ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

new form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:14 pm

joy2006 wrote:how come one cannot apply for BC without filling in a form
Who said you can't? You can't do it over the phone as it needs to be a signed request to become BC but if you provide a signed letter with all the relevant evidence and the fee, this is considered a valid application even without the correct form. See 6.3.1 if you are really intersted in the small print.

All that I'm saying is that if filling in another new form would cause you difficulties then use the old one. The application will not be rejected because of the version of the form.

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:20 pm

Jambo wrote:
Who said you can't? You can't do it over the phone as it needs to be a signed request to become BC but if you provide a signed letter with all the relevant evidence and the fee, this is considered a valid application even without the correct form. See 6.3.1 if you are really intersted in the small print.

All that I'm saying is that if filling in another new form would cause you difficulties then use the old one. The application will not be rejected because of the version of the form.
Yes it may not be rejected but what about if NCS do not agree to process the application in the first place??

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:30 pm

nionlight wrote:
Jambo wrote:

Yes it may not be rejected but what about if NCS do not agree to process the application in the first place??
You either convince them they are wrong (ask them to call the homeoffice), don't use them (use another NCS, postal) or you fill in a new form.

joy2006

Post by joy2006 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:30 pm

Thanks Jambo for the reference. Actually do you know anyone who has not used an application form but only conformed to the procedure laid out in article 6.3.1? It would be interesting to hear what that person's experience was. Am sure their case was approved if they had the relevant supporting documents.

I thought a BC Completed Form would form part of the documentation required in the application process but i may have misinterpreted the small prints.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:45 pm

joy2006 wrote:Thanks Jambo for the reference. Actually do you know anyone who has not used an application form but only conformed to the procedure laid out in article 6.3.1? It would be interesting to hear what that person's experience was. Am sure their case was approved if they had the relevant supporting documents.

I thought a completed form would be part of documents required in the application process but i may have misinterpreted the small prints.
I suspect everyone is using the form nowadays. I suspect not using a form at all would probably mean a longer process time as the HO would need to do more checks to get information otherwise put in the form.

I'm not an immigration professional so I don't know many people who apply. It doesn't make sense not to use the form. I just want to reassure people that the sky won't fall if a mistake is done (same goes for people not sure what to put in the "first entry date" / "occupation" or exact dates of addresses). Unlike the experiences people might had with immigration applications in the past, it is different with naturalisation.

joy2006

Post by joy2006 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:53 pm

Am glad we have reached an agreement and at least all individuals seeking advise about this topic including myself have learnt a thing or two.

tronca33

Post by tronca33 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:54 pm

So for who is this?
You should use the new forms if you apply on or after 1 October 2013. However, we will continue to accept applications made on previous versions of these forms up to and including 22nd October 2013.

I think we can use old one until 22th.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:03 am

tronca33 wrote:So for who is this?
You should use the new forms if you apply on or after 1 October 2013. However, we will continue to accept applications made on previous versions of these forms up to and including 22nd October 2013.

I think we can use old one until 22th.
A reference for the quote would have been useful.

I presume you refer to this announcement from the HO - http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... rm-changes as you can read there, this refers to visa applications. Not to naturalisation application.

tronca33

Post by tronca33 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:14 am

Yes I know.But they do not saying about AN application.So I think they must to work in all ways.I hope..

akhan25

Post by akhan25 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:11 am

Jambo was perfectly right I know some one who has got BC with no form in 80s. And on every application form for other categories its clearly stated on 1st or 2md page to use theccorrect form. Even at the end u have a checklist as well to say u r using correct form. But with an forms nothing of that sorts is mentioned anywhere. Amd that mew fo announcement only relates to few pbs categories.

Tuvoc

Post by Tuvoc » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:15 pm

I just phoned my local registry office. They said the old form is OK to use for applications that will reach the home office before 28th October. I have an appointment next week and they will accept the old form and send it to the Home Office. Brilliant.

So it seems that there is some inconsistency between the local services. But if the application has been checked by them and given the all-clear, and they forward it to the home office, they can hardly reject the application becuase of the form.

tronca33

Post by tronca33 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:41 am

So nobody else know about new form???
I will send my application next week,I hope they not rejected them...
:(

Tuvoc

Post by Tuvoc » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:52 am

tronca33 wrote:So nobody else know about new form???
I will send my application next week,I hope they not rejected them...
:(
It seems there is no straight answer to the question.

I'm relaxed about using the old form and having it checked by the NCS and sent to the home office by them. I can't see how the Home Office could possibly reject that. The NCS was specifically set up to give assurance that the procedural issues with the application are OK.

I'd be less relaxed about just sending the old form in the post myself. A greater chance they could reject it that way.

tronca33

Post by tronca33 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:03 am

Yes you right.
But It is not lawful reject post application and NCS not.
I think the law are for everybody.

Fairychild

Post by Fairychild » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:34 am

Is the current AN form really the final form for after 28 October applications?

I can't see how it can work. There is nowhere to provide information about meeting the new language requirement despite previously passing the KOL test for settlement.

Confused :?

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:48 am

Fairychild wrote:Is the current AN form really the final form for after 28 October applications?

I can't see how it can work. There is nowhere to provide information about meeting the new language requirement despite previously passing the KOL test for settlement.

Confused :?
In the new form there is this bit " PLEASE NOTE: The Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK (KOLL) requirement is changing on 28 October 2013.From this date, applicants will be required to pass the Life in the UK test AND have a speaking and listening qualification inEnglish at B1 CEFR or higher, or an equivalent level qualification.Further details can be found on our website."

Fairychild

Post by Fairychild » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:53 am

Thanks nionlight I saw that but I guess I was expecting somewhere to tick that I previously met the language B1 Requirement during entry clearance. And somewhere for my husband to give information about passing a language test like IELTS in the past two years.

We can provide this information in the extra info section of course.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:05 pm

The September form is not changed for the B1 requirement it changed due to Good Character. For the English language requirement a new form should be released on 28/10/13.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Tuvoc

Post by Tuvoc » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:08 pm

D4109125 wrote:The September form is not changed for the B1 requirement it changed due to Good Character. For the English language requirement a new form should be released on 28/10/13.
I certainly hope my local NCS sticks to what it told me yesterday, that they will still accept the December 2012 form for my appointment next week.....

joy2006

Post by joy2006 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:46 pm

Tuvoc wrote:
D4109125 wrote:The September form is not changed for the B1 requirement it changed due to Good Character. For the English language requirement a new form should be released on 28/10/13.
I certainly hope my local NCS sticks to what it told me yesterday, that they will still accept the December 2012 form for my appointment next week.....
Hi Tuvoc,

If you are really worried, transfer the info onto the new form cos that's what I have done to save me all the worries and my appointment with NCS is next week on Thursday. I got one of my referees to re-sign my new form yesterday and am meeting the one tomorrow to do the same. it's a hassle but at least I will get a piece of mind.

nmm

Post by nmm » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:57 pm

Hi Friends,

Yesterday I sent an email to Peterborough NCS, where I have booked the appointment and I received very positive reply as follows:
Dear Sir

Thank you for your email.

The old forms are still acceptable, and will be fine for your appointment. The Home Office are encouraging applicants to use the new forms for applications received on or after 28th October, but even then the old forms would still be acceptable in most cases.

Kind regards
I think that reply is very clear and should remove any ambiguities.

Tuvoc

Post by Tuvoc » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:02 pm

Excellent - that is exactly what my local office said as well - the old form is OK for applications received before 28th October.

epping
Newly Registered

Post by epping » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:53 am

Hi guys,

My first post on this forum...! I am in the same boat as well haha. I have completed the old version of AN form Dec 2012. My Referees completed and signed the section 5 of AN form. I already booked my appoint with NCS on the 08.10 Tues. I have rang the NCS yesterday and they told me that they will accept the old forms.

Tuvoc

Post by Tuvoc » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:18 am

epping wrote:Hi guys,

My first post on this forum...! I am in the same boat as well haha. I have completed the old version of AN form Dec 2012. My Referees completed and signed the section 5 of AN form. I already booked my appoint with NCS on the 08.10 Tues. I have rang the NCS yesterday and they told me that they will accept the old forms.
Great, so we now have this same information from a number of local NCS. Perfect. My appt is Tuesday also.

Tuvoc

Post by Tuvoc » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:42 pm

Local NCS accepted the old form today, no problems at all.

One surprise though - even though I ticked "met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement" they insisted I had to supply the necessary certificates again, which fortunately I had on me.