ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent from inside UK - URGENT

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nitinmittal13
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier 1 Dependent from inside UK - URGENT

Post by nitinmittal13 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:46 pm

Hi All

Me and my wife, both of us are living together in UK since our marriage but on different visa categories. My wife is currently in UK on tier-2 ICT visa sponsored by her company and I am in UK on Tier 1 (General) visa. I want to change her visa category to Tier-1 Dependent visa and thinking of applying from inside. I've got few issues with the documentation I am preparing. Can someone please advice?

1. Marriage Certificate : In the marriage certificate her's last name is same as mine, whereas all the utilities bills, council tax statement, her passport and visa has her's maiden name. Can this cause any issues?

2. Bank Statement : Can I only show bank account on her name for maintenance funds? We too have a joint account but there is no enough balance in it.

3. Council Tax Statement : ln last 2 years we lived in 3 properties and one of council tax statement for the property where we lived for 8 months has only her name on the account. Is this going to cause any problem.

Apart from these documents, I am going to provide following documents

4. Marriage Photos
5. Scanned copy of wedding invitation card (Don't have original card now)
6. My BRP (Do I need to give copy of it or original one)
7. My Passport (Again do I need to send original or the copy of it is sufficient?)
8. Her Passport.

Do I need to provide anything else as I am thinking of applying from inside? Can someone please advise urgently?

Many thanks
Nitin

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:19 pm

1. Marriage Certificate: You can explain this in a covering letter. For more peace of mind, maybe worth getting a letter from a solicitor confirming the same.

2. Bank Statement: Yes, only her bank account is fine.

3. Along with Council tax stmts, you can also provide, other documents for proving cohabitation, such as #
- gas and elec bills,
- bank statements of both of you proving that you have lived in the same residence.
- Letters addressed to both of you bearing the same address.

It is enough to submit copies of your passport and brp at the time of her application.
All other documentation look fine.

karg_g

Post by karg_g » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:07 pm

Hi

If she is going to be your dependent all you need is maintenance requirement. Rest all docs are not mandatory. In Mid march I have extended T1 dependent visa for my wife & baby. I sent:

1) My personal bank statement
2) Marriage certificate
3) Baby birth certificate
4) My BRP card photocopy plus extension approval letter

Good luck
I try to give honest answers, however I might be wrong, kindly always check with your solicitor/accountant for final confirmation

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:27 pm

karg_g wrote:Hi

If she is going to be your dependent all you need is maintenance requirement. Rest all docs are not mandatory. In Mid march I have extended T1 dependent visa for my wife & baby. I sent:

1) My personal bank statement
2) Marriage certificate
3) Baby birth certificate
4) My BRP card photocopy plus extension approval letter

Good luck
Extension of dependent visa is different from in-country switching / applying for a dependent visa. Apart from maintenance funds, here it is also a requirement to prove that the marriage was legit and to submit proof of co-habitation.

See points (d) and (e) in para 319C.

nitinmittal13
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by nitinmittal13 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:54 pm

Hi All

Thanks O_Relly for your reply. Here are my updates. I got tier 1 dependent approved my wife from inside UK. Took all the above mentioned documents to Croydon PEO.

Regarding name differences, explained in cover letter - took some additional proofs and got affidavit from solicitor (Person X is same as Person Y)
O_Relly wrote:1. Marriage Certificate: You can explain this in a covering letter. For more peace of mind, maybe worth getting a letter from a solicitor confirming the same.

2. Bank Statement: Yes, only her bank account is fine.

3. Along with Council tax stmts, you can also provide, other documents for proving cohabitation, such as #
- gas and elec bills,
- bank statements of both of you proving that you have lived in the same residence.
- Letters addressed to both of you bearing the same address.

It is enough to submit copies of your passport and brp at the time of her application.
All other documentation look fine.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:05 pm

Congrats Nitin. Cheers.