ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New English Language rule from 28/2013, Joint MSc degree

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zjz0923
Newly Registered

New English Language rule from 28/2013, Joint MSc degree

Post by zjz0923 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:27 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am due to apply ILR early next year and have to provide English language certificates.

I did a Joint MSc among five universities in the EU, one of which is UK university. However, my official MSc degree certificate is in French (coordinator Univ is from France). It does have five signatures of the Vice chancellor/president of those five universities.

I cannot ask NARIC to do a language assessment as they will not do MSc degrees.

I did pass the IELTS test 7 years ago when I applied UK the entry clearance, unfortunately, I lost my IELTS certificate it would expire anyway.

How I can prove that meet their B1 requirement apart from taking another IELTS test?

Thanks very much.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:50 pm

Of course you can ask NARIC to confirm the comparability of the MSc degree. Although, if you met an English Language requirement for entry clearance that should suffice.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

zjz0923
Newly Registered

Post by zjz0923 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:10 pm

Thanks for your reply. I have a letter from the UK university saying I have studied there and qualified for Master degree and refer to the joint degree.

Is this good enough? I do not know whether NARIC will do the statement of comparability if it is already a UK degree.
D4109125 wrote:Of course you can ask NARIC to confirm the comparability of the MSc degree. Although, if you met an English Language requirement for entry clearance that should suffice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:11 pm

Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Shotgun
Newly Registered

Post by Shotgun » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:48 am

I have booked a PEO appointment on 28th Oct.

I only just realised that there's going to be a new requirement of the English language on that particular date. This is not a problem, as I already have a previous English test done.

However, what worries me is if my application form that I have filled will be outdated on the day of appointment. Will they release the new form on exactly 28th Oct? I wouldnt have much time to fill it in if that's the case.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:52 am

Shotgun wrote:I have booked a PEO appointment on 28th Oct.

I only just realised that there's going to be a new requirement of the English language on that particular date. This is not a problem, as I already have a previous English test done.

However, what worries me is if my application form that I have filled will be outdated on the day of appointment. Will they release the new form on exactly 28th Oct? I wouldnt have much time to fill it in if that's the case.
new form already released

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:37 am

Those new forms are not for settlement.