ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change in English test 28th October 2013

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ap123
Newly Registered

change in English test 28th October 2013

Post by ap123 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:17 am

im in the uk my wife is in India i have all the documents here with me,can i place the file here or i have to send it to her to file,

i heard that you can place the file here to speed up the process but i cant find the information anywhere so it make me think that i cant place the file here.
Last edited by ap123 on Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:13 am

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:06 am

ap123 wrote:i asked o2 to send me about two years phone bills so i can prove that im talking to my wife, once i got them today in the post it says on the top"copy bill" on each page is that ok

its in black and white , i could have printed them off myself

would this be a problem
batleykhan wrote:Yes :wink:
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:07 am

ap123 wrote:i have been using whatsapp to talk with my wife, when i email the history it about 300 pages

do i just print it off or what should i do

any help pls
estirichy wrote:When I did my application, had over 1000pages from watsup, but i only printed a sample, mayb two days a month, and i explained in my cover letter this is only sample of the chat record as the total record is exhaustive.... hope this help
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Immi121

Post by Immi121 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:49 pm

D4109125 wrote:
ap123 wrote:i asked o2 to send me about two years phone bills so i can prove that im talking to my wife, once i got them today in the post it says on the top"copy bill" on each page is that ok

its in black and white , i could have printed them off myself

would this be a problem
batleykhan wrote:Yes :wink:
I submitted the same in my application. They raised no objection with that. However, do make sure you submit proof of other forms of communication, for example, skype.

juhi
United Kingdom

Re: spouse visa do i place the file here (uk) or india

Post by juhi » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:55 pm

ap123 wrote:im in the uk my wife is in India i have all the documents here with me,can i place the file here or i have to send it to her to file,

i heard that you can place the file here to speed up the process but i cant find the information anywhere so it make me think that i cant place the file here.

Hi, Don't know whether your query have been answered-- but still replying, u can only fill the form online and book an appointment in order to help her in the process but its your wife who has to visit the VFS and submit the documents for settlement visa.

juhi
United Kingdom

Post by juhi » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:59 pm

ap123 wrote:im in the uk my wife is in India i have all the documents here with me,can i place the file here or i have to send it to her to file,

Hi, Don't know whether your query have been answered-- but still replying, u can only fill the form online and book an appointment in order to help her in the process but its your wife who has to visit the VFS and submit the documents for settlement visa.

juhi
United Kingdom

Post by juhi » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:59 pm

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:31 am

ap123 wrote:im applying for spouse visa for my wife i have filled in the following

vaf4a
vaf4a2

do i need to fill in a sponsorship undertaking form SU07/12

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:32 am

SU07/12 should not be required.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:20 pm

ap123 wrote:Hi,
am i right in thinking that the new English test is NOT for the first time applying for spouse visa vaf4a

as im be applying for my wife visa in India 2moro but she is waiting for my last payslip in the mail, but if she doesn't get it on time then she will have to apply on Monday and that is the start of the requirements
[/u]

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:20 pm

You think correctly.

ap123
Newly Registered

Post by ap123 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:25 pm

D4109125 wrote:You think correctly.
thank you soo much im sooo stressed

ijamesf

Post by ijamesf » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:21 am

How about for the first flr (m) extension visa? Not due until early 2016 under the new rules but would the new English rules apply for flr (m) or a SET (M) only as things currently stand?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:36 am

FLR(M) would be A1.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:56 pm

ap123 wrote:my wife applied for her spouse visa but when she went to the visa center they said that she is missing SPONSORSHIP UNDERTAKING BUT as far as i know you dont need that any way my main Q's is

can i send the SPONSORSHIP UNDERTAKING form after place the file in and where do i send it to british high commission in mumbai or send it here in london with the ref number pls can someone HELP

if i send it to british high commission in mumbai will they accept it and can i send it via FEDex

can someone give me a address and a department

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:58 pm

SU07/12 should not be required and you should make a complaint to the ECM.

If you want to send the form it would be to the ECO at the relevant diplomatic post.
Last edited by Amber on Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:30 pm

No it shouldn't be required but I had one printed for my husband's application just in case.

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:46 pm

Even I was asked by the VFS Team member to submit the Sponsorship undertaking form. Fortunately I was there along with my wife in India during the application submission process.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:19 pm

The significance of the sponsorship form, an undertaking have to be clearly explained to both applicant and sponsor, it should not just be requested. Seems these outsourcing companies are acting unreasonably. However, to prevent delay you'd be best complying then making a complaint subsequent to admission. A sponsorship form should only be required in exceptional circumstances.

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:33 pm

I completely agree with Amber. In fact i saw a case where a lady was refused for application submission since she was unable to provide SU. Seems like creating own protocols on top of what UKBA has

haych1
Newly Registered

Post by haych1 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:36 am

i am due to get married soon and am collating paperwork. my spouse is from pakistan. please explain which tests she needs to pass to in pakistan to come to the uk. i heard some changes on 28th october 2013. before it was A1 english test what does she have to pass now?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:50 am

Still A1. The new requirement relates to settlement and naturalisation.

haych1
Newly Registered

Post by haych1 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:38 pm

so does this mean that the new law doesnt apply to people coming from pakistan until they reach uk. basically, my spouse needs to complete A1 English course in order for me to apply for spouse visa.