ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Status for WP while waiting for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

meb4ne1
United Kingdom

Visa Status for WP while waiting for ILR

Post by meb4ne1 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:24 am

Hi everyone,
I've submitted an application for ILR last week and got the confirmation letter today in post. My 10 years are 5.5 student and 4.5 years on work permit. My application is pretty straightforward as I have not been out the county a lot and no convictions in last six years.

My worry is that I might lose my job soon. The letter from home office said it can take up to six months. My employer might let me go next month. I've got a few companies offering me similar job but I'm not sure how that affects my ILR application. As I understand I cannot change employer on Work Permit and will only get 28 days to leave the county once employment ends.

My second question is as I've put in ILR request, does that mean I can work with another employer or being unemployed and waiting for ILR is my only option?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

meb4ne1
United Kingdom

Post by meb4ne1 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:51 am

any reply would be very much appreciated...