ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First passport application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Wed May 16, 2007 2:23 am

Marco 72 wrote:I have called the passport advice line about this. Someone said that 3A should not include foreign passports, and that the "place of issue" of the certificate is where I had the citizenship ceremony.
United Kingdom registration and naturalisation certificates are issued by the Home Office in London. But it is possible to be a British citizen and have a certificate issued elsewhere. For example, (British citizenship) certificates since 1983 may also be issued by the governments of the Isle of Man, Jersey, Guernsey and Gibraltar, by the former colonial government in Hong Kong (1983-97) and by the British Consulate General in Hong Kong (post 1997).

There are also all the pre-1983 certificates issued by colonial and protectorate governments, Dominion governments (pre-1949) and British High Commissioners (who had registration authority under the 1948 Act).

AlexCh

Post by AlexCh » Wed May 16, 2007 11:56 am

Christophe wrote:Asking seems a good option. Alternatively, you could put in the details, with a note of the nationality of the passport, and they can ignore them or not as they choose.
I applied for my first British passport in person and asked if I had to include my foreign passports with the application form - the answer was "Yes" and they asked me to provide the numbers of all my known passports (even the expired ones) on the form.

music
Newly Registered

Post by music » Thu May 17, 2007 10:43 am

Marco72 : dont forget to up date when you come back ,how long do you spend in the passport office, thanks.

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Thu May 17, 2007 11:33 am

Thanks to all who replied. I had to cancel the appointment, since when I went to the doctor on Tuesday evening to get my application countersigned I noticed that my pictures had got smudged and I couldn't use them any more. I am going to see the doctor tonight and will schedule another appointment next week, if there is one available.

music
Newly Registered

Post by music » Thu May 17, 2007 1:50 pm

I WILL UPDATE WHEN I COME BACK NEXT WEEK :o

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Fri May 25, 2007 1:14 pm

I had my appointment with the London passport office last night. I was about 45 minutes early, and despite what it said on the letter they were able to see me early. There was hardly anyone in the building, and it took them less than five minutes to call me. The process itself took 5-10 minutes. I was told it would take longer than a week, because of the bank holiday and the large number of applications they have received. If I don't receive my passport by Friday next week I'll demand a refund.

music
Newly Registered

Post by music » Fri May 25, 2007 7:55 pm

Marco 72 wrote:I had my appointment with the London passport office last night. I was about 45 minutes early, and despite what it said on the letter they were able to see me early. There was hardly anyone in the building, and it took them less than five minutes to call me. The process itself took 5-10 minutes. I was told it would take longer than a week, because of the bank holiday and the large number of applications they have received. If I don't receive my passport by Friday next week I'll dem and a refund.
You are quicker than me . i went to london passport office today about 45 people in my round but not too long to wait about 20 mins .I was told i ll get it by 1 st June.

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Wed May 30, 2007 12:32 pm

I just got my supporting documents back from the Home Office (old passport and naturalisation certificate) and they were sent by second class post, even though I paid for secure delivery. Is there a way I can get a refund from the IPS?

music
Newly Registered

Post by music » Wed May 30, 2007 12:53 pm

Marco 72 wrote:I just got my supporting documents back from the Home Office (old passport and naturalisation certificate) and they were sent by second class post, even though I paid for secure delivery. Is there a way I can get a refund from the IPS?
I THINK YOU MEAN YOU GOT YOUR SUPPORTING DOCS BACK FROM PASSPORT OFFICE , RIGHT ?

WHAT REFUND ARE YOU ASKING FROM IPS : THE SECURE DELIVERY 3 POUNDS OF YOUR DOCS , i PAID THAT TOO i WOULD SUGGEST YOU WAIT TILL YOU GET YOUR PASSPORT AND SEE IF THAT IS GOING TO DELAYS AS WELL . THEY LL ONLY REFUND THE DIFFENCE.
i HAVE NOT GOT ANY THING BACK TO ME YET.
FROM OTHER PEOPLES POST HERE i THINK YOU LL GET YOUR NEW PAAPORT TOMORROW , THEY GOT THEIR OLD ONE THE DAY BEFORE.
GOOD LUCK

music
Newly Registered

Post by music » Thu May 31, 2007 3:32 pm

Have you got your new passport yet .Marco. I didnot receive any thing apart from the normal royal post .

tatenda
Newly Registered

Post by tatenda » Thu May 31, 2007 6:30 pm

Dear All,

I hope you can help me with my enquiry.My young sister went to the post office to try and apply for her passport after naturalisation today via check and send. She was informed that because she was born in 1983 she needs to submit her birth certificate as well showing the details of her parents? We found this rather strange for i would have thought as both parents are not British and she has been natuaralised this would not need to be verified. We called the helpline and the advisor was rather confused saying they need to check parents details. Why ???? Told to come back with a BC . My brother sent of for his last month and he was born in 1986 and no BC was requested. Is this correct ? Please advise. Thanks

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Thu May 31, 2007 7:16 pm

music wrote:Have you got your new passport yet .Marco. I didnot receive any thing apart from the normal royal post .
Nope, didn't receive anything. I was told that I can apply for a refund at the finance department of the passport office I used. By the way, I made a mistake earlier: I got the documents back by first, not second class post.

music
Newly Registered

Post by music » Thu May 31, 2007 9:09 pm

Marco 72 wrote:
music wrote:Have you got your new passport yet .Marco. I didnot receive any thing apart from the normal royal post .
Nope, didn't receive anything. I was told that I can apply for a refund at the finance department of the passport office I used. By the way, I made a mistake earlier: I got the documents back by first, not second class post.
THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW . HOPE WE CAN GET THE PASSPORT SOON.
CHEERS.

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:46 am

I just called the passport office. They made wait for ages and I finally spoke to a guy who claimed they had tried to deliver my passport on 31 May, but no one was in. Actually my wife was at home all day and no one tried to deliver anything. They also claim a letter was sent out on 1 June, but I haven't received it. Is there any way I can get a refund for late delivery, or is it just my word against theirs?

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:24 am

Marco 72 wrote:I just called the passport office. They made wait for ages and I finally spoke to a guy who claimed they had tried to deliver my passport on 31 May, but no one was in. Actually my wife was at home all day and no one tried to deliver anything. They also claim a letter was sent out on 1 June, but I haven't received it. Is there any way I can get a refund for late delivery, or is it just my word against theirs?
Funny question perhaps, but: are you sure they've got your correct address in their system? (I know that they ought to, but is it worth checking?)

music
Newly Registered

Post by music » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:31 am

Hi, Marco

I am still waiting even my old passport still haven't back to me yet ,I have just send a online tracking form i ll be away middle of June,here is the form you can fill in to apply refund .
I am not able to put the link for applying a rufund , but if you go to IPS website and serch rufund you ll find a form to fill in .
Good luck

passport.gov.u( slash) fees_refund.asp

tdpff3

Post by tdpff3 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:34 pm

When mine came after 9 days, I requested over the phone to send me a refund form, filled it in, received an apology letter followed by a refund cheque of 25 pound

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:39 pm

Christophe wrote:Funny question perhaps, but: are you sure they've got your correct address in their system? (I know that they ought to, but is it worth checking?)
Good question. I tried to chase them up about it, but the minion I spoke to didn't want to let me speak to someone who knew the delivery details. He told me to wait a couple of days, then call back.

Thanks, music and tdpff3. I'll send in the refund form after I get the passport. By the way, did anyone else get their documents back by regular post, after paying for special delivery?

tdpff3

Post by tdpff3 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:54 pm

did anyone else get their documents back by regular post, after paying for special delivery?
My supporting documents and BC passport all came with courier service. The specially delivery charges went astray. Acqually they should have sebt 28 pound refund. It did not bother asking further refund. As previously posted, in my case they acknowledged the mistake of my application not receiving attention.

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:14 pm

I finally got my passport today. I have a feeling that if I hadn't called yesterday I would still be waiting for it.

music
Newly Registered

Post by music » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:28 pm

Marco 72 wrote:I finally got my passport today. I have a feeling that if I hadn't called yesterday I would still be waiting for it.
Congratulations . you can relax now.

I got message from london passport office and they said Ill get it in 3 days . can you tell me what time and what kind of delivery and wheather need to sign,ect? I dont think I will not have more questions to ask :D , I have to out for an hour tommorrow, so . :lol:

Many thank.

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:14 pm

The passport was delivered around 2pm today, but they may deliver it to you at a different time. I wasn't there but my wife signed for me. The guy wanted to see my ID. Incidentally, the envelope was postmarked 05 June and had no previous stamps, so the guy I spoke to yesterday must have been lying his head off when he told me they had attempted delivery on 31 May.

music
Newly Registered

Post by music » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:14 am

Thanks Marco,
I got mine this morning by security delivery, both passports are in the same envelope and the date on the envelope is toady’s date. I can go out and play now :lol:

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:38 pm

Glad you got it too, Music! :) Don't forget to apply for the refund. I sent my form this morning.

By the way, does anyone know if I still need to send in my naturalisation certificate when applying for a new passport, or will the old one suffice as proof of nationality?

music
Newly Registered

Post by music » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:32 pm

[quote="Marco 72"]Glad you got it too, Music! :) Don't forget to apply for the refund. I sent my form this morning.

By the way, does anyone know if I still need to send in my naturalisation certificate when applying for a new passport, or will the old one suffice as proof of nationality?[/quo

Thanks for your reminding, I am fill the form now, but but where to send, I could not find their address, help please.

I can answer your question , its found on the IPS website when you renew your new passport.all you need are

completed application form
your current passport or the last passport you used
two identical passport photos, one certified if necessary
payment.