ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

6 month clause for Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ssm2525
Newly Registered

6 month clause for Tier 2

Post by ssm2525 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:18 am

Hi

I am currently on a post study visa and I am planning to switch to tier 2 visa via a sponsor.
Could anyone let me know if there is any clause that states that I have to work for the sponsor for atleast 6 months to obtain tier 2 to exempt from RLMT?
I remember reading this clause on the UKBA website a few months ago. Anyone who has recently switched could help please?

Thank you

ShrutiBlue
India

Post by ShrutiBlue » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:26 pm

Yeah, that's what I read on some document as well. Would have to look up which though. That's what I had in mind when I applied 2-3 weeks ago as well.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: 6 month clause for Tier 2

Post by manci » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:55 pm

ssm2525 wrote:I am currently on a post study visa and I am planning to switch to tier 2 visa via a sponsor.
Could anyone let me know if there is any clause that states that I have to work for the sponsor for atleast 6 months to obtain tier 2 to exempt from RLMT?
there is no longer such a rule

Abdoulla.Elgazzar
Newly Registered

Post by Abdoulla.Elgazzar » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:00 pm

as far as i know there is no such a rule !