ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Application Form AN - September 2013

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ap007

New Application Form AN - September 2013

Post by ap007 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:46 pm

Hi,

I've scheduled my NCS appointment on 16th Oct and just saw that a new application form AN is out now!

My referees have signed previous version of this form!! Now, is this acceptable? (Their signatures are dated within 1 month of my appointment) or should I send them new forms?

Thanks!
Arvind

VR

Referee Page

Post by VR » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:31 pm

Arvind,

Just stick the signed referee page you have in and Print the rest of the pages (New Form) fill up and send across. There is no change in the content of the Referee page of the old and new form.
cheers
vr

joy2006

Re: Referee Page

Post by joy2006 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:57 pm

VR wrote:Arvind,

Just stick the signed referee page you have in and Print the rest of the pages (New Form) fill up and send across. There is no change in the content of the Referee page of the old and new form.
cheers
vr
The page references have changed and a few things regarding good character and new requirement for the English test have been added. Addition of these few things has moved page references about. If I were you, I would ring the NCS where your application is being checked and ask if they will accept the old form without having to get one page from one form and inserting it in another. According to the advice treading on this forum regarding the new form, apparently HO will still accept old forms but I didn't want to take chances so I transfered info from my old form to new because I didn't want to go through all the worry.

ap007

Post by ap007 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:02 pm

Thanks for your comments.

Although I do think the old form will still be acceptable, I have just about enough time to get referees to sign the new form, so I'll not take the chance!! I'm going to use the new form! Hope they don't update it again between now and then!!!

Thanks

joy2006

Post by joy2006 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:13 pm

ap007 wrote:Thanks for your comments.

Although I do think the old form will still be acceptable, I have just about enough time to get referees to sign the new form, so I'll not take the chance!! I'm going to use the new form! Hope they don't update it again between now and then!!!

Thanks
I think you are doing the right thing coz that is what I also decided to do as I didn't want to get to my appointment on Thursday only for the NCS to tell me that I need to fill the new form. Different NCS interprete the rules differently, some don't mind old forms and others are more strict. Am taking time off work for this so i wanted to ensure that I do it correctly once and for all and know its out of the way. Am fortunate that my referees are understanding and didnt mind re-signing my form.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:11 am

ap007 wrote:Hi,

I've scheduled my NCS appointment to applying for naturalisation on 16th Oct 2013.

Route: Work Permit (2 years) + Tier 2 (3 Years) + ILR (1 Year).

I've listed the documents I'll be taking below. Could you please have a look and confirm if these are OK, or if I'm missing anything. Thanks:

New Application Form AN - Sep 2013 Version
Payment Form
Passport (Current + Previous)
ILR - BRP Card
Life in the UK Test Pass Certificate
UK Driving licence (Card + Counter-part)
Council Tax Letter (as current address proof)
P60's - Previous 5 years

Do I need to take photocopy of these docs to the NCS or will they photocopy everything on the day??

Thanks!!
AP
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ap007

Post by ap007 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:11 am

Hi,

I've scheduled my NCS appointment to applying for naturalisation on 16th Oct 2013.

Route: Work Permit (2 years) + Tier 2 (3 Years) + ILR (1 Year).

I've listed the documents I'll be taking below. Could you please have a look and confirm if these are OK, or if I'm missing anything. Thanks:

New Application Form AN - Sep 2013 Version
Payment Form
Passport (Current + Previous)
ILR - BRP Card
Life in the UK Test Pass Certificate
UK Driving licence (Card + Counter-part)
P60's - Previous 5 years

Do I need to take photocopy of these docs to the NCS or will they photocopy everything on the day??

Thanks!!
AP

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:12 am

The NCS should have told you what to bring and they will take the copies (that really the whole point in the service).

If you passport(s) cover the last 5 years you do not need:
P60's - Previous 5 years
NCS officers usually like to include the last months wage slip.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ap007

Post by ap007 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:14 am

Thanks very much!

sanak

Post by sanak » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:52 pm

I have NCS appointment on 14th october 2013. I just noticed the form has changed for AN however the refree page content has not changed. Please can someone advice if i can print the new form and attach the old form refree page.
Same has happened with MN1 form.

Please advice as my referee does not stay near by and the GP for my son has taken 3 weeks to complete the form.

PLease Push or some senior member please reply.

thanks

desertlord

Post by desertlord » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:30 pm

I spoke to NCS personally, my NCS confirmed that new form ONLY is to be used. Don't just take advice here. I recommend you contact NCS yourself.
Taking old referees page and just stick it there is a bad move. Page numbers are different so it will be spotted immediately. You still have plenty of time so just ask your referees to refill your new form, simple!

joy2006

Post by joy2006 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:20 pm

Hi sanak

We have had the discussion regarding new form in another thread and the response has been mixed. Even though I agree with Desertlord to use new form, am sure old forms will still be accepted. But to be on the safe side, rather than just depending on this forum for advice, I would suggest you contact your NCS to enquiry if they will accept old form. Some NCS are accepting old forms and others are only allowing new form.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:24 pm

Using the referee from the old form should not pose any problems at all.

nmm

Post by nmm » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:31 pm

sanak wrote:I have NCS appointment on 14th october 2013. I just noticed the form has changed for AN however the refree page content has not changed. Please can someone advice if i can print the new form and attach the old form refree page.

Please advice as my referee does not stay near by and the GP for my son has taken 3 weeks to complete the form.

thanks
I have written confirmation from my NCS that old forms will be acceptable before 28 oct and even after 28 oct. Please see this thread http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 9&start=40

chuba2012
Newly Registered

Post by chuba2012 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:44 pm

I just went for my NCS appointment on Friday 4th Oct. I used the old form and it was accepted. Nothing was mentioned about the new form. I think it is meant for the new rules taking effect 28th October.

sanak

NCS

Post by sanak » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:44 pm

Hi All,

thanks for the reply. I just got email confirmation from Hounslow NCS that the form is still valid and they will accept Old forms.

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:42 am

ap007 wrote:Hi,

I'm an employee of a limited company and I was wondering what should I write in Section 3.5: Address of Tax office or Tax office ref??

Any idea?

Thanks
AP
VR wrote:If you have your own limited company and are an employee, get the details from your accountant.

If you are in fulltime employment, you can see this on the communication you receive each year from HMRC w.r.t your tax code or you can get it off the payslip or P60.
cheers
vr

sanak

MN1

Post by sanak » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:42 pm

I applied as faimly my application is approved.However the MN1 certificate has been sent to council and my cermoney is booked for 22nd Jan 2014. My son passport is due to expire and I cannot renew his Indian passport as legally my son is British from the day Mn1 is approved.Council is denying to give me the MN1 until Jan 2013 as they state it is an immigration rule.

Please can someone advice where in Ukba it states this.

sanak wrote:I have NCS appointment on 14th october 2013. I just noticed the form has changed for AN however the refree page content has not changed. Please can someone advice if i can print the new form and attach the old form refree page.

thanks