ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ncs Vs Oisc Advisers Any Benefit?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nionlight
Member of Standing

Ncs Vs Oisc Advisers Any Benefit?

Post by nionlight » Tue May 21, 2013 10:50 pm

Hello all,

Is there any benefit to use OISC advisers for naturalisation application? Will it be any faster if I use OISC advisers? If not then is there an benefit at all? NCS charges £50 where as OISC advisers/solicitors charge at least 10 times more than that. Thanks.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Ncs Vs Oisc Advisers Any Benefit?

Post by Amber » Tue May 21, 2013 10:58 pm

nionlight wrote:Hello all,

Is there any benefit to use OISC advisers for naturalisation application? Will it be any faster if I use OISC advisers? If not then is there an benefit at all? NCS charges £50 where as OISC advisers/solicitors charge at least 10 times more than that. Thanks.
For straightforward applications no, however, if you required advice on a matter I.e. a technical question then I would be more inclined to seek professional advice, the NCS do not offer advice.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:02 pm

nionlight wrote:Hi all,

Just wondering if it is Possible to add 2/3 'return envelops' even though I am using NCS? I just want HO to send any correspondence such as acknowledgement letter etc through return envelops so that I can track?

Is it possible? Has any one ever done it? Thanks
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:05 pm

D4109125 wrote:
nionlight wrote:Hi all,

Just wondering if it is Possible to add 2/3 'return envelops' even though I am using NCS? I just want HO to send any correspondence such as acknowledgement letter etc through return envelops so that I can track?

Is it possible? Has any one ever done it? Thanks
Sorry didn't get it. Why are you quoting my new post to a very old one? Am I missing something?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:32 pm

I know you can do this if sending documents to the home office, either ask the NCS officer or include a cover letter asking them to send acknowledgement letter and approval letter in the enclosed envelopes.

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:11 am

D4109125 wrote:I know you can do this if sending documents to the home office, either ask the NCS officer or include a cover letter asking them to send acknowledgement letter and approval letter in the enclosed envelopes.
Thanks for your reply. But you have replied to a thread created on May 2013 ,that has nothing to do with your reply.

You closed the correct thread and replied here without any reason. Whoever read the title of this thread will just be confused. Unnecessary thread merging!

There is absolutely no reason to merge thread unless they are same or related query posted by same user. Please stop doing that.
Last edited by nionlight on Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

VR

Using CAPS in reply

Post by VR » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:19 am

nionlight,

In the virtual world use of capital letters is absolutely disrespectful and uncalled for. No matter how irked you are by merging of your threads.

Please note Amber has been doing selfless service to the migrant community and I need not emphasize the fact that the advise, follow up and sane counsel in times of high anxiety cannot be quantified in terms of money.

If you are unable to see this, atleast you should consider the above etiquette keeping in mind you are addressing a lady.

No offence meant. Just giving you an additional perspective. There is a problem of multiple threads here. People posting the same questions again and again. Legal advise is expensive. When you have people sharing their knowledge and experience for free there is a need to show some respect.

Best Regards
vr

nionlight
Member of Standing

Re: Using CAPS in reply

Post by nionlight » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:40 am

VR wrote:nionlight,

In the virtual world use of capital letters is absolutely disrespectful and uncalled for. No matter how irked you are by merging of your threads.

Please note Amber has been doing selfless service to the migrant community and I need not emphasize the fact that the advise, follow up and sane counsel in times of high anxiety cannot be quantified in terms of money.

If you are unable to see this, atleast you should consider the above etiquette keeping in mind you are addressing a lady.

No offence meant. Just giving you an additional perspective. There is a problem of multiple threads here. People posting the same questions again and again. Legal advise is expensive. When you have people sharing their knowledge and experience for free there is a need to show some respect.

Best Regards
vr
Thread edited! didn't realize I was speaking to a Lady.

I very well understand about merging threads and why it is necessary which you clearly said ("People posting the same questions again and again".)

But merging totally different topics is not the etiquette of any forum management. The whole purpose of this forum is to share idea, knowledge and help.

Merging unnecessary irrelevant threads can be anything but please don't call it helpful. Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:42 am

If you care to read the rules (click) you will see that:
The moderators appreciate that bb users have an interest in obtaining information specific to their circumstances but kindly request you to refrain from multiple postings on a single topic (or related grouping e.g. naturalisation)
You can if you wish edit the title of your thread to perhaps - 'naturalisation questions'.

Your thread will still be seen by the other members.