ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous refusal from another country

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aneg07
Newly Registered

Previous refusal from another country

Post by aneg07 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:56 pm

Hi,
i'm preparing my first uk tourist visa application and i'd like to ask you one question:
will a previous refusal from another country effect my actual uk visa application?

In fact, more than one year back i had a tourist visa refusal from France Embassy.
Now that i'm appliyng for uk tourist visa i'm a little bit worried about this refusal: i know that uk embassy officers decide on their own but i'm wondering if my previous refusal will affect my actual uk application.
And however, i dont know the reasons of the previous refusal because the officer said they never give explanation about the refusals! :shock:

Now i'm worried about this thing and even i dont know what to write in uk aplication form ("Have u ever been refused a visa for another country? What happened? Please give the details :? .....")

What happens in these cases? Uk Embassy officers will reject automatically my visa? Will they call me at least for an interview? Will they call France Embassy? :)

Is there someone who can share one similar situation and can give me information about this matter?

Thank you so much

stedman

Post by stedman » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:39 pm

Is the refusal stamped on your passport? If it is, then you have to state the likely reason in your UK visa application form. They just want to make sure you're not going to overstay your visa and if the French embassy were suspicious, the UK consulate people will want to know why and they may use that to decide whether or not to grant you a visa.

They won't call the French embassy, they'll just use the information you provide to make their own decision.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:52 pm

My cousin was refused a Visit Visa to Canada, and had "TVR" stamped smoewhere in his passport, but when he applied for a UK Visit Visa at the BHC, it didn't seem to make any difference. They only asked if he had been refused a UK Visa before, which he hadn't, so he got his UK Visit Visa.

I don't know if it would have turned out different had the refusal been for a UK application.... :roll:

aneg07
Newly Registered

Post by aneg07 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:28 am

[quote="stedman"]Is the refusal stamped on your passport? [/quote]

No. they didn't stamped anything on my passport. They just say i didn't get the visa.
:?

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:34 pm

aneg07, did you manage to get your UK visa?