ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:15 pm

rilakuma wrote:Hi! Just a quick update regarding my application.
Decision regarding my application submitted last 8th of January 2013 has been refused. Their grounds of refusing me is that "my British partner and I can continue our relationship outside the UK." The case worker also indicated that although we'll have a great hardship relocating, the secretary of the state doesn't see that as an insurmountable obstacle for us to be together. I do not know if the case worker knows what insurmountable means 'cause if he/she does I do believe that we fall on that. It seems that they want her to drop everything she have in here, her friends, status, job and family to be with me.
So for now, we are advice to go for a pre action protocol and take them for a JR. Another wasted months of waiting and money because of a biased decision. We definitely going for it but we are already emotional and financially drained. I can't work, and with the bills for the soliscitor we do not know how can we cope up.
Goodluck on the ones who hasn't received their decision yet, I do hope its a positive outcome.
I am sorry for your refusal. Please remain strong emotionally and mentally, you will overcome.

rilakuma
Newly Registered

Post by rilakuma » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:37 pm

Thanks for the words of encouragement, it means a lot to me.
@majojo = my story is complicated, came here as a student last 2009 and at the last quarter of the year 2012 I met my partner. My plan was to go back to my country after my visa runs out (december2012) then migrate to Canada. But at the last minute we change our mind and decided to have a civil partnership. Since it was sudden, our application was 14 days behind my visa expiration hence we fall on the category of flr o. We took the risk because we are somehow hopeful that they'll review the case properly. We have all the requirements that they needed and even though its hard to relocate and get settled within a short span of time, we managed to do it. Last September 16 we sent a letter to our local MP to help us inquire about the status of our application. We received a letter from the MP 27th of September but it was dated 19th of September that our application is under a senior case worker. I received an email last September 30 from the barrister we hired that our application was refused and I do not have the right to appeal. Received my documents except my passport 1st of October. We hired another soliscitor and met them yesterday. The case worker even added this statement "your relationship with your British partner is genuine and subsisting." But then your relationship can be continued outside UK. As much as we would like to relocate., we cant. My country doesn't recognise civil partnerships and there won't be any law that could protect us as a couple. She can't apply a visa as my partner cause there is no law for that.
Its like they are suggesting to their fellow British citizen to get out of her own country. And its so ironic cause her job is related to this country's defense system.
Oh well, guess we just have to wait if the Home Office will be gracious enough to review the case again or just ignore us then we'll just see them in court.

Sweetypie

Post by Sweetypie » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:19 pm

rilakuma wrote:Thanks for the words of encouragement, it means a lot to me.
@majojo = my story is complicated, came here as a student last 2009 and at the last quarter of the year 2012 I met my partner. My plan was to go back to my country after my visa runs out (december2012) then migrate to Canada. But at the last minute we change our mind and decided to have a civil partnership. Since it was sudden, our application was 14 days behind my visa expiration hence we fall on the category of flr o. We took the risk because we are somehow hopeful that they'll review the case properly. We have all the requirements that they needed and even though its hard to relocate and get settled within a short span of time, we managed to do it. Last September 16 we sent a letter to our local MP to help us inquire about the status of our application. We received a letter from the MP 27th of September but it was dated 19th of September that our application is under a senior case worker. I received an email last September 30 from the barrister we hired that our application was refused and I do not have the right to appeal. Received my documents except my passport 1st of October. We hired another soliscitor and met them yesterday. The case worker even added this statement "your relationship with your British partner is genuine and subsisting." But then your relationship can be continued outside UK. As much as we would like to relocate., we cant. My country doesn't recognise civil partnerships and there won't be any law that could protect us as a couple. She can't apply a visa as my partner cause there is no law for that.
Its like they are suggesting to their fellow British citizen to get out of her own country. And its so ironic cause her job is related to this country's defense system.
Oh well, guess we just have to wait if the Home Office will be gracious enough to review the case again or just ignore us then we'll just see them in court.
Hello Rilakuma
My heart goes out to you. I can almost certainly guarantee that with human right complications like your you will win . Relax and take it in your stride. Thie biggest frustration is the money. And dont worry about that propaganda "go back home" rhetoric. Its a weapon of words to frighten you. You will be fine, incompetant case workers...
The judge who ruled in my favour also mentioned that it was in bad taste for the caseworker to write go back home and take my adult sister then 21 and establish family life without the rest of our family. You will be fine friend
FLR O Extension applied: 21 Sep 2013
Acknowledgment Letter dated: 24 Sep 2013
Biometrics: 1 Oct 2013 letter, done: 4 Oct 2013
Decision: 12 October granted DLR until Oct 2016
Documents: Received 17 October 2013
BRP: 23 October

majojo

Post by majojo » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:35 pm

Wooow. This is crazy man then I think I will be refused as well. Cos even mine we provided just 3ontha of pay slips which is above 1500 but only if you combine my salary and hers. I was also on tier4 which was to expire in 2023 jan so whin the las 4 months I had a full time temp job and my partner ALSo had ajob but we could work for more ban 6 months as if I did I'll be an illegal immigrant so I used just 3 months and payslips added her and also her doctors report for he last 5 years staying that she had a surgery n is at risk of having eptopic pregnancy so should she get pregnant she should come see the doctors I added all those hings n my 3 passports filled with uk n American visas but from the looks I hings I do t thing there's gong to be any hope I have been waiting my mp got back to me with a letter for. Home office saying ill get a decesion end of September we now in October . Bro you will be fine trust me your case should be fine

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:58 pm

Sorry to hear about your refusal hun. How comes you submitting your application 15 days after your visa expired mattered ?
I thought Home Office say they will disregard any overstay of 28 days or under... confused..
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

SDP

Post by SDP » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:33 pm

Hi everyone
I just need an advice , I have few Bank credit card payment due upto 10,000 pounds, there is no way I can repay them as I am leaving the country since HO refused stay , shd I file for bankruptcy or just fly back to my country without notifying my bank ?
I did ask my solicitor he just asked me ignore...but it's worrying me I don't want this ppl at my back..

Sweetypie

Post by Sweetypie » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:02 pm

SDP wrote:Hi everyone
I just need an advice , I have few Bank credit card payment due upto 10,000 pounds, there is no way I can repay them as I am leaving the country since HO refused stay , shd I file for bankruptcy or just fly back to my country without notifying my bank ?
I did ask my solicitor he just asked me ignore...but it's worrying me I don't want this ppl at my back..
Don't file for bankruptcy. It's better to have outstanding Loans. It might affect you in future plans. Listen to your solicitor
Also do you really want to leave the country? Refusal is frustrating... But things eventually get better. Think about it my friend

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:59 am

ale001 wrote:
GodGives wrote:
Keisha wrote:Hello Guys and Dolls...*waves*

@Dapsonlee&Verbina..Hope all is well by God's grace!
@Godgives..How's the going?

Is anyone in similar or same situation where your over 25 yrs and overstayer.There's no partner or kids,but family is here!Would like to hear if had any challenges coming from the HO.Thanks

Let's trust in God that He will make a way where there's no way!

Have a good day!
@keisha am doing well. Hope u are doing good too. I have no partner or kids applied as an individual
Hi Godgives, how're u doing? Any news yet? Still waiting too.. I've decided to be patient as advised, even though my application is now 1 year and 6 month. I pray we all get good news soon.
Good morning all
Am doing good thanks Ale.
May this weekend running into next week bring us favour and joy. Enjoy Ur weekend guys
Godgives

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:20 am

Good morning all! Shout out to Hatchsead,SDP,Verbina,Believe2013,Yummymummy,Dapsonlee,Godgives,Keisha,CrystalNewbie,Sweetypie,Shondra and those new to the forum. Apologies if I have left anyone out. I hope I find you all in good health and the Lord's light shine on you all.

Good luck to those awaiting their decision and to those who have been refused, hang on in there and keep the faith.

Haven't been on the forum lately. Things have been a bit grim recently( survival wise) but God has given me the strength to carry on and he has provided.

Anyway, came across this on the net. It just gives an insight of the Home Office presenting officer training and just might be of interest to some people.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-436337

Have a great day!

Sweetypie

Post by Sweetypie » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:12 am

nilemarques wrote:Good morning all! Shout out to Hatchsead,SDP,Verbina,Believe2013,Yummymummy,Dapsonlee,Godgives,Keisha,CrystalNewbie,Sweetypie,Shondra and those new to the forum. Apologies if I have left anyone out. I hope I find you all in good health and the Lord's light shine on you all.

Good luck to those awaiting their decision and to those who have been refused, hang on in there and keep the faith.

Haven't been on the forum lately. Things have been a bit grim recently( survival wise) but God has given me the strength to carry on and he has provided.

Anyway, came across this on the net. It just gives an insight of the Home Office presenting officer training and just might be of interest to some people.

Have a great day!

Thanks Nilemarques :)
I recieved my biometric invitation yesterday. Was so nervous I wanst sure what it was as you never know with the HO. anyway I went and enrolled today. Yippee
Now the waiting begins

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:18 am

nilemarques wrote:Good morning all! Shout out to Hatchsead,SDP,Verbina,Believe2013,Yummymummy,Dapsonlee,Godgives,Keisha,CrystalNewbie,Sweetypie,Shondra and those new to the forum. Apologies if I have left anyone out. I hope I find you all in good health and the Lord's light shine on you all.

Have a great day!
Hey hun! Havent seen you here for a while. Im happy to hear things have improved for you survival-wise with God's help...

OMG the link you sent is scary!! I read through 'best interests of a child' and basically they can refuse whoever they feel like, even when family court orders are in place.... Not good :((

Oh well we are all in God's hands after all...

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:08 pm

@Verbina, @hatchsead and everyone else waiting..

I have been going crazy so finally got through to the H/O and spoke to a gentleman who kindly checked my information after I went on and on about my grounds of application as he had asked.
He did ask for my reference number and a few clicks later he says that my application is being looked at so should wait to hear from H/O. I did ask if its just sat on a shelf in a pile somewhere to which he replied no someone is apparently looking at it.

It feels better to know that its actually been looked at and not in a pile of dust. So the question is how long does it take from the case worker looking through it to arriving at my door step? Please dont say sooon coz soon is never enough hahahhahahaha.

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:18 pm

verbina wrote:

Have a great day!
Hey hun! Havent seen you here for a while. Im happy to hear things have improved for you survival-wise with God's help...

OMG the link you sent is scary!! I read through 'best interests of a child' and basically they can refuse whoever they feel like, even when family court orders are in place.... Not good :((

Welcome back to the forum @nilemarques...its been quiet..hoping for some good news today.....good day everyone

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:41 pm

rina wrote:@Verbina, @hatchsead and everyone else waiting..

I have been going crazy so finally got through to the H/O and spoke to a gentleman who kindly checked my information after I went on and on about my grounds of application as he had asked.
He did ask for my reference number and a few clicks later he says that my application is being looked at so should wait to hear from H/O. I did ask if its just sat on a shelf in a pile somewhere to which he replied no someone is apparently looking at it.

It feels better to know that its actually been looked at and not in a pile of dust. So the question is how long does it take from the case worker looking through it to arriving at my door step? Please dont say sooon coz soon is never enough hahahhahahaha.
Oh babe its really good news!! At least its there and not lost!! So hopefully someone is REALLY looking at it and you will hear your news soon. But sorry, I dont think anyone will be able to tell you when exactly :((

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:53 pm

CrystalNewbie wrote:
verbina wrote:

Have a great day!

Welcome back to the forum @nilemarques...its been quiet..hoping for some good news today.....good day everyone
The link is quite scary especially on the children and how they consider the best interest of the child....i think to them only illness of a child can be considered...everything else is dependent on God's will.....I am starting to think that they brought out the seven year rule just to bring out over stayers and know where they are.....otherwise I doubt if they had any intention of following it through......Maybe I am just being pessimistic....

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:56 pm

verbina wrote:

Oh babe its really good news!! At least its there and not lost!! So hopefully someone is REALLY looking at it and you will hear your news soon. But sorry, I dont think anyone will be able to tell you when exactly :((

@Verbina you really make me laugh lollllll... I know hun

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:07 pm

CrystalNewbie wrote:
CrystalNewbie wrote:
verbina wrote:

Have a great day!

The link is quite scary especially on the children and how they consider the best interest of the child....i think to them only illness of a child can be considered...everything else is dependent on God's will.....I am starting to think that they brought out the seven year rule just to bring out over stayers and know where they are.....otherwise I doubt if they had any intention of following it through......Maybe I am just being pessimistic....
I totally agree with you, i think the 7 year rule was used as a ploy to get overstayers in hiding to come forth and get tagged using the biometrics.
Its calculated wickedness but either they like it or not, we will all drink and eat of the milk and honey of this land. It is well
A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:27 pm

[quote="Sweetypie"][quote="nilemarques"]Good morning all! Shout out to Hatchsead,SDP,Verbina,Believe2013,Yummymummy,Dapsonlee,Godgives,Keisha,CrystalNewbie,Sweetypie,Shondra and those new to the forum. Apologies if I have left anyone out. I hope I find you all in good health and the Lord's light shine on you all.

Have a great day![/quote]

Thanks Nilemarques :)
I recieved my biometric invitation yesterday. Was so nervous I wanst sure what it was as you never know with the HO. anyway I went and enrolled today. Yippee
Now the waiting begins[/quote]
Hi Sweetypie, at least that's a bit of progress! Lol! I think the HO are generally making decisions a lot quicker as far as I've seen. I don't think you'll have to wait as long as those who applied in 2012. It is well!

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:33 pm

[quote="verbina"][quote="nilemarques"]Good morning all! Shout out to Hatchsead,SDP,Verbina,Believe2013,Yummymummy,Dapsonlee,Godgives,Keisha,CrystalNewbie,Sweetypie,Shondra and those new to the forum. Apologies if I have left anyone out. I hope I find you all in good health and the Lord's light shine on you all.

Oh well we are all in God's hands after all...[/quote]
Hey Verbina!! Glad to be back! I think you are absolutely right. They have the pleasure of destroying people's lives. I think they will get their comeuppance. I think the HO recruits staff from the same place parking wardens are recruited! Lol!!

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:42 pm

[quote="CrystalNewbie"][quote="verbina"][quote="nilemarques"]Good morning all! Shout out to Hatchsead,SDP,Verbina,Believe2013,Yummymummy,Dapsonlee,Godgives,Keisha,CrystalNewbie,Sweetypie,Shondra and those new to the forum. Apologies if I have left anyone out. I hope I find you all in good health and the Lord's light shine on you all.

Welcome back to the forum @nilemarques...its been quiet..hoping for some good news today.....good day everyone[/quote]

Thanks CrystalNewbie. It's good to be back. I'm sure good news is on the way no matter how long it takes. Hang in there!!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:47 pm

rina wrote:
verbina wrote:

@Verbina you really make me laugh lollllll... I know hun
Argghhhh!!!! I had this really big mirror and now it fell and smashed into gazillion little pieces :oops:
I dont want to have another 7 years of bad luck!!!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:54 pm

nilemarques wrote:
verbina wrote:

Have a great day!

Hey Verbina!! Glad to be back! I think you are absolutely right. They have the pleasure of destroying people's lives. I think they will get their comeuppance. I think the HO recruits staff from the same place parking wardens are recruited! Lol!!
Yep! I personally believe they actually breed them in some special place, not only recruit them...
Like on some isolated island they breed those evil caseworkers, traffic wardens , social workers... No way such species will ever be born in a normal world... :P

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:54 pm

[quote="CrystalNewbie"][quote="CrystalNewbie"][quote="verbina"][quote="nilemarques"]Good morning all! Shout out to Hatchsead,SDP,Verbina,Believe2013,Yummymummy,Dapsonlee,Godgives,Keisha,CrystalNewbie,Sweetypie,Shondra and those new to the forum. Apologies if I have left anyone out. I hope I find you all in good health and the Lord's light shine on you all.

Welcome back to the forum @nilemarques...its been quiet..hoping for some good news today.....good day everyone[/quote]

The link is quite scary especially on the children and how they consider the best interest of the child....i think to them only illness of a child can be considered...everything else is dependent on God's will.....I am starting to think that they brought out the seven year rule just to bring out over stayers and know where they are.....otherwise I doubt if they had any intention of following it through......Maybe I am just being pessimistic....[/quote]

I know CrystalNewbie!! It's like watching a horror rubbish! Lol! I suppose the courts are the only option for justice. Maybe they will interpret the rules and the law as it should be.
Last edited by nilemarques on Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:59 pm

[quote="verbina"][quote="nilemarques"][quote="verbina"][quote="nilemarques"]Good morning all! Shout out to Hatchsead,SDP,Verbina,Believe2013,Yummymummy,Dapsonlee,Godgives,Keisha,CrystalNewbie,Sweetypie,Shondra and those new to the forum. Apologies if I have left anyone out. I hope I find you all in good health and the Lord's light shine on you all.

Hey Verbina!! Glad to be back! I think you are absolutely right. They have the pleasure of destroying people's lives. I think they will get their comeuppance. I think the HO recruits staff from the same place parking wardens are recruited! Lol!![/quote]

Yep! I personally believe they actually breed them in some special place, not only recruit them...
Like on some isolated island they breed those evil caseworkers, traffic wardens , social workers... No way such species will ever be born in a normal world... :P[/quote]
Lol! Verbina you crack me up!! Lol!! :lol: that's why I'm so glad to be back!

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:09 pm

[quote="hatchsead"][quote="CrystalNewbie"][quote="CrystalNewbie"][quote="verbina"][quote="nilemarques"]Good morning all! Shout out to Hatchsead,SDP,Verbina,Believe2013,Yummymummy,Dapsonlee,Godgives,Keisha,CrystalNewbie,Sweetypie,Shondra and those new to the forum. Apologies if I have left anyone out. I hope I find you all in good health and the Lord's light shine on you all.

The link is quite scary especially on the children and how they consider the best interest of the child....i think to them only illness of a child can be considered...everything else is dependent on God's will.....I am starting to think that they brought out the seven year rule just to bring out over stayers and know where they are.....otherwise I doubt if they had any intention of following it through......Maybe I am just being pessimistic....[/quote]

I totally agree with you, i think the 7 year rule was used as a ploy to get overstayers in hiding to come forth and get tagged using the biometrics.
Its calculated wickedness but either they like it or not, we will all drink and eat of the milk and honey of this land. It is well[/quote]

Hear! Hear Hatchsead!! Well said!!