ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application Procedure based on 7 year Child Rule

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rsjjrsjj
Newly Registered

Application Procedure based on 7 year Child Rule

Post by rsjjrsjj » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:53 pm

Dear Board Members.

May i request for your help in guiding me on the following matter.

1. I entered UK in Jan 2006 as a PhD student, my family (wife and daughter who was about 1 year old then) joined me in UK towards end of Feb 2006 on student dependant visa.

2. I completed my Phd in April 2010 and shifted to PSW (PBS) in May 2010 within UK. My wife and daughter also got new visas with me as PSW dependants.

3. My wife completed her Masters from UK and we came to Pakistan to get her PSW visa stamped. She got her PSW in March 2012. Myself and my daughter became her dependants. My daughter and my wife went back to UK in Mar 2012 while i got a job in Pakistan and stayed back.

4. Currently my wife is in full time work at a reputed university in UK. My wife and my daughter have completed 7 years in UK (they have not been outside for UK for more than 6 months). I intend to apply for extension in their stay when i visit them in Feb 14 (by that time they would have completed 8 years in UK).

5. My intention is to apply for extension based on 7 years child rule.

Can the worth board members please help in answering the following.

a. Is the 7 year child rule valid (given that by the time we apply they would have completed 8 years in UK)

b. I understand that we have ti use FLR(O) for the application. But which category do we tick on FLR(O)

c. WHo would be main applicant for the application. (Currently my wife is main visa holders PSW and myself and my daughter are her dependants).

d. Is there a requirement to pass the life in Uk test before i apply for them.

e. What are the documents (other than those listed in FLR(O) ) which i should prepare before hand (I intend to apply in Feb next year).

I thank you all in advance for all the help you can provide.