ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Swearing in Date (Monday October 21st)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nice and smooth

New Swearing in Date (Monday October 21st)

Post by nice and smooth » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:10 pm

Hi guys, just to let you guys know that the new swearing in date is Monday the 21st october, 2013. I sent an email about my invitation to the next ceremony and got this reply.
Congratulations to those that have gotten their naturalisation letters.
Hi,

The next ceremony is to be held on 21 October and you will receive a letter
of invitation in due course.

Kind regards

Lucilla Ingoldsby
Citizenship Division

Citizenship Info
Mail-In Query
NICEANDSMOOTH

Mary26

Post by Mary26 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:49 pm

That's what i received today.

You will be invited to the next available ceremony. We are hoping the
ceremony will be in Mid October.

Regards

Your lady is definitely more open.

:lol:

nice and smooth

Post by nice and smooth » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:55 pm

yes mary, atleast we know exactly what date we are swearing in. I actually was surprised she gave me the date.
NICEANDSMOOTH

Mary26

Post by Mary26 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:08 pm

nice and smooth wrote:yes mary, atleast we know exactly what date we are swearing in. I actually was surprised she gave me the date.
Actually, she is the nicest one. Every time she was answering, she was saying something good and was quite precise comparing to others.
So, yep, this is a quite good news. Now i hope the session which i'm going to attend would be early in the morning, as i'm working (running the lab) from 1:30 until 18:00 this day. Fingers crossed.
I wonder, would it be possible to negotiate the timing with INIS....? If for instance they will propose late session?!

nice and smooth

Post by nice and smooth » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:26 pm

Well this is the best time to email them. They have not sent out any letters yet for the ceremony so you can explain things to them.They are quite reasonable there. I requested permission to return my GNIB card to travel out of the country and to my surprise they posted it to me and when i was finished i posted it back to them. I suggest you email and write them.
NICEANDSMOOTH

Mary26

Post by Mary26 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:31 pm

nice and smooth wrote:Well this is the best time to email them. They have not sent out any letters yet for the ceremony so you can explain things to them.They are quite reasonable there. I requested permission to return my GNIB card to travel out of the country and to my surprise they posted it to me and when i was finished i posted it back to them. I suggest you email and write them.
Grand! I'll email them tomorrow. And ask them about my options! Would be grand to know what they think.
Cheers.

nice and smooth

Post by nice and smooth » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:21 am

I finally got my invitation letter to the october 21st citizenship ceremony. Mary did you get yours? Invitations will still be sent out all the way to first week in october. Many friends that applied in 2012 got their approval letters today, more expected tomorrow. Good luck to all.
NICEANDSMOOTH

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:00 am

Best of luck to all those attending the ceremony :)
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

Mary26

Post by Mary26 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:22 am

nice and smooth wrote:I finally got my invitation letter to the october 21st citizenship ceremony. Mary did you get yours? Invitations will still be sent out all the way to first week in october. Many friends that applied in 2012 got their approval letters today, more expected tomorrow. Good luck to all.
Congrats!!
To be honest i have not checked my post box yet....
But i did email them and asked them to put me into the earliest possible session few days ago. So as soon as i'll check the post box i'll post here.
What is your session time?

Checked my post box. Nothing there yet. I guess it is a bit too early, as they only received my gnib, photos and fee this Tuesday.
So, i'll hope to receive the invitation on the next week.
Last edited by Mary26 on Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:59 am

nice and smooth wrote:I finally got my invitation letter to the october 21st citizenship ceremony. Mary did you get yours? Invitations will still be sent out all the way to first week in october. Many friends that applied in 2012 got their approval letters today, more expected tomorrow. Good luck to all.
What e-mail address did you use to contact them and when did u apply
Not waiting any more

nice and smooth

Post by nice and smooth » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:19 pm

The address is info@justice.ie. my case was very complicated so u cannot use my time line to compare with normal cases. I applied in jan 2008, total time was 5 years and 7 months!
NICEANDSMOOTH

Love211

citzinship

Post by Love211 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:26 pm

Hello

i got mail replay today some thing change other wise all time same replay ? what u think guy how long will take now and i hop for good news waiting since 2011.

Dear etc?

You should receive some correspondence in the coming days regarding your
application.

Regards

etcxxx
Citizenship Division

Citizenship Info
Mail-In Queryw mail ,

Love211

citzinship

Post by Love211 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:27 pm

Hello

i got mail replay today some thing change other wise all time same replay ? what u think guy how long will take now and i hop for good news waiting since 2011.

Dear etc?

application.

Regards

etcxxx
Citizenship Division

Citizenship Info
Mail-In Queryw mail ,

nice and smooth

Re: citzinship

Post by nice and smooth » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:02 am

Love211 wrote:Hello
Wow what a wonderful reply! They are basically telling you that you will get your citizenship very soon! Be happy!

Dear etc?

application.

Regards

etcxxx
Citizenship Division

Citizenship Info
Mail-In Queryw mail ,
NICEANDSMOOTH

Emigration2002
Newly Registered

dublin Citizenship Ceremony October 2013

Post by Emigration2002 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:08 am

Hello guys,I am new person and happy for made register this website.
if is possible tell me someone a question please.I paid over €900 only for my wife in 3th sep 2013 and then also paid one years ago near €400 (citizenship application) for both.and now waiting for receive Invitations letter citizenship ceremony on monday, 21st October 2013 ,but still no news of letter,however does anyone knows we have a chance for this month or no please.
thank you

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:07 pm

Hey,

I got my ceremony invitation in the post today. I was wondering, it says we need to bring our passport or driving licence on the day.. Don't have a driving licence and they still have my passport from the time when I sent in the documents and the 950 euros. Will they be posting my passport back in time for the ceremony or...?

nice and smooth

Post by nice and smooth » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:46 pm

Angel592 wrote:Hey,

I got my ceremony invitation in the post today. I was wondering, it says we need to bring our passport or driving licence on the day.. Don't have a driving licence and they still have my passport from the time when I sent in the documents and the 950 euros. Will they be posting my passport back in time for the ceremony or...?
You had no business sending in your passport! I didn't send mine! We'll go with and bank statement and bank card and ID card, social welfare card or job card! Gnib card.Anything that shows who you are
NICEANDSMOOTH

moro1

Post by moro1 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:48 pm

Email them and ask them to send your passport back, I am sure you will be find with any sort of photo ID

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:53 pm

moro1 wrote:

Email them and ask them to send your passport back, I am sure you will be find with any sort of photo ID
Actually, having a conversation with my dad cast some doubts into my mind! Unsure about the whereabouts of my passport, were we asked to submit it along with the 950 euros and our GNIB card? Just wondering if I REALLY did post it or misplaced it somewhere :shock: oh dear!

moro1

Post by moro1 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:58 pm

Angel592 wrote:
moro1 wrote:

Actually, having a conversation with my dad cast some doubts into my mind! Unsure about the whereabouts of my passport, were we asked to submit it along with the 950 euros and our GNIB card? Just wondering if I REALLY did post it or misplaced it somewhere :shock: oh dear!
I know for a fact they don't ask for the passport

Best thing to do I'd go to a Garda station and declare the loss of your passport, email them with a copy if the Garda report and explain to them the problem so they know before hand and go in the day with that loss deceleration and any Photo ID. Good luck :D

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:24 pm

moro1 wrote:
Angel592 wrote:
moro1 wrote:

I know for a fact they don't ask for the passport

Best thing to do I'd go to a Garda station and declare the loss of your passport, email them with a copy if the Garda report and explain to them the problem so they know before hand and go in the day with that loss deceleration and any Photo ID. Good luck :D
That's the thing, I have no other photo ID :( Perfect timing! I just emailed INIS to make sure weather I did send it in by accident as I have a strong feeling I did send it in.. my dad was right then guess you didn't have to send in the passport!

Missionred
Newly Registered

Ocotber Ceremony

Post by Missionred » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:25 pm

Are there many waiting for invites . just read in the Forum that the places for October ceremoney is full and the next one in December.

Can i hope that i still have a chance to get a place in the October Ceremony ?

approval received on the16th of sept and the required documents were sent on the same day ..
thanks

Love211

Re: Ocotber Ceremony

Post by Love211 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:42 pm

Missionred wrote:Are there many waiting for invites . just read in the Forum that the places for October ceremoney is full and the next one in December.

approval received on the16th of sept and the required documents were sent on the same day ..
thanks

Where did you read next ceremony in December after the October one and where did you read October ceremony is full ppl still getting latters ??????

dub007

Re: Ocotber Ceremony

Post by dub007 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:19 pm

Invitations will be sent out till the end of the week so expect the letter by the mid week next week and there is NO official word for Dec Ceremony so far all rumours by the people like us
Love211 wrote:
Missionred wrote:Are there many waiting for invites . just read in the Forum that the places for October ceremoney is full and the next one in December.

thanks

Where did you read next ceremony in December after the October one and where did you read October ceremony is full ppl still getting latters ??????

dub007

Post by dub007 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:52 pm

INIS WEBSITE UPDATE
The next citizenship ceremonies will take place in The Convention Centre Dublin, Spencer Dock, North Wall Quay, Dublin 1 on Monday 21st October, 2013.
Some 3,800 candidates will attend the ceremonies where they will take an oath of fidelity to the nation, receive their certificate of naturalisation and thereby become Irish citizens.