ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Analysis of the new earning test for Tier 1 ( general)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rpsarangi
Member of Standing

Analysis of the new earning test for Tier 1 ( general)

Post by rpsarangi » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:11 am

My thinking for the changes:

1.Whether the money appears to have been earned through genuine employment, rather than being borrowed, gifted, or otherwise shown in your financial transactions or records without being earned

They might check the source of income ..For e.g the clients and may contact them if neded..( Which they used to do before anyways when they suspected )

2.Whether the business from which the earnings are claimed can be shown to exist (or have existed) when you claim to have earned the money and has been lawfully and genuinely trading;

They will ask for various documents for self employment like the tax documents of previous years and the Ni bills and insurances etc..( which was the requirement for initial Tier 1 application).

3.Previous earnings claims you made to the Home Office compared to declarations you made to other Government Departments;

I think they are going to check the tax documents whether you have paid tax for the previous claimed income to HO .. The other goverenment may be HMRC.

4.Your previous educational and business experience in relation to your claimed business activity;

They might check your degrees whether you have graduated or majored in the same trade or business what you are doing..And whether the business is running according to your qualifications.

5.Your immigration history and previous activity in the UK;

They might look whether you are involved in the same business for some time or it is just set up recently .

6.Where the nature of your employment or business requires you to have mandatory accreditation, registration and/or insurance, whether that accreditation, registration and/or insurance has been obtained;

They might check for various things relating to the nature of the business like VAT reg, business insurance .. I have no clue what they mean by accredation??

7.Any payments made by you to other parties and

I cant think what they are looking for here(( members please comment)).

The above is what i think from reading the new policy guidance...Members , seniors and gurus please comment what you all think

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:25 am

sparsh

Post by sparsh » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:43 pm

Will this apply to in person applications also. If they want to do verification then they can't issue visa on the same day. Any in person applicant after 1st Oct 2013 please reply

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:08 pm

UKBA is not doing these checks on all applicants.

Only those applications where they Doubt some thing .

.Same day visas will be issued in same day if UKBA is satisfied.

karg_g

Post by karg_g » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:34 pm

Hi,

I think you guys are worrying un-necessarily, as long as you have genuine earnings and the right documentation its no big deal. UKBA can make as many checks as they wish.

If you are in grey area, you have been fore-warned :)

Good luck
I try to give honest answers, however I might be wrong, kindly always check with your solicitor/accountant for final confirmation

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:31 pm

karg_g wrote:Hi,

I think you guys are worrying un-necessarily, as long as you have genuine earnings and the right documentation its no big deal. UKBA can make as many checks as they wish.

If you are in grey area, you have been fore-warned :)

Good luck
No body is worried here. :lol:

OP was just asking about the opinions.

Take Care

rpsarangi
Member of Standing

Post by rpsarangi » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:41 am

AUHS is completely right ..HO is trying to check only those applications where they have some doubts using the new earning test . But I think with proper documentation , they will decide the case same day in PEO.

Good luck
Fingers crossed.....Trust in God.....

rpsarangi
Member of Standing

Post by rpsarangi » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:29 pm

Any body under the self employment or Limited company structure who have applied for the extension or ILR please post your experience ..
Fingers crossed.....Trust in God.....