ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 2_REJECTED_GROUNDS_ARE_SOC CODE

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

teja2013
Newly Registered

TIER 2_REJECTED_GROUNDS_ARE_SOC CODE

Post by teja2013 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:30 pm

Hi,

I've applied for a tier 2 via solicitor, just got a call from him saying that the visa was rejected because the soc code in the cos corresponds to only a NQF level 4 qualification, whereas what i need is a soc code for NQF L6.
30 points were not awarded due to that.

Now, my visa is expired in sep 27 already and my employer is trying to make a new application, attaching a letter explaining that its an administrative error. I am i still consider legal at the time of this writing.
what time window do i have to reapply. please help.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:05 am

you can re-apply within 28 days of the refusal with a new CoS

teja2013
Newly Registered

Post by teja2013 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:38 pm

Thanks for the reply. fingers crossed really, my documents are with U.K.B.A and I am sending a new application by the 7th. Would this application be considered late, or I spoke to U.K.B.A adviser over the phone and he said,
"we dont stop you from making an application but technically your visa due date is over and you should be applying from your home country"
He didn't want to mention about the 28 days time probz..???!!!

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:40 pm

overstaying uop to 28 days is disregarded but you must have a new CoS and if the application is refused you wll not get appeal rights.