ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CanuckinEd
Newly Registered

Post by CanuckinEd » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:13 pm

Hi all, I've been reading this board to find out your timelines so I thought I would repay the favour. I'm a Canadian who married a Dutch national earlier this year. I've been living in the UK on a Tier 2 work visa for several years now. I received my EEA2 in the mail today! I had sent a reply envelope, but they ignored it and sent both the passports and RC back via Signed For delivery.

Application sent: 19/07/13 (Friday)
HO received: 22/07/13
Fee deducted: 24/07/13
Letter acknowledging application: 26/07/13 (dated 23/07/13)
COA received (with right to work): 02/08/13 (dated 30/07/13)
Passport requested back: 02/09/13
Passports received: 21/09/13 (dated 19/09/13)
RC received: 04/10/13 (dated 27/09/13)

jamesadewale200

Post by jamesadewale200 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:59 pm

@canuckined pls did you receive ur rc in a a4 status document or its came as an identity card,want to find out if ukba have stopped issuing paper rc

CanuckinEd
Newly Registered

Post by CanuckinEd » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:02 pm

It's on an A4 sheet of paper.

jamesadewale200

Post by jamesadewale200 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:19 pm

Thanks but is it foldable

thewhittaker
Newly Registered

Post by thewhittaker » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:28 pm

EEA2 (Surinder Singh) sent: 22 Jul 2013
 Received by HO: 23 Jul 2013 
Payment deducted: 24 Jul 2013 
COA (with rights to work): 4 Aug 2013 (dated 31 Jul 2013) 
RC - 4 Oct 2013 (dated 23 Sept)

Wondering if we travel abroad and not being in the country for more than 6 months, will I get back to UK using the RC.

Any reason RC can be revoked/voided?

Thanks

axeman85
Ghana

Post by axeman85 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:38 pm

HELLO guys i am new on here and so fa been impressed on the information and replies on here. i was actually on here this morning when i received my COA.

I came to uk as eea dependant under 21 from Nigeria in 2005 as dependant of stepmum who is german and eercising treaty rights in uk.

afta the initial expiration of the 2years we were given anoda 1year as my dad is also in the uk.

after the epiration of the 1year, we were then given the 5years during this time i went to college for Alevels and finished and also went to uni paid for by SFU me and my sister who finished 1st class from university. i graduated in 2010 and sis in 2011/2012

stepmum gone back to germany BUT dad is still in the uk and now has hos own german passport since 2011 however he has been living in uk since 2001 and living in germany for a long time and entitled to german passport since BUT refused to collect it till now 2011.

now 5years has expired on the 3/10/13 and we have now applied as over 21 years dependant of my dad since he now has his german passport. . via EEA2

submitted this time around
(her is sister)
1. Original German passport of dad
2. Academic performance of her
3. dad is also a pensioner obtaining his state pension
4. 3months payslips
5. 3months bank statement
6. Proof of pension from HMRC United kingdom
7. Letter from dad to show he is the father of me and her
8. Original Nigerian passport for me
9. Original Nigerian passport for sister
10. 2 passport sized photographs of dad
11. 2 passport sized photographs of My sister
12. 2 passport sized photographs of Me
13. Birth certificate of Me (photocopy tho with a letter as the original was lost by royal mail and used a photocopy as well last time we were given 5years)
14. Birth certificate of My sister
15. Academic performance for me

and enclosed postal order for £110 for both of us.

These are my timelines so far.
APPLICATION SENT 25/09/2013
APPLICATION RECEIVED BY HO : 27/09/2013
PAYMENT CONFIRMATION RECEIVED (4/10/13
COA RECEIVED ( 5/10/13) DATED 2/10/13
RC: PENDING.

i PRAY FOR A MIRACLE AND HOPE TO GET IT IN RECORD TIME PREFERRABLY 4-5WEEKS AS I INTEND TRAVELING URGENTLY.

also we did the application ourselves but filled in by my dad as he is the eea national

wb00
Newly Registered

Post by wb00 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:46 pm

bigsale wrote:
Jambo wrote:
bigsale wrote:
wb00 wrote:Hi bigsale,

First of all, thank you for your replies.
We do have most of the documents they requested and we do have a strong case. The thing is, this job I got is really good and it would not come by easily again, so I am really worried.
I am not sure which alternative is the best. I am thinking of providing all the documentation of her self employment and send them for reconsideration instead of reapplying or appealing, which would cost us money and time (none which we have). If a reconsideration is hard to get and my employer is eager to wait (which I will find out tomorrow, as I don't know wether my employment check with the ukba was done, because I sent the documents to him 10 days ago), I should reapply, so I would have a fresh CoA and would be OK to be employed.
Based on that, I am kindly asking advice on how should I proceed, as I would have everything set the soonest.
My wife left 2 hours ago to the bank and HRMC to get a original bank statement and tax return, so that I could take action within 2 days tops.
I guess it would have been worse if my RC was refused on basis of our marriage.
They still have my passport. Would be a good move if I sent them the remaining documents along with the refusal letter for reconsideration? Would I have to send any addition documents, as they did not question our identity or our marriage in the refusal letter? They still have my passport with them, but returned all documents we submitted, including my wife's passport.
i think it would be better to apply for reconsideration and before you do that i would like you to send a complaint right now to this email below and explain your plight to them,make sure you tell them they refuse you wrongly, one of them should be in contact with you within 2 days

EuropeanOperational@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (europeanoperational@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk); UKBAcustomercomplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (ukbacustomercomplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk); UKBAeuropeanenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk (ukbaeuropeanenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk); Kirsen.Ferguson@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (kirsen.ferguson@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk); Serena.Bryant@ukba.gsi.gov.uk (serena.bryant@ukba.gsi.gov.uk); Steve.Long5@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (steve.long5@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk); Sonia.Dower2@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (sonia.dower2@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk); Rob.Whiteman@HomeOffice.GSI.Gov.UK (rob.whiteman@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk); NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (nwcsu@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk); rob.whiteman@homeoffice.gov.uk (rob.whiteman@homeoffice.gov.uk); EREC@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (erec@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk); nationalityprogress@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (nationalityprogress@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
I fail to understand what's the point of firing emails at every direction (apart from releasing steam). Some of the people don't work in UKBA any more. Some addresses are for departments who has nothing to do with European applications. No one likes to get spam. I would imagine people working in the HO are the same.
Many people on this forum have done so and they were told to send back there document for reconsideration. im sorry for my mistakes. have a good night
I have done it and none of them replied.
As suggested, I reapplied (this time with every single aspect of my wife's self employment...documents weighting over a kilo!) and appealed on paper. In addition to all of those, we also sent two handwritten letters explaining that now all the issues have been addressed, that the documents should satisfy them (as we there is nothing else we haven't posted) and that we expect to receive my RC the soonest.
I will keep you informed of the outcome. Thank you for the info and support.

bigsale
Newly Registered

Post by bigsale » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:01 pm

wb00 wrote:
bigsale wrote:
Jambo wrote:
bigsale wrote:
i think it would be better to apply for reconsideration and before you do that i would like you to send a complaint right now to this email below and explain your plight to them,make sure you tell them they refuse you wrongly, one of them should be in contact with you within 2 days

EuropeanOperational@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (europeanoperational@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk); UKBAcustomercomplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (ukbacustomercomplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk); UKBAeuropeanenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk (ukbaeuropeanenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk); Kirsen.Ferguson@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (kirsen.ferguson@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk); Serena.Bryant@ukba.gsi.gov.uk (serena.bryant@ukba.gsi.gov.uk); Steve.Long5@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (steve.long5@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk); Sonia.Dower2@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (sonia.dower2@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk); Rob.Whiteman@HomeOffice.GSI.Gov.UK (rob.whiteman@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk); NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (nwcsu@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk); rob.whiteman@homeoffice.gov.uk (rob.whiteman@homeoffice.gov.uk); EREC@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (erec@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk); nationalityprogress@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (nationalityprogress@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
I fail to understand what's the point of firing emails at every direction (apart from releasing steam). Some of the people don't work in UKBA any more. Some addresses are for departments who has nothing to do with European applications. No one likes to get spam. I would imagine people working in the HO are the same.
Many people on this forum have done so and they were told to send back there document for reconsideration. im sorry for my mistakes. have a good night
As suggested, I reapplied (this time with every single aspect of my wife's self employment...documents weighting over a kilo!) and appealed on paper. In addition to all of those, we also sent two handwritten letters explaining that now all the issues have been addressed, that the documents should satisfy them (as we there is nothing else we haven't posted) and that we expect to receive my RC the soonest.

Thats great , im sure the decision will be overturned , keep your finger crossed

CanuckinEd
Newly Registered

Post by CanuckinEd » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:06 pm

@jamesadewale200: Yes, you can fold it and it's divided into four sections which suggests this is expected. (One is the RC, then there's a quarter that says "Immigration document" and one with my name and other details.)
Last edited by CanuckinEd on Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Farazjan
Newly Registered

Post by Farazjan » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:14 pm

Got my COA with right to work , my question is can I apply for security licence on the basis to COA ?

wb00
Newly Registered

Post by wb00 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:59 pm

Farazjan wrote:Got my COA with right to work , my question is can I apply for security licence on the basis to COA ?
If you mean national insurance, yes. I got mine just with my passport copy and my CoA, but it will probably depend on the mood of the person you talk to at the Jobcentre.

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:23 pm

Farazjan wrote:Got my COA with right to work , my question is can I apply for security licence on the basis to COA ?

for security licence you are require CRB,and without original passport you cant get this crb checks.

at12

Post by at12 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:09 pm

Hi All,
I have been following this board since early 2013 when I was planning to submit an EEA2 application. Like CanuckinEg (who posted above) I had also been here for a few years on a Tier 2 Visa. These are my dates and the documents I sent in case it can be of help to anyone. You will notice that I only sent what was required, no extra documents nor letters. Strange is that it took nearly three months from RC issue to delivery... go figure.. !

Country applying from: UK (Residence: Liverpool)
Type of visa applied for: EEA2
Application submitted: 11 May 2013
Received by UKBA: 13 May 2013
Certificate of Application: 17 May 2013 (dated 15 May 2013)
Residence Documentation: 08 October 2013 (dated 01 July 2013!!)

Documents Applicant:
- EEA2 form filled and signed
- 2 photographs
- Passport
- Previous (expired) passport with current visa (Tier 2, Skilled Migrant)

Documents EEA Partner:
- ID Card
- Residence Card (obtained previously with separate EEA1 application)
- last 3 payslips

Evidence of relationship (unmarried partners)
- Council tax bill last three years, addressed to applicant and EEA partner
- Old and recent utility bill (United Utilities), addressed to applicant and EEA partner

All that with a special delivery envelope paid for.

Thetruth007hmm
Newly Registered

Post by Thetruth007hmm » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:45 am

at12 wrote:Hi All,
I have been following this board since early 2013 when I was planning to submit an EEA2 application. Like CanuckinEg (who posted above) I had also been here for a few years on a Tier 2 Visa. These are my dates and the documents I sent in case it can be of help to anyone. You will notice that I only sent what was required, no extra documents nor letters. Strange is that it took nearly three months from RC issue to delivery... go figure.. !

Country applying from: UK (Residence: Liverpool)
Type of visa applied for: EEA2
Application submitted: 11 May 2013
Received by UKBA: 13 May 2013
Certificate of Application: 17 May 2013 (dated 15 May 2013)
Residence Documentation: 08 October 2013 (dated 01 July 2013!!)

Documents Applicant:
- EEA2 form filled and signed
- 2 photographs
- Passport
- Previous (expired) passport with current visa (Tier 2, Skilled Migrant)

Documents EEA Partner:
- ID Card
- Residence Card (obtained previously with separate EEA1 application)
- last 3 payslips

Evidence of relationship (unmarried partners)
- Council tax bill last three years, addressed to applicant and EEA partner
- Old and recent utility bill (United Utilities), addressed to applicant and EEA partner

All that with a special delivery envelope paid for.
Congratulations at2 Could you help me with the information about the Letter of Acknowledgement of HO receiving your application. Did it state about a right for you to continue with work? As Mine is just a headed paper home office letter stating that, they have received my application and i should wait for RC.

Another Question, Should i use this letter to apply for Job or request a letter that specifically states i should continue to work. Honestly mine just did not state weather i have right to work or not.

Will employer accept this letter? Any Help please, wanna apply for job plenty of them now not later.

at12

Post by at12 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:51 pm

Hi! My CoA was the standard one they send to non-married partners, where it states they cannot confirm the status and that one needs to wait for the application to be processed (no right to work). That however does not invalidate your current visa if you have one as it was my case, so I did not bother about that. I am not sure about your case but if you do not currently have a visa that allows you to work, and your COA did not state your right to work (as I understand that is only granted for married couples), then I suppose you cannot be employed and you will have to wait for the RC :( .

nanny

I recieved my resident card today

Post by nanny » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:15 pm

Hello all my solicitor phone me today to say i got my resident card im so excited thank you higher power. as soon as i recieved it i will post my time line on here but my last application which i got through with is now 8 months today since we made the application. Thanks to you all for your advice and all your post that you post on here and good luck to each and every one on here may the higher power bless you and you will all get your resident card.
Nanny here

Davmck70

Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE

Post by Davmck70 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:27 pm

shineangel wrote:
Davmck70 wrote:Hello everyone,
I love to share my pain and I hope someone will help me here. It is a bit lengthy but I plead you read through as this is a case for thought for everyone.

I am married to a Portuguese national who exercises right via self employment as a caterer in UK. Got married in Oct 11, applied for RC in Nov, 11 which was sent back advising that I needed to re-apply due to insufficient documentation. Reapplied in Jan, 12 and received a COA few weeks after. Application refused sometimes in July,12 for which a letter was sent to solicitor to advise him of decision not to issue RC and right of appeal. Refusal letter was not picked up by solicitor and thus returned to HO. I called HO and was advised of decision and also ROA to which another letter was sent to me in Dec, 12.
I got angry with solicitor and thus moved my case to another solicitor to handle with dignity and professionalism. Reasons for refusal included the following:

You applied for a residence card on 12 January 2012 as the spouse of an EEA national who was exercising their treaty rights in the United Kingdom. You have submitted a Nigerian Marriage Certificate under Section 24 of the Nigerian Marriage Act. All marriages celebrated under this civil marriage act required both parties to be present at the ceremony . .The marriage certificate pertains to a marriage under the Nigerian Marriage Act which precludes marriages by proxy under this Act. Paragraph 11 (1)(a)of the Nigerian Marriage Act states 'before the registrar can issue the certificate he must be satisfied that one.of the parties has been resident within the district in which the marriage is intended to be celebrated at least fifteen days preceding the granting of the certificate' Paragraph 26 of the Nigerian Marriage Act continues by stating that 'The certificate shall then be signed in duplicate by the officiating minister, by the parties, and by two or more witnesses to the marriage' You have signed this marriage certificate and it has also been signed by witnesses... However you have not provided any passports valid from this date for either you or your sponsor with evidence of entry or exit stamps to show that you travelled to Nigeria
It has also been noted that on the marriage certificate provided there is a website address. After investigating the website, it has been highlighted that you can obtain various certificates, such as "'marriage certificates and birth certificates. The website address is (delete were applicable) www.imcnigeria.mysite.com or www.eri-imc.org or www.intergovtmaritcte.org or www.intergovtmaritalete.org or www.intergovernmentalmarriagereg.org which is not affiliated to the Nigeria Authorities.
Further to this it is noted that the certificate contains details of a website shown as www.intergovtmaritallcte.org in the bottom right hand comer in which it is stated that details of registered marriages can be obtained. Domain names such as this are stored within databases such that information on the registered owners of said domain names can be queried and discovered. This is carried out using a search known as a WHOIS search. This can be carried out using a number of internet tools such as the website network-tools.com. On typing the above website into Internet Explorer, in the normal way, does not display anything in terms of what would be classed as a normal website, indeed in this case this is a blank page. Performing the aforementioned "WHOIS" search reveals that this domain name does not appear in records as a registered domain. As such this domain name and indeed website does not exist and therefore cannot be associated with a register of marriages as claimed on the provided certificate.
• Consent of the Parties (i.e. of the spouses, parents, and extended families) • Capacity (e.g. relating to age, subsistence of any other marriage, degrees of relationship and status) • Dowry • Formal Giving Away (of the bride)
The addresses for official Nigerian government are www.nigeria.gov.ng and for the National Population Commission www.population.gov.ng. It would therefore be expected that marriage certificates issued under the Nigerian Marriage Act would bear a website address of an applicable Nigerian governmental body.
The Nigerian COl report 06 April 2011 states that marriage by proxy is not legally valid under Nigerian civil law. Paragraphs 24.19 and 24.21 refer. This means that in order for a marriage under the Nigerian marriage act to be considered legal, both parties to the marriage must have been present at the ceremony at the time the marriage was undertaken. For this reason the UK Border Agency cannot accept the marriage certificate as being lawfully issued and evidence of your relationship and your application fails to meet Regulation 7 of the Immigration (EEA) Regulations 2006. Additionally; according to official UK Border Agency guidance (which is freely available ,to the public), for a customary marriage to be valid in Nigeria the following conditions must be fulfilled:-
You have not provided any evidence that consent was given for the marriage from the parents and extended family of me spouse, you have not provided any evidence of how long the relationship had been subsisting prior to the marriage, you have not provided any evidence that a dowry was provided for the bride as required, and you have not specified how the bride was formally given away. For this reason the UK Border Agency did not accept the marriage certificate as being lawfully issued and evidence of your relationship and your application failed to meet Regulation 7 of the Immigration (EEA) Regulations 2006. You have stated that your EEA sponsor is exercising treaty rights as self employed The accountant letter dated 11 January 2011 (should be the 11 January 12) from accountant states that your EEA sponsor has been trading since Oct, 11. You have submitted a HMRC registration letter dated 30 November 2011 and financial statements dated 31 December 2011. Finally you have submitted bank statements. In order to decide your EEA sponsor is exercising treaty rights as self employed, we require evidence of tax and national insurance to be paid You have submitted no evidence from HMRC confirming that your EEA spouse has paid tax or national insurance. You have submitted bank statements however they do not confirm receipt of services rendered if your EEA sponsor- company is trading. Furthermore, HMRC recommends that National Insurance contributions to be paid via direct debit there is nothing to indicate in the bank statements she is paying NI contributions through her bank account. You state your EEA sponsor is trading as a catering company, HMRC recommends to set up business bank accounts to separate personal banking from business banking. Your EEA sponsor bank account is for a basic cash card account from Barclays. Your EEA spouse accountant letter states her company is trading as ** Catering Services' we can find no trace through internet searches on how your EEA sponsor is advertising for business. You have not submitted evidence that your EEA spouse has paid a tax return for April 2012, according to HMRC, the deadline is the 31 January 2012. Depending on your business and how you trade, you are required by law to'take out certain types of insurance.
The types of insurance you may need are:-
employer's liability insurance. If you employ other people you must have this insurance. It provides cover for claims made by employees who are injured or become ill as a result of their employment
vehicles insurance. Vehicles used for business purposes must be insured even if already insured for private use
public liability insurance. This provides cover against claims by members of the public who have been injured or had property damaged as a result of carelessness at.work by you or your employees
premises insurance. Insurance will be necessary for the premises you work from, even if you work from home and there is already a policy. This is because the insurance will usually only cover residential use
health and accident insurance. These will pay a regular income or lump sum if you are unable to work because of an accident or sickness. You have not submitted sufficient evidence to consider your EEA sponsor as aperson who is self employed. Therefore, it has been decided to refuse to issue the confirmation that you seek with reference to Regulation 6 and 7 of the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006. In making the decision to refuse your application consideration has been given to the following: • EEA 2 Application. • Nigerian Passport. • Portuguese Passport. • Nigerian Marriage Certificate. • Evidence of Self Employment. • Representative Letter (they omitted accountants letter and other prove submitted like bills, photographs etc). As you appear to have no alternative basis of stay in the United Kingdom you should now make arrangements to leave. If you fail to do so voluntarily your departure may be enforced. In that event we would first contact you again and you would have a separate opportunity to make representations against the proposed removal. Help and advice on returning home can be obtained etc

So I appealed the decision Jan, 13 via my new solicitor with some more evidence to show we went to Nigeria (attached spouse passport that had a Nigerian visa endorsed in it, tickets for flights to Nigeria, stamps in spouse passport showing arrival in Nigeria and also in UK, some more pictures from Nigeria, bills, spouses voter’s card, prove of NI contributions etc ).
The First Tier Tribunal promulgated in June, 13 that the HO should approve RC based on all evidences produced as case worker failed to see that spouse passport had Nigerian visa endorsed in it, did not check provided tickets, did not confirm with HMRC.
HO appealed the decision stating that the First Tier tribunal judge had made a material error of law and did not see the physical spouse EEA passport before concluding the case.
I sent another appeal to the Higher Tribunal in July 13 and while awaiting a hearing date, HO wrote to inform me of an oral interview sometimes in Oct 13.

Please can you all help me out with ideas, comments, questions I should expect and any other things i can look forward to. Thanking you all in advance
You already won your appeal against ukba decision about your marriage certificate, however ukba challenged decision of first tier tribunal. To the best of my knowledge you need not to appeal again, you just have to wait for upper tribunal to check if there's material error of law in first tier tribunal decision. Anyway you will expect a tough questions as to how you met your spouse, where, how long ago, colour of your your bedsheets etc be fully prepared for cross examination. Good luck

'Many thanks to those who supported me via this forum. Not much gained but I am still grateful'. Firstly to Shineangel, Thetruth007hmm, SouthWest1, diangelo and lastly webbie1902.

samibck
Newly Registered

EEA2 timeline after interview

Post by samibck » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:02 pm

Application sent: 25/04/13
HO received: 26/04/13
COA received (with right to work): 28/04/13
Interview letter received 19 July 2013
Interview 2 August 2013

Passport and RC received: 09/10/13 (dated 2/09/13)

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:23 pm

It seems UKBA is improving its performance!

Applied for Residence Card (EEA2) on 19 August; today it arrived with all supporting documents, well within two months only.

And they even returned everything by Royal Mail Signed For™ 2nd class, even though we didn't provide a prepaid return envelope with the application.

purpleowl2536
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

YAY!! I've got my RC!

Post by purpleowl2536 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:28 pm

I have been reading this forum for a while now. Here's my timeline:

13/08/2013 - Sent EEA2
14/08/2013 - HO received.
17/08/2013 - Got a letter confirming they received it.
24/08/2013 - Received COA with right to work.
04/10/2013 - Asked for passport back (for traveling)
12/10/2013 - Received passport + RC + documents back.

I am Brazilian married to a Portuguese national exercising treaty rights. We sent passports, marriage certificate + translation, council tax bill, payslip and a letter from his employer.

Best of luck to all of you!

Aliaslan
Newly Registered

Eea2 refused

Post by Aliaslan » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:00 pm

I have made an application under europan law on 2nd September 2013. Last Friday I have received a refusal letter. The reason has been following:
You have failed to provide sufficient evidence to demonstrate that your eea family member is exercising treaty rights as a worker in the UK.

My partner is working for a newspaper-a small new company. I have sent her contract and a letter from her employer. Ukba have tried to phone the company ONCE but no one answered(this can happen)! They say they have googled the company and couldn't find any information-which is clearly untrue because if you google the company you find two pages on google just about the company!

We have forwarded a letter from our council-where it says something about my work to a local ukba worker who advised us that she will forward the letter to the right person!obviously she has not done this!

To top everything up, I have not received my passport back-just the supporting documents and one out of the two photographs.

What shall we do now? Shall we ask for reconsideration?

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: Eea2 refused

Post by askmeplz82 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:33 pm

Aliaslan wrote:I have made an application under europan law on 2nd September 2013. Last Friday I have received a refusal letter. The reason has been following:
You have failed to provide sufficient evidence to demonstrate that your eea family member is exercising treaty rights as a worker in the UK.

My partner is working for a newspaper-a small new company. I have sent her contract and a letter from her employer. Ukba have tried to phone the company ONCE but no one answered(this can happen)! They say they have googled the company and couldn't find any information-which is clearly untrue because if you google the company you find two pages on google just about the company!

We have forwarded a letter from our council-where it says something about my work to a local ukba worker who advised us that she will forward the letter to the right person!obviously she has not done this!

To top everything up, I have not received my passport back-just the supporting documents and one out of the two photographs.

Stick to one thread : http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#930896
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

Thetruth007hmm
Newly Registered

Re: Eea2 refused

Post by Thetruth007hmm » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:30 pm

Aliaslan wrote:I have made an application under europan law on 2nd September 2013. Last Friday I have received a refusal letter. The reason has been following:

Does your sponsor(Partner) has 3 months current payslips? To avoid paying again and long waiting for appeals...I would advise you to submit the three current payslips and Headed paper letter with company stamp and request for reconsideration.

Aliaslan
Newly Registered

Post by Aliaslan » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:55 pm

Yes she has payslips and can provide bank statements as well. How shall we ask for reconsideration?

wb00
Newly Registered

Post by wb00 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:52 am

bigsale wrote:
wb00 wrote:
bigsale wrote:
Jambo wrote: I fail to understand what's the point of firing emails at every direction (apart from releasing steam). Some of the people don't work in UKBA any more. Some addresses are for departments who has nothing to do with European applications. No one likes to get spam. I would imagine people working in the HO are the same.

Thats great , im sure the decision will be overturned , keep your finger crossed
News on my new application: I received a Coa NOT CONFIRMING MY RIGHT TO WORK. What now? What is the reason the one they sent me this time does not state my right to work as the first one? I have sent the same documents, along with more evidence of my wife's self employment, which was what they were questioning. Can I request a new one with right to work?