ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant under Tier1(G) now applying for ILR separately

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

whybi
Newly Registered

Dependant under Tier1(G) now applying for ILR separately

Post by whybi » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:59 pm

Hi,

I would really appreciate if you could help me on my situation.

1. I and my wife have been living in UK for over 5 years under Tier 1(G)
2. the visa runs out on the 14 Oct 2013
3. Appointment is booked for 7 Oct 2013 at PEO for SET(O) application
4. I passed the Life in UK test but my wife did not make it today
5. My wife booked another test on 11 Oct
6. I am planning to go ahead for an appointment on 7 Oct and apply the ILR for myself only as my wife doesn't have the LIUK test certificate

In the above situation what would be the best options I've got.

My questions are:

A. If I'm really lucky I may get a decision on the 7 Oct for my ILR and get a biometric before my wife's visa runs out, then should my wife separately apply for her ILR in post by 14 Oct? In this case, does she still use SET (O) form or else?

B. If I don't get a biometric in time, then I understand my wife should leave the country to avoid being over stayer. In that case, can my wife apply for her ILR from oversea, and if she can, which form should she use? Is there any implication I need to know in such case?

I would really appreciate your help on the above.

We're very disappointed at the results because my wife lived here long enough to speak/understand good english as well as understanding very well of the value of this country, plus studied pretty hard for the test, she's got just too nervous when she took the test...

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:09 pm

If your wife doesn't qualify for ILR, then she may extend her leave as a PBS dependant before her leave expires.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

whybi
Newly Registered

Post by whybi » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:14 pm

Thank vinny for the quick response.

But if I get a ILR and get a biometric before her visa expires and she passes the LIUK test, then which form should she use to apply for her ILR? Can this be done outside UK?

whybi
Newly Registered

Post by whybi » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:58 am

Could please anyone help me on the above? Thanks,

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:51 am

SET(O) is the correct form for ILR of a PBS dependant. She has to be in the UK to apply.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

whybi
Newly Registered

Post by whybi » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:26 am

Hi Vinny

Thank you very much for your prompt advise. Really do appreciate it. I initially thought I should use the SET (M) in such case, but now reading your comment and the form again, SET (O) appears to be correct form to use. Thanks,

Kind regards