ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

asjid73
Pakistan

Post by asjid73 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:05 pm

sameer_mqj wrote:ILR SET(O) 10 years Long Residene

Asalamalikum !

Alhamdulillah i received my documents today , BRP on its way.

Applied 4 April 2013
Biometric -22 April 2013
Docs & passport 02/10/2013
BRP- Waiting

Thankyou all,
hi sameer_mqj congratulation enjoy your freedom i got latter today as well
ASJID

asjid73
Pakistan

Re: Hoorrayyyyyy

Post by asjid73 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:07 pm

manwar wrote:Assalamualikum all. Received my ILR day before yesterday. Biometric came in same day but missed. Got BPr yesterday. Time line skydive under manwar April 2013. Just less then 6 month.
6 yr student+2 yr Psw+ 2 yr student

Hope all of waiting, would get good news soon. Especial thanks to the members who replied to my post.

I don't feel like jumping in joy, when I look back to my 10 years and all the restaurant people who were abusing us during work. Just want to say all the people waiting deserve better.
hi manwar congratulation mate
ASJID

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:34 pm

1. My child is born in Uk last year and she has a Tier 1 Dependent visa expiring august 2014
. My wife who also holds the Tier 1 dependent visa until August 2014
Not sure whether they can travel with that visa as visa is now may be void. Vinny is the best person to get answer.

2.Also if i want to apply for the child's British passport what do i have to do? and how much it would cost me?
Register the child with MN1 form, cost around £678 i think, once you received the naturalisation certificate, apply for British passport which will cost around £55. All will take 4-6 weeks time.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Re: ILR approved

Post by Tier 4 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:01 am

asjid73 wrote: I varied my Tier 1 application on 19/04/2013 so took 24 weeks.
Congrats asjid73
Can i ask did you do biom twice for your Tier 1 and ILR application?
N/A

sameer_mqj
Newly Registered

Post by sameer_mqj » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:15 am

Thankyou z18runway.

Vinny, can you please confirm if the dependents can travel with me or not with their Tier1 Visas.

Any help will really be appreciated.

1. My child is born in Uk last year and she has a Tier 1 Dependent visa expiring august 2014
. My wife who also holds the Tier 1 dependent visa until August 2014[/quote]

rajiv.80
Newly Registered

Post by rajiv.80 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:25 am

asjid73 wrote:Hi guys,
Thanks to All mighty Allaha who is beneficent to all
I have got my ILR today.
Received Home office letter today dated 30th September and biomatric card dated 30th September received today as well. I will put all other details latter
I varied my Tier 1 application on 19/04/2013 so took 24 weeks.
. Congratulations mate.

asjid73
Pakistan

Post by asjid73 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:50 am

Soban wrote:
I have got my ILR today.
Received Home office letter today dated 30th September and biomatric card dated 30th September received today as well. I will put all other details latter
Congrats Asjid!! Really happy for you. Enjoy yourself
Thanks Soban Insha Allaha you will get yours soon.
ASJID

asjid73
Pakistan

Post by asjid73 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:52 am

iHope wrote:
I have got my ILR today.
Congratulation Asjid. good luck in future.
Thanks Mate praying for your success.
ASJID

asjid73
Pakistan

Post by asjid73 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:54 am

Tier 4 wrote:
asjid73 wrote: I varied my Tier 1 application on 19/04/2013 so took 24 weeks.
Congrats asjid73
Can i ask did you do biom twice for your Tier 1 and ILR application?
Thanks mate yes i did biomatric twice

asjid73
Pakistan

Post by asjid73 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am

rajiv.80 wrote:
I have got my ILR today.
. Congratulations mate.
Thanks Rajiv

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:02 am

sameer_mqj wrote:Thankyou z18runway.

Vinny, can you please confirm if the dependents can travel with me or not with their Tier1 Visas.

Any help will really be appreciated.

. My wife who also holds the Tier 1 dependent visa until August 2014
Please read through this thread
Vinny wrote:I believe that if her leave hasn't been curtailed, then she may remain in the UK on it. However, if she travels, then she may be refused entry into the UK because of her change of circumstances (321A).

Different rules apply?

Therefore, ask the UKBA for written clarification if she wishes to travel.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

asjid73
Pakistan

ILR approved

Post by asjid73 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:33 am

Hi every one
This is my time line
Applied on 19/04/2013
Acknowledge letter 24/04/2013
Biomatric invitation 09/05/2013
Biomatric did 15/05/2013
Passports & docs received 02/10/2013
BRP received 02/10/2013

I came to UK on 14/04/2003 and my last visa was expiring on 08/01/2013 which was PSW so i was short of about three months so i applied for Tier 1 Enterpanuer visa back in November 2012 my application was still pending with HO so asked to vary the grounds of application on 19/04/13 i used solicitor for my first application so he send ILR application as well (really waste of money using solicitor for LR ) on 28/06/2013 HO send a letter asking me which application i want to be considered replied them want ILR application to be considered which has been varied form Tier 1 application.
The only good thing my solicitor did is he wrote to HO for refund of fee because we need to pay only difference between two application he told me yesterday that refund has been processed and i am going to receive it very soon in the post All guys who asked for variation and paid full fee again good news for them :D will let you know once i got it
Best of luck who ever is waiting at the moment.
ASJID

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:35 am

Waiting for biometric Letter

Previous visa
Student ---PSW---Tier1 General

Application sent: 06-09-2013 Friday
Payment Method :Cheque
Application Received--09 sept 2013 (Morning 0900 hours) Monday
Payment Taken from bank-13 Sept-2013 Friday
Acknowledgement letter: 14 Sept 2013 (Dated 10 Sept 2013)
Biometrics letter received:
Biometrics enrolled:

Passports+docs
Biometric Card :

Benito

Post by Benito » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:44 am

asjid73 wrote:Hi every one
This is my time line
Applied on 19/04/2013
Biomatric did 15/05/2013
BRP received 02/10/2013

I came to UK on 14/04/2003 and my last visa was expiring on 08/01/2013 which was PSW so i was short of about three months so i applied for Tier 1 Enterpanuer visa back in November 2012 my application was still pending with HO so asked to vary the grounds of application on 19/04/13 i used solicitor for my first application so he send ILR application as well (really waste of money using solicitor for LR ) on 28/06/2013 HO send a letter asking me which application i want to be considered replied them want ILR application to be considered which has been varied form Tier 1 application.
The only good thing my solicitor did is he wrote to HO for refund of fee because we need to pay only difference between two application he told me yesterday that refund has been processed and i am going to receive it very soon in the post All guys who asked for variation and paid full fee again good news for them :D will let you know once i got it
ASJID
Congratulations and best of luck in the future!
Thanks for sharing this info!

Benito

Post by Benito » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:49 am

Also, I have called to HO today just to find out the status of my application (just out of curiosity, had a good & productive morning today at work) and after about 10 min. waiting very kind lady have answered. She said that there is no decision made on application yet but when I asked if it's been allocated to CW, she replied that it is with the CW at the moment...
I have applied in May...hope this help

Tobi
Newly Registered

Post by Tobi » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:28 pm

Benito wrote:Also, I have called to HO today just to find out the status of my application (just out of curiosity, had a good & productive morning today at work) and after about 10 min. waiting very kind lady have answered. She said that there is no decision made on application yet but when I asked if it's been allocated to CW, she replied that it is with the CW at the moment...
Hi Benito, which of the numbers did you call?

Is it true that when you call HO for status update, they move your case to the back of the queue?

Thanks

Benito

Post by Benito » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:35 pm

Tobi wrote:
Benito wrote:Also, I have called to HO today just to find out the status of my application (just out of curiosity, had a good & productive morning today at work) and after about 10 min. waiting very kind lady have answered. She said that there is no decision made on application yet but when I asked if it's been allocated to CW, she replied that it is with the CW at the moment...
Hi Benito, which of the numbers did you call?

Is it true that when you call HO for status update, they move your case to the back of the queue?

Thanks
Hi Tobi, number is 0870 606 7766, if you want to get hold of them it is better to call in the morning as I've tried to call in the afternoon yesterday & automated services say "all operatives are busy, please call back later"...
I don't think that they would do that...

rajiv.80
Newly Registered

Post by rajiv.80 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:53 pm

. Hi Benito, tnx for sharing this information. I applied 2nd of May. Some of my friends told me if you call them before 6 months they ignore you and tell you to call back after 6 months. Maybe i will try to call them next week just to try. Thanks

cheeta
Newly Registered

Post by cheeta » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:42 pm

I have got my ILR today.
Many congratulations asjid73, please pray for me I varied my application on 18th March still waiting

asjid73
Pakistan

Post by asjid73 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:01 pm

Benito wrote:
asjid73 wrote:Hi every one
This is my time line
Applied on 19/04/2013
Biomatric did 15/05/2013
BRP received 02/10/2013

ASJID
Congratulations and best of luck in the future!
Thanks for sharing this info!
Thanks Benito and you are well come
ASJID

asjid73
Pakistan

Post by asjid73 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:03 pm

cheeta wrote:
I have got my ILR today.
Many congratulations asjid73, please pray for me I varied my application on 18th March still waiting
Hi Cheeta thanks mate, Insha Allaha you will receive good new very soon
ASJID

Benito

Post by Benito » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:19 pm

[/quote]. Hi Benito, tnx for sharing this information. I applied 2nd of May. Some of my friends told me if you call them before 6 months they ignore you and tell you to call back after 6 months. Maybe i will try to call them next week just to try. Thanks[/quote]

Someone posted this a long ago. Not sure if its true .

The way UKBA works:
1) All applications are received in a center room and get diverted to 'initial consideration unit'.

2) If the caseworker at ICU makes the decision at this stage then you get your documants back within 2 weeks normally

3) If the caseworker cannot make the decision at this stage he/she forwards the case to the 'further consideration unit' or the case management unit.

4) Now the main waiting period starts at this point. Here at the FCU or CMU the junior case worker first looks at the case and he/she consults his/her possible decision with the senior caseworker or the team leader. Especially if the decision is refusal then they have to consult it to their team leader before post it back to applicant.

5) The case might wait in a queue on the team leader desk for a while

6) After the decision is made and consulted with the team leader the case goes to implemented queue in the post room where the paperwork is getting ready for post

7) A case might also wait in the post room for a while, that is why we see the visa date 1 month before the date we received the passport. because it got stucked in a queue in the post room.

When we call the home office the telephone agents are instructed to say one of the 3 things if we enquiry about the progress of our application:

1) The case is still not completed or still in process ( it might be anywhere between 1 to 5 above)

2) The case is in the queue waiting to be seen ( it might be anywhere between 1 to 5 above)

3) We have posted to you something this date ( the decision is made but they do not tell u the decision on the phone)

The telephone agents do not say anything else apart from these 3 template sentence, they keep repeating them like robots, lol. The telephone inquiry is just a waste of time unless you are calling them to ask for your passport to be sent back.

I guess I was lucky today to get hold of this kind lady )))

rajiv.80
Newly Registered

Post by rajiv.80 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:28 am

Benito wrote:
. Hi Benito, tnx for sharing this information. I applied 2nd of May. Some of my friends told me if you call them before 6 months they ignore you and tell you to call back after 6 months. Maybe i will try to call them next week just to try. Thanks[/quote]

Someone posted this a long ago. Not sure if its true .

The way UKBA works:
1) All applications are received in a center room and get diverted to 'initial consideration unit'.

2) If the caseworker at ICU makes the decision at this stage then you get your documants back within 2 weeks normally

3) If the caseworker cannot make the decision at this stage he/she forwards the case to the 'further consideration unit' or the case management unit.

4) Now the main waiting period starts at this point. Here at the FCU or CMU the junior case worker first looks at the case and he/she consults his/her possible decision with the senior caseworker or the team leader. Especially if the decision is refusal then they have to consult it to their team leader before post it back to applicant.

5) The case might wait in a queue on the team leader desk for a while

6) After the decision is made and consulted with the team leader the case goes to implemented queue in the post room where the paperwork is getting ready for post

7) A case might also wait in the post room for a while, that is why we see the visa date 1 month before the date we received the passport. because it got stucked in a queue in the post room.

When we call the home office the telephone agents are instructed to say one of the 3 things if we enquiry about the progress of our application:

1) The case is still not completed or still in process ( it might be anywhere between 1 to 5 above)

2) The case is in the queue waiting to be seen ( it might be anywhere between 1 to 5 above)

3) We have posted to you something this date ( the decision is made but they do not tell u the decision on the phone)

The telephone agents do not say anything else apart from these 3 template sentence, they keep repeating them like robots, lol. The telephone inquiry is just a waste of time unless you are calling them to ask for your passport to be sent back.

I guess I was lucky today to get hold of this kind lady )))[/quote]. Thanks Benito. Life is getting more difficult everyday for last five months. Just waiting in dark is soo frustrating. Haven't been back home last ten years. Everyday i wakeup with new hope end of the day postman do not ring the bell. Finger crossed. Thanks.

johnsonbaby
Newly Registered

Post by johnsonbaby » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:25 pm

I need help please!!!
I have submitted my set(lr) form for 3 months up to right now.
But i received an email today which is my college decided remove the sponsorship of mine . In the meantime, allow me 60 days to find another college to sponsor or leave the uk. So far I haven't received any letter from ukba yet.
What should I do ? Does that will effect my set(lr) application?
Urgently!!!please help me!!!!

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Post by amjadleeds » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:34 pm

[quote="asjid73"]Hi every one
This is my time line
Applied on 19/04/2013
Biomatric did 15/05/2013
BRP received 02/10/2013

ASJID[/quo
Hi congratulation I m waiting from oct 12 just need your prayers .