ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application sent over 6 months ago - Ways to contact UKBA

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

katievoroncova
Newly Registered

Application sent over 6 months ago - Ways to contact UKBA

Post by katievoroncova » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:27 am

Hi guys,

Unfortunately my app has 'fallen in the back of the draw' somewhere since 13th of March 13. I have chased UKBA using the e-mail addresses, filed an official complaint, wrote to my local MP who agreed to write to the Director to chase this up. UKBA are aware that I had done those things and I also threatened them about the MP taking the case to the Parliamentary Ombudsmen. So far, no response.

I have also tried to call the number, but that just has a robot saying that all progress updates are now followed up using e-mails...

Has anyone got a better telephone number to call please?

Thank you in advance

Derivaz

Re: Application sent over 6 months ago - Ways to contact UKB

Post by Derivaz » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:36 am

katievoroncova wrote:Hi guys,

Unfortunately my app has 'fallen in the back of the draw' somewhere since 13th of March 13. I have chased UKBA using the e-mail addresses, filed an official complaint, wrote to my local MP who agreed to write to the Director to chase this up. UKBA are aware that I had done those things and I also threatened them about the MP taking the case to the Parliamentary Ombudsmen. So far, no response.

I have also tried to call the number, but that just has a robot saying that all progress updates are now followed up using e-mails...

Has anyone got a better telephone number to call please?

Thank you in advance
Hi Katie

When did your MP contact the UKBA?

I think you can call the normal number and choose the options 2/2 (applications over 6 months) and they answer there; according to some posters.

did you email them using the nationality progress email?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:44 am

Please continue in your other thread
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

soma7474

Post by soma7474 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:44 pm

I called 08706067766 for my case update, its work.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:00 pm

soma7474 wrote:I called 08706067766 for my case update, its work.
Soma

So you rang that number and they answered it, you didn't get the answer machine?
Did you have to wait 6 months or phoned before that?

Also, did they give you an accurate update?

soma7474

Post by soma7474 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:02 pm

yes, they said your application is still pending waiting information from different department

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:18 pm

soma7474 wrote:yes, they said your application is still pending waiting information from different department
ah it sounds better than the typical email; may I ask when you submitted your application?

soma7474

Post by soma7474 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:24 pm

I submit joint application with my husband dated 11th April 2013. After involving my MP in case. They replied to MP that they are waiting file from DPU. Today I receive telephone call from case worker saying that recent situation is this. I received your file from DPU. We gone have a look and contact you shortly, okay, take care, bye. phone ends

how long it will take now?

they will request some more documents or I expect decision now?

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:56 pm

soma7474 wrote:I submit joint application with my husband dated 11th April 2013. After involving my MP in case. They replied to MP that they are waiting file from DPU. Today I receive telephone call from case worker saying that recent situation is this. I received your file from DPU. We gone have a look and contact you shortly, okay, take care, bye. phone ends

ah ok, so you called them around 5 months after submission; I'll wait a while then.

I think he meant contact you with the decision letter; if he needed more information, he would have told you today, I think.

What does DPU stand for?

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:57 pm

soma7474 wrote:I submit joint application with my husband dated 11th April 2013. After involving my MP in case. They replied to MP that they are waiting file from DPU. Today I receive telephone call from case worker saying that recent situation is this. I received your file from DPU. We gone have a look and contact you shortly, okay, take care, bye. phone ends

ah ok, so you called them around 5 months after submission; I'll wait a while then.

I think he meant contact you with the decision letter; if he needed more information, he would have told you today, I think.

What does DPU stand for?

soma7474

Post by soma7474 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:59 pm

Data Protection Unit basically Subject Access Report

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:03 pm

soma7474 wrote:Data Protection Unit basically Subject Access Report
ah ok, so I guess they were requesting information regarding your criminal/financial records etc.. and they already got the file, so it sounds like your decision is around the corner