ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question. When your Passport expires during UKBA process.

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

samir01

Question. When your Passport expires during UKBA process.

Post by samir01 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:14 am

Guys This is just for information purposes.
As the home Office can take a year to process a file thatswhy i have a question on a problem Which many people might face.

What happens when ones passport date expires within the UKBA process whether appeal or normal Extension process etc.

Any Experience Guys please share.

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:17 pm

at the time of application u must have minimum 6month valid passport.

if it expire within processing time at ukba then nothing u can do abt it as renewal need old passport.

samir01

Post by samir01 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:06 pm

Yes you are right but still most of us are may be having 6 or 8 months in hand but we know UKBA has unprofessional conduct and they refuses visa as a stupid reasons. or useless basis any one can be dragged into their stupid refusals then normally people go to appeal.

Appeal process can take 3 months to 2 years so
thatswhy i was thinking what could be done at that time.

1. Does the Applicant must have to withdraw his case or
2. A new passpaort should be taken in any legal way that you cannot produce old one.

End of the day Withdraw a case due to passport expiry seems completely Unjust with Applicants file ,money and life.

This is an Area which UKBA has left UnSolved probably.
On Our End
Can the New passport be applied what do you guys think While passport in UKBA offices due to someones badluck,UKBA's Idiotic behaviour

Darvesh wrote:at the time of application u must have minimum 6month valid passport.

if it expire within processing time at ukba then nothing u can do abt it as renewal need old passport.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:13 pm

Darvesh wrote:at the time of application u must have minimum 6month valid passport.

@ Darvesh, I don't think its all country that requires old passport before issuing new copy.

Some countries accept photocopy of the old passport to issue new passport if old one is not available.

We should know that updating our international identification is our sole responsibility and regardless of HO delay, we should all endeavour to make sure our ID are up-to-date if its possible.

My advice to Samir01 is that you should try to apply for a new passport from your embassy and if they refuse to issue you a new one, then you can have a reason to give to HO if they request for your updated passport.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

samir01

Post by samir01 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:25 pm

Olasunkanmi wrote:
Thanks Mate
I will speak with Embassy on it lets see

@ Darvesh, I don't think its all country that requires old passport before issuing new copy.

Some countries accept photocopy of the old passport to issue new passport if old one is not available.

We should know that updating our international identification is our sole responsibility and regardless of HO delay, we should all endeavour to make sure our ID are up-to-date if its possible.

My advice to Samir01 is that you should try to apply for a new passport from your embassy and if they refuse to issue you a new one, then you can have a reason to give to HO if they request for your updated passport.

Legal83

Post by Legal83 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:21 pm

hi, I had a same problem my passport expires, while application was in process, its simple you can send UKBA a new passport with your covering letter and your ukba ref no of ur in process application. ukba will update your file.

Kokopop

Post by Kokopop » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:44 pm

What if you need the old to apply for new one ??

samir01

Post by samir01 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:08 am

Yes how can you take new passport if you do not have access on older one. Could you please elabprate it further.

Legal83 wrote:hi, I had a same problem my passport expires, while application was in process, its simple you can send UKBA a new passport with your covering letter and your ukba ref no of ur in process application. ukba will update your file.

hnav

Passport Expire in four month time

Post by hnav » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:31 am

What we should do if passport expire after four months and no time to renew because visa getting expire and need to apply 2 weeks time

Regards[/quote]

samir01

Re: Passport Expire in four month time

Post by samir01 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:39 am

All Embassies specially Pak and few other Embassies have Urgent Passport facility
You should rush and make a new passport if they give you 10 days time max.
Otherwise yiu could be in a problem at later stage.
Embassy Offices do listen the emergencies and they collect document between 9am to 11M.
So better be quick as we have no early logical or practical witness who could tell us how yo retreive passport
When one is in UKBA process..
hnav wrote:What we should do if passport expire after four months and no time to renew because visa getting expire and need to apply 2 weeks time

Regards
[/quote]