ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self Emploed Class2 NI and earnings query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ToneGen

Self Emploed Class2 NI and earnings query

Post by ToneGen » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:00 am

Hello Experts,
I have PEO appointment booked in during 1st week of Nov'13 for T1 Gen 2nd Extn.
Please help with my doubts..

Question1.
I am a a director of ltd comp and draw dividends and salary. This I presume is considered as self employed by UKBA in which case I should be paying Class2 NI.
But as per HMRC I am emploed and pay Class1 NI.

Now UKBA wants us to provide evidence towards registered as self-employed and paying class2 NI.
Appendix A
19. (a) In all cases, the applicant must provide at least two different types of the specified documents in paragraph 19-SD(a) from two or more separate sources as evidence for each source of previous earnings.

(b) If the applicant is claiming points for self-employed earnings made in the UK, he must also provide the specified documents in paragraph 19-SD(b) to show that:

(i) he is registered as self-employed,

(ii) he was registered as self-employed during the period(s) of self-employment used to claim points, and

(iii) he was paying Class 2 National Insurance contributions during the period(s) of self-employment used to claim points.
what document I need to produce in this case?

Question2.

I want to just claim points for earnings made between Feb2013 to Oct2013. Does that mean along with relavant personal bank satements I have to only produce business bank statements and Acountants P/L statements for this period? or P/L statement must be for 12 months.

Thank You in advance

coolwind
United Kingdom

Post by coolwind » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:15 am

The answer to your first question is that you have apply as employed. In this case, you will be the director and employee of your own limited company.

karg_g

Post by karg_g » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:27 pm

Hi,

As per HMRC you are employed. UKBA might consider you as self-employed but as per tax laws you are employed. We have not seen any cases recently where UKBA CW has confused between Self Employed & Director.

Considering your case ensure you have valid payslips/Dividend Vouchers/Account statement plus your personal bank statement. You should also carry Business Bank Stmnt, P&L statements, Invoices etc., but do not give it to CW unless requested.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

Good Luck
I try to give honest answers, however I might be wrong, kindly always check with your solicitor/accountant for final confirmation

nitinmittal13
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by nitinmittal13 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:53 pm

Hi

Make sure you take along the copy of the contracts (with recruitment agency or client). For LTD company people they've now started genuine earnings test. Also take letter from your accountant certifying the earnings for the period claimed. And like karg_g mentioned take your business bank statements, P& L statements, Corp tax records etc and produce them when requested.

Thanks