the form it says September 2013 and they uploaded it in October without any instruction...

desertlord

Post by desertlord » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:10 am

guys,

Just spoke to NCS and they will accept the new form ONLY

Tuvoc

Post by Tuvoc » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:55 am

desertlord wrote:guys,

Thanks, that is very helpful. I'm in the same boat, I was going to call them today.

renu

Post by renu » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:47 am

Tuvoc wrote:
desertlord wrote:guys,

Thanks, that is very helpful. I'm in the same boat, I was going to call them today.
I spoke to ncs and the lady I spoke to,told me that I can print the extra pages on the updated/ latest AN form and keep the same referees page and add the extra pages in my application...actually there is not much change.I will print new version and add the extra pages only.I can't fill the form again...

has1974
Newly Registered

new form

Post by has1974 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:55 am

Hi Everbody,
can we clearly say that we can use reference part in old application form?
however, only page number will be different.

renu

Post by renu » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:58 am

has1974 wrote:Hi Everbody,
can we clearly say that we can use reference part in old application form?
however, only page number will be different.
Yes

desertlord

Post by desertlord » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:11 pm

I would strongly recommend you get an offical advise on this. NCS say print and refill new form ONLY.

has1974
Newly Registered

new form.

Post by has1974 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:19 pm

ok you might be right.but there is no change has been made on reference part.i will use a new application to fill in.only rerefence part will have a different page number. in my opinion my application can not be invalid because of this.

akhan25

Post by akhan25 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:34 pm

Guys whenever u r applying for any other categories its clearly say on application form and the guide touse correct form but on AN form its not the case I would suggest if ur appointment is near and u cant get hold of ur referees then kust go with ur old form.

UKnow

Post by UKnow » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:25 pm

I went today for application, had the old version, they did not even look at that, went over the application, took copies of everything ( including copy of the UK life test) and left the original with me.
You do not need to worry about old version unless you apply after the 28th, which is when they need the new application form to be filled. This was confirmed to me by Hillingdon council staff
UKnow

has1974
Newly Registered

new form

Post by has1974 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:40 pm

thank your for the info.did you pay for ceremony fee ?

thanks

tronca33

Post by tronca33 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:04 pm

I talk today with NCS for app.and she say that I can have old form.
Im leave app.for 24th October because last day when HO take old forms and just Life in uk test is 25th.
So i go send myself because the NCS do not send application day after.So probably will be on Monday .To late...

From 28 October 2013, unless they are exempt, all applicants for settlement or naturalisation as a British citizen will need to meet the knowledge of language and life requirement by:
passing the life in the UK test; and
having a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or its equivalent.

For details of the new requirement please see the Changes to the knowledge of language and life requirements for settlement or naturalisation document on this website.

For an application for citizenship to be considered under the pre 28 October requirements, the application will need to be received by UK Visas & Immigration by Friday 25 October 2013 (the last working day before the change). We do not receive a postal delivery on Saturday or Sunday.

UKnow

Post by UKnow » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:42 pm

has1974 wrote:thank your for the info.did you pay for ceremony fee ?

thanks
I paid the application fee which is £874, this includes the £80 for ceremony. ( This was confirmed by the staff as well)
UKnow

nmm

Post by nmm » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:25 pm

There is no information on UKBA website about new forms.

Did anyone try to call UKBA regarding this?

desertlord

Post by desertlord » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:36 pm

I called Ncs in London and they confirmed that the new one is to be used. The new form is NOT the same like old one. Couple of questions have been added about Good Character. Also, the format of the pages are different and they used the prompt about any additional information to be put on page 15 ( not 13) to make sure you are using the new one. There is no indication they will accept the old even if submit via NCS it is not guaranteed they will just say oh it's okay. So bottom line is in my opinion. It's your money and it's your application and finally it's your call.

desertlord

Post by desertlord » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:37 pm

I called Ncs in London and they confirmed that the new one is to be used. The new form is NOT the same like old one. Couple of questions have been added about Good Character. Also, the format of the pages are different and they used the prompt about any additional information to be put on page 15 ( not 13) to make sure you are using the new one. There is no indication they will accept the old even if submit via NCS it is not guaranteed they will just say oh it's okay. So bottom line is in my opinion. It's your money and it's your application and finally it's your call.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:34 pm

Using an application form is not a legal requirement. An application can not be rejected if an old version is used. Simple.

joy2006

Post by joy2006 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm

desertlord wrote:I called Ncs in London and they confirmed that the new one is to be used. The new form is NOT the same like old one. Couple of questions have been added about Good Character. Also, the format of the pages are different and they used the prompt about any additional information to be put on page 15 ( not 13) to make sure you are using the new one. There is no indication they will accept the old even if submit via NCS it is not guaranteed they will just say oh it's okay. So bottom line is in my opinion. It's your money and it's your application and finally it's your call.
I agree with you, I had also filled the old form but as I have my appointment with NCS next week, to be on the safe side I have transfered the info onto the new form coz I noticed the change in the reference of the pages. I also thought of replacing the reference page with old but it was not making sense as the pages are different. HO are not daft, they will spot this inconsistance. Anyway am sticking with the new form to be on the safe side even though it's an inconvenience to ask my references to sign the new form as well. But if these references are people who wish you well, they won't mind resigning the form for you. That's just my opinion

joy2006

Post by joy2006 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:54 pm

Jambo wrote:Using an application form is not a legal requirement. An application can not be rejected if an old version is used. Simple.
Hi Jambo, I appreciate your comment but if these application forms are not a legal requirement, how come one cannot apply for BC without filling in a form. We could all just call HO and just state our cases over the phone without the hassle of these forms. All I am saying is that, you either submit your old form or a new one but don't get pages from old form and insert them in the new form. We should not underestimate the people receiving these forms at HO because if your form lands in the hands of a caseworker who has had a bad day, even the simplest thing like a form can trigger chaos and delays.