ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

isabela

hi

Post by isabela » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:55 pm

hi everyone just updating my application since 3 of march.
I have phoned HO today the same answer be patient.and i told the lady under eea regulations a decision should have been made its passed 6 months now, its effeckting my life completly,she said the HO is very busy and they have thousands of applications,and it takes only 2 or 3 days to make a decision and they had 7 months
I have phoned my MP send them an email so hopefully the lady i spoke with seem very nice i will get something out of it after all this.
The complaint i made next week the 20 working days are comin up but have no reply from them,i will send them another email again.
The whole think seems to be a mess u cant get any right answers,we just have to wait and hope that somebody will pick our application and make a decision.
The other thing that upsets me the most is i really worked hard and have been paying lots of utility bills and have send them all the evidence,and we are only human we miss our families, we want to change jobs, holiday,all the thinks a human wants why this have to effeckt our lifes?this is really against any human rights and we pay enough tax so they can not break the law.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

isabela

hi

Post by isabela » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:58 pm

hi everyone just updating my application since 3 of march.
I have phoned HO today the same answer be patient.and i told the lady under eea regulations a decision should have been made its passed 6 months now, its effeckting my life completly,she said the HO is very busy and they have thousands of applications,and it takes only 2 or 3 days to make a decision and they had 7 months
I have phoned my MP send them an email so hopefully the lady i spoke with seem very nice i will get something out of it after all this.
The complaint i made next week the 20 working days are comin up but have no reply from them,i will send them another email again.
The whole think seems to be a mess u cant get any right answers,we just have to wait and hope that somebody will pick our application and make a decision.
The other thing that upsets me the most is i really worked hard and have been paying lots of utility bills and have send them all the evidence,and we are only human we miss our families, we want to change jobs, holiday,all the thinks a human wants why this have to effeckt our lifes?this is really against any human rights and we pay enough tax so they can not break the law.

luizalotos2000
Newly Registered

Re: hi

Post by luizalotos2000 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:25 pm

isabela wrote:hi everyone just updating my application since 3 of march.

Hi, I just want to share with you my experience which I had with another case.

When you contact MP or his representative - which is on most occasions - did they ask you to scan and attached any documents ?

If MP or representative is contact HO on your behalf they will always send you confirmation letter / email.

Depend of area, your MP/representative need time because is not just you and not just that kind of cases to deal with. You need to patient , all of as any way.

I was waiting almost 3 weeks for letter to be send by MP to HO and I'm from Portsmouth ( which is not big city ).

After another 2 weeks my MP was receive replay from HO and that was really fast for me.

I was assisted with all my case until end.

If I will need help as well with this case ( receiving PR ) I will do not hesitate to contact my MP again.

isabela

Post by isabela » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:37 am

Hi :D Thanks luizalotos.I am just waiting now.Hope a decision will be done soon.It just feels like after the 6th months have passed they should give you more information an your application not just be patient the same answer over and over.Thanks so much for helping and the support :D

luizalotos2000
Newly Registered

Post by luizalotos2000 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:46 am

Hi everyone,

I just updating on that I don't received nothing else even to my EEA3.

I'm still hoping that will be less than 6 months and I will not need to contact my MP again.

Some people are more lucky.

Specially in the past 2 months I talk with many people about them experiences how they get status and passports.
Some circumstances can speed up the process.

According to this who was waiting longer than 6 months and who called HO many times asking what is the problem and such delays, has been informed that them wife's have too many jobs !

Why ? because HO is contact each of them ! in order to check your employment time, dissipate that they have payslips and other documents plus they checking both of applicants CRB for any criminal records.
I don't know if that is in most occasions or not - I think that all depends on case worker.

Some case workers told them as well that was better to be on benefits because is nothing to check !

That why some people getting them EEA4 so fast !

Is just so unfair to people who applying for EEA3 and EEA4 who working and paying taxes and who are worst off than this who are on benefits.

Really is much better to don't work guys.

In this country while on benefits - you really will be better off and given and protected.

Who is working, most of the time are facing too much different problems.

Personally I know a couple of people who they was very very lucky and gets passports 2 years ago and specially last year on base so called by media " asylum amnesty " , to clear a massive backlog on 500.000 unresolved cases.

All who was unmarried but have child's with British girls / woman's - that wasn't coincidence !

and rest who was on benefits gets British passports in proper express time after applying - never longer than month , just one by one in some kind miracle process. They are lucky once.

Of course in media HO officially rejected such allegations but.... I know this people my self !!!

They are laughing to face of my husband and rest of which have wife's - and who working and still waiting to have proper status in this country.

That is unfair and really sad

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:15 am

luizalotos2000 wrote: Some case workers told them as well that was better to be on benefits because is nothing to check !

Is just so unfair to people who applying for EEA3 and EEA4 who working and paying taxes and who are worst off than this who are on benefits.

That is unfair and really sad[/i]

if you check the forum some members received their PR in less then 3 months it all depend on how straightforward the case is, how busy the case worker is and also when they apply

People claiming benefit get PR more easily that's nonsense. read full story ...

If you been working for the same employer without any break then it's very easy for them to make a decision. But you if you changed jobs couple of time in all those 5 years and also there break in employment then of course it will take longer. I don't blame case worker. They are human too. they work hard. They are just doing their job
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

ZaaN
Newly Registered

EEA 4 & EEA 3 Received in 7 weeks :-)

Post by ZaaN » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:51 pm

Hi Boys and Girls.

For months before I was able to apply for my PRC (EEA4) I have been following this forum for tips on what to do or not to do.

There have been a few "horror" stories, which had me biting nails! But just after 7 weeks of applying we (Husband and I) received our passports with PR. I wanted to share this, so that those who are taking notes (as I did) know that there are some "fairy tale" stories as well.

My only tips could perhaps be - be as organized with your paperwork as possible. Make everything clear and simple.
(In other words - the easier you make it for them - the faster you might get a decision)

I want to thank everybody on here for their input and best of luck for those still waiting! :D

luizalotos2000
Newly Registered

Post by luizalotos2000 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:12 pm

[quote="askmeplz82"][quote="luizalotos2000"]
Some case workers told them as well that was better to be on benefits because is nothing to check !

That is unfair and really sad[/i][/quote]

if you check the forum some members received their PR in less then 3 months it all depend on how straightforward the case is, how busy the case worker is and also when they apply

People claiming benefit get PR more easily that's nonsense. read full story ...

If you been working for the same employer without any break then it's very easy for them to make a decision. But you if you changed jobs couple of time in all those 5 years and also there break in employment then of course it will take longer. I don't blame case worker. They are human too. they work hard. They are just doing their job[/quote]

HI, I know all that , that's why I was write above in my previous post -

that I have been discovered myself from the people who passed them problems and finally gets them PR and who was enlighten me of how HO actually is taking them decisions.

I wasn't have idea that they are checking each single job , even having our payslips, P60, P45 - they are legal documents and they can be easily and quickly check in Revenue system as well.

Please read again all what I wrote above in previous post that :

According to people who gets them PR after 6, 8 11 months of waiting and calling HO for simple answer what is the reason of delays , gets this answers which I ready describe previously.

I mentioned before that some of the case workers was telling them that Some circumstances can even speed up the process !

INCLUDING AND SPECIALLY PEOPLE WHO WAS / ARE ON BENEFITS simple because, as you was write down yourself :

who have between one job between 5 year period - is easy to check

BUT WHO IS ON BENEFITS and after certain time is applying for PR or British PASSPORT simple don't have NOTHING TO CHECK and get all very quickly without problems and waiting above period of 6 months.

Did you know anybody who been on benefits and receive PR or and British passports ? I KNOW MANY from different countries inside EU and outside EU, SO PLEASE DON'T CONCLUDE IS NONSENSE if you don't know what you talking about.

THEY ARE getting them PR CONSTANTLY faster than others and THEY ARE getting them BRITISH PASSPORTS FASTER that others too - THIS IS REALITY and real people, not nonsense.

Example of 3 our friends who were Iraqi Kurdish and who are still on benefits, received them British passports within month and one who are working even in ONE place ( in 8 year period ) still waiting after 6 month of sending is application.

Case workers are hard working people but the FACT IS AS WELL that thousands of thousands, not sets, of people have constant problem with them different applications and cases which are not even complicated ! yet still they have to facing dead silent from HO after 6 month of withing.

Nobody normal , no us, no MP get angry if see that case is complicated but complicated should not mean of somebody who was have lot of jobs. if case worker have payslips , p60, p45 - why is make the fuss of all of that ? in the light of law and regulations.

I understand them very well but waiting for more than 6 month without any explanations is not right. They should make 9 month and maybe something will improve.

Think about one FACT , MP are dealing with our cases - and guess what - most of our cases are obvious and simple , that why MP so often are getting angry with HO case workers because as well they are not responding to the solicitors chasing letters.

Hubba

Re: EEA 4 & EEA 3 Received in 7 weeks :-)

Post by Hubba » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:56 am

ZaaN wrote:Hi Boys and Girls.

For months before I was able to apply for my PRC (EEA4) I have been following this forum for tips on what to do or not to do.

There have been a few "horror" stories, which had me biting nails! But just after 7 weeks of applying we (Husband and I) received our passports with PR. I wanted to share this, so that those who are taking notes (as I did) know that there are some "fairy tale" stories as well.

My only tips could perhaps be - be as organized with your paperwork as possible. Make everything clear and simple.
(In other words - the easier you make it for them - the faster you might get a decision)

I want to thank everybody on here for their input and best of luck for those still waiting! :D
Always good to see these good stories here in the forum. Due to the nature of it, it is much more common to find some frightening reports over here, nail-biting stuff, really.

An appeal to those who have a good experience when applying to EEA3 and EEA4, please don't stop posting your good experiences! It gives us (those who haven't yet applied) hope and motivation that maybe our case won't be as nightmarish as most of the cases here reported.

It is enough to be bummed out when you have your application stuck with HO, but most of the time I end up getting a little bit anxious just reading the stuff here (although I wouldn't stop doing it - some valuable info can always be attained for others' experience).

Cheers.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:26 pm

Please share with us the documents you submitted for EEA3/EEA4 application and your immigration history in the UK

thanks

isabela

Post by isabela » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:22 pm

hi everyone :D :D :D :D just today i received my PR i am so happy booked already a holiday.thank you so much from all of you sharing and helping me.it took 8 months and a week.i have send the same documents us i send to retain my right thanks again :D :D :D :D

iffi
Newly Registered

Post by iffi » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:25 pm

Hi All,
My History;

2006 came as student

2008 married to eea national

2011 Divorced

2012 Retain the right as eea partner

16 May 2013 Applied for PR

I am still waiting for my application to be decided, its 5 months now.

Can someone tell me how long Home Office will take further?

Do they decide the application within 6 months these days ?

Thanks in advance !

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:43 pm

iffi wrote:Hi All,
My History;

2006 came as student

2011 Divorced

Thanks in advance !

Well no one can tell you ; Some members in this forum received in 2 months and some 9 months. but average 6 months

iffi
Newly Registered

Post by iffi » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:29 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
My History;

2006 came as student

2011 Divorced

Thanks in advance !

Well no one can tell you ; Some members in this forum received in 2 months and some 9 months. but average 6 months
Thanks askmeplz82,

Does anybody know what is average time in my situation (Retention of right)

If they don't reply in six months what will happen then because COA is valid for only six months.

if i need to travel can i ask for my passport back ?

will this effect on my case?

will they stop me on the airport?

will they ask my passport back when they will make decision ?

etc etc

iffi
Newly Registered

Post by iffi » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:25 am

iffi wrote:
askmeplz82 wrote:
My History;

2006 came as student

2011 Divorced

Thanks in advance !

Thanks askmeplz82,

If they don't reply in six months what will happen then because COA is valid for only six months.

etc etc

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:07 am

iffi wrote:
iffi wrote:
askmeplz82 wrote:
My History;

2006 came as student

2011 Divorced

Thanks in advance !

Thanks askmeplz82,

etc etc
you need passport to travel: and you are not an illegal because you do have new resident card. Make surer take the letter you received with your Passport when you applied for retained right of residence so that immigration officer know that you are no longer dependent of your EX EEA FAMILY MEMBEr.

if you ask your passport back they will issue permanent residence on A4 paper

iffi
Newly Registered

Post by iffi » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:40 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
iffi wrote:
iffi wrote:
askmeplz82 wrote:

Thanks askmeplz82,

etc etc
you need passport to travel: and you are not an illegal because you do have new resident card. Make surer take the letter you received with your Passport when you applied for retained right of residence so that immigration officer know that you are no longer dependent of your EX EEA FAMILY MEMBEr.

Thanks again askmeplz82 !

Is there anybody who applied in MAY for PR and still waiting ???

brazUKa
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by brazUKa » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:29 pm

Hi everyone

I've just received my permanent residence today so just want to share my experience and timeline as I've found this forum very helpful throughout the last 6 months or so I've been following. This is actually the first time I am writing anything, though.

2003/02 - Entered the UK as a student
2008/03 - Married an European national. Applied & received 5-year EEA2 'visa'
2013/07/22 - Sent EEA4 form + docs to UKBA (8 days before the 5-year EEA2 visa expire date)
2013/07/26 - received letter (dated 24/07/13) from UKBA saying they received my application and it will be passed to case worker.
2013/08/05 - received the Certificate of Application (dated 01/08/13). (The official letter which can be given to employers shall they moan about your immigration status.)
2013/11/06 - Received passport back with PR + supporting docs all in one package!

Time passed between sending and receiving everything back: 3 months & 2 weeks.

Documents sent:
- European national's passport
- Non-european (mine) 2 passports (current + old expired one containing EEA2 visa)
- Marriage certificate (British)
- 5 tenancy agreements on our names, covering 2008-2013
- 5 x P60's of the European national (2008-2013, except 2012, which we couldn't locate).
- Employer's letter for the European national mentioning since when my wife has been working for them, her position, NI number & salary.
- A selection of proof of address (5-6 for each year, either with both our names on or individually): bank & credit card statements, household bills, headed letters from banks, credit card companies and other sources.
- Covering letter basically listing the docs above.

I've organised the proof of address by year using plastic sleeves for each year. I'm aware I've probably sent an excess of documents. Perhaps the tenancy agreements only would be enough to prove we live together and that either the P60's or the employer's letter would be enough to prove my wife's treaty rights but I didn't want to take any risks.

Thank you all for the replies here. They helped me greatly and I'm sure many others too.

Could someone tell me how long I'll need to wait now to apply for British citizenship?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:40 pm

brazUKa wrote:Hi everyone

I've just received my permanent residence today so just want to share my experience and timeline as I've found this forum very helpful throughout the last 6 months or so I've been following. This is actually the first time I am writing anything, though.

2013/07/22 - Sent EEA4 form + docs to UKBA (8 days before the 5-year EEA2 visa expire date)
2013/07/26 - received letter (dated 24/07/13) from UKBA saying they received my application and it will be passed to case worker.
2013/08/05 - received the Certificate of Application (dated 01/08/13). (The official letter which can be given to employers shall they moan about your immigration status.)
2013/11/06 - Received passport back with PR + supporting docs all in one package!

Documents sent:
- Non-european (mine) 2 passports (current + old expired one containing EEA2 visa)
- 5 x P60's of the European national (2008-2013, except 2012, which we couldn't locate).
- Employer's letter for the European national mentioning since when my wife has been working for them, her position, NI number & salary.
- A selection of proof of address (5-6 for each year, either with both our names on or individually): bank & credit card statements, household bills, headed letters from banks, credit card companies and other sources.

I've organised the proof of address by year using plastic sleeves for each year. I'm aware I've probably sent an excess of documents. Perhaps the tenancy agreements only would be enough to prove we live together and that either the P60's or the employer's letter would be enough to prove my wife's treaty rights but I didn't want to take any risks.

Thank you all for the replies here. They helped me greatly and I'm sure many others too.

Could someone tell me how long I'll need to wait now to apply for British citizenship?
See Q1 & Q5 in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting.

Lamiss
Newly Registered

application fees

Post by Lamiss » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:15 pm

brazUKa wrote:Hi everyone

Documents sent:

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I sent my application on 06th August and received the COA on 16th August 2013 so I hope they'll process mine as fast as they did for you.
As part of the EEA4 application, they charge £55. Did you add your bank details/card or did you choose the post check?
Do you know roughly how long it took them to cash in the fees?

It's been 3 months now and they still haven't taken the money, which makes me believe noone has looked at my file yet.

Lamiss
Newly Registered

Post by Lamiss » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:08 pm

Hi,

I think you are amount the lucky ones.

I applied 3 months ago and still waiting.

Are you able to tell me when did they collect the £55 fees? They still haven't collected mine, which makes me believe noone has looks at my application yet.
Thanks

lake1
United Kingdom

Re: application fees

Post by lake1 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:21 pm

Lamiss wrote: Thank you for sharing your experience.

I sent my application on 06th August and received the COA on 16th August 2013 so I hope they'll process mine as fast as they did for you.
As part of the EEA4 application, they charge £55. Did you add your bank details/card or did you choose the post check?

It's been 3 months now and they still haven't taken the money, which makes me believe noone has looked at my file yet.
Not to scare you but I will be bothered as to why they haven't taken the money up till now ( its might be they have mixed things up ) but the good thing is that you received your COA which means they have your application.

brazUKa
Newly Registered
Brazil

Re: application fees

Post by brazUKa » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:59 am

Lamiss wrote:

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I didn't add my bank details. I've used a credit card instead and the £55 charge appeared on my card statement as being taken on the 24/08/2013 - which is just 2 days after I have posted my application to them and same date as the first letter they sent me.

iffi
Newly Registered

Post by iffi » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:56 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
iffi wrote:
iffi wrote:
askmeplz82 wrote:

Thanks askmeplz82,

etc etc

Hello Again,
I want to travel by Christmas and its already been 6 months by end of next week.

I want my passport back for travel purpose,

Can anyone help how to request it back ?

Thanks in advance !

lake1
United Kingdom

EEA 4 Process

Post by lake1 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:17 pm

The below link might be of interest to everyone, it states how the HO process EEA 4 and how many case workers work on EEA 4 among other things.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-447509