ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My EEA family permit application and updates what next (pak)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

stars

My EEA family permit application and updates what next (pak)

Post by stars » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:45 am

Hi guys prayers to every one and hope every one get there visa asap
i have applied EEA family permit on 09/09/13 from Lahore Pakistan

received an email from BHC Pakistan on 20/9/13

Your visa application reference number:LHE/xxxxx/xxxx/xxx is under process at the British High Commission.

here are my questions

how long does BHC take to process the application for EEA family permit from pakistan ?

is it the same processing time as spouse family visa thats mean i have to wait for around 12 weeks?

any suggestions what can i do that they process my application on on priority basis as its stated in EU law

do i need to contact Garry,s or BHC?
Regards

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:52 am

I believe previous reports have said that Gerry's claimed that EEA visa are treated as settlement visas (which is against EEA regulations). However, Visa processing times on UKBA website seems to indicate that most of the applications are dealt within 15 days (there is only data for Islamabad, not Lahore. It could be that all EEA applications are forwarded to Islamabad for a decision).

I would first try to contact Gerry's and if not satisfied complain to the BHC.

stars

Post by stars » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:22 pm

Jambo wrote:I believe previous reports have said that Gerry's claimed that EEA visa are treated as settlement visas (which is against EEA regulations). However, Visa processing times on UKBA website seems to indicate that most of the applications are dealt within 15 days (there is only data for Islamabad, not Lahore. It could be that all EEA applications are forwarded to Islamabad for a decision).

I would first try to contact Gerry's and if not satisfied complain to the BHC.
Thanks for your qiick reply yes garry,s lahore just take the application check the document and supporting documents required take bio metric and then forward the application to BHC Islamabad
i received email from uk visa application status

Dear xxxxx,

Your visa application reference number:LHE/xxxx/xxx/xxx is under process at the British High Commission.

An auto e-mail will be generated to inform you when the application is returned and is available for collection at the application Centre.

Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Regards,
Visa Application Centre.

here is my time line
application submitted date 09/09/13
forward to BHC Islamabad 09/09/13
email received under process20/9/13

my question is my 15 days time started from application submitting date 09/09/2013 ?
or the email received application under process date 20/9/13 ?

thanks a lot for your kindness looking forward for any suggestions
Regards

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:50 pm

Submission date.

stars

Post by stars » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:36 pm

Jambo wrote:Submission date.
Thanks Jambo appreciate your time and help i,ll wait one more week then i,ll start to inquire and complain if needed
cheers

stars

Post by stars » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:52 am

stars wrote:
Thanks Jambo appreciate your time and help i,ll wait one more week then i,ll start to inquire and complain if needed
cheers
Hi Jambo and seniors on this forum as in my previous posts i wrote i applied EEA family permit on 09/09/13 at lAHORE pakistan
i received email my application is under process on 20/09/13 at Islamabad pakistan
still i didnt heard any thing from BHC Islamabad pakistan
i met one person on net he applied for EEA family permit from islamabad pakistan on 10/09/13
and he emailed me that he got EEA fp yesterday and he collected his passport today with visa
so now i,m wondering that whats going on with my application coz i applied one day before this guy but still no news kindly if any one can help me any advise please i,m so nervous :(

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:13 pm

stars wrote:
stars wrote:
cheers
Hi Jambo and seniors on this forum as in my previous posts i wrote i applied EEA family permit on 09/09/13 at lAHORE pakistan
i received email my application is under process on 20/09/13 at Islamabad pakistan
i met one person on net he applied for EEA family permit from islamabad pakistan on 10/09/13
and he emailed me that he got EEA fp yesterday and he collected his passport today with visa
so now i,m wondering that whats going on with my application coz i applied one day before this guy but still no news kindly if any one can help me any advise please i,m so nervous :(
There is no need to be nervous. You only applied 15 days ago so I guess you will get a decision in the next few days.

stars

Post by stars » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:30 pm

Jambo wrote:
stars wrote:
stars wrote:
cheers
There is no need to be nervous. You only applied 15 days ago so I guess you will get a decision in the next few days.
Jambo thanks for your kind reply yes i hope so i,ll get decision in next week i,ll update here on forum

saalman

Post by saalman » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:24 pm

stars wrote:
stars wrote:
cheers
Hi bro,

I am from Pakistan and my wife is an EEA national. The British High Commission in Islamabad is the most careless European Mission. The had once lost my passports with my entire travelling history, as a Pakistani, i hope you understand what travelling history means, so time frames on their website are not trustworthy for me .

My personal experience is to get a Schengen Visa, its simple fast and easy and then drive to Calais and ask them for code 1A stamp by presenting your Marriage certificate and Birth Certificate of any of your child.

Hope this would be able to help and reduce your stress.

chbar
Newly Registered

Post by chbar » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:11 am

Hi stars

My wife applied on 23 Aug at mirpur and application processed on 05 sep, since then no update. When asked at mirpur centre about how long will it take and answer was 4-5 weeks on avg.

stars

Post by stars » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:23 am

saalman wrote:
stars wrote:
stars wrote:
cheers
Hi bro,

I am from Pakistan and my wife is an EEA national. The British High Commission in Islamabad is the most careless European Mission. The had once lost my passports with my entire travelling history, as a Pakistani, i hope you understand what travelling history means, so time frames on their website are not trustworthy for me .

My personal experience is to get a Schengen Visa, its simple fast and easy and then drive to Calais and ask them for code 1A stamp by presenting your Marriage certificate and Birth Certificate of any of your child.

Hi Salmaan
yeah i agree with you they are taking to long how could they lost your all documents with your passport you should take them to courte that so weird.
my wife is in uk and i,m still waiting for reply and get my passport back from BHC
what do you think from which eu embassy i should apply schengen visa my wife sposse to travel with me or should be in that country where i,m applying for schengen visa is that right ?
thanks for your reply and appreciate your time
Regards

stars

Post by stars » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:26 am

chbar wrote:Hi stars

My wife applied on 23 Aug at mirpur and application processed on 05 sep, since then no update. When asked at mirpur centre about how long will it take and answer was 4-5 weeks on avg.
Hi Chabr
yeah i,m still waiting for my eea fp
did you apply EEA family permit?
this is so weird some people get EEA family permit so fast from BHC and we still waiting for reply at least they should answer us doesn't matter what is the outcome
well lets pray hope fully we ll get it soon inshallah

chbar
Newly Registered

Post by chbar » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:12 pm

stars wrote: Hi Chabr
this is so weird some people get EEA family permit so fast from BHC and we still waiting for reply at least they should answer us doesn't matter what is the outcome
Yes we applied for EEA permit, On average it took around 2 months for my other relatives who applied for EEA permit in Pakistan.

inshallah soon we will hear the good news as well.

saalman

Post by saalman » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:41 pm

stars wrote:
saalman wrote:
stars wrote:
stars wrote: Thanks Jambo appreciate your time and help i,ll wait one more week then i,ll start to inquire and complain if needed
cheers
Hi bro,

Hi Salmaan
yeah i agree with you they are taking to long how could they lost your all documents with your passport you should take them to courte that so weird.
my wife is in uk and i,m still waiting for reply and get my passport back from BHC
what do you think from which eu embassy i should apply schengen visa my wife sposse to travel with me or should be in that country where i,m applying for schengen visa is that right ?
Regards

Hi Stars,

Regarding loss of passport, I applied for a UK Business Visitor Visa, I always had a UK visa (issued at different occasions) since childhood, but when it expired i reapplied in June 2009 and the time frames on the BHC Islamabad's website said that straight forward applications, which my application certainly was, are dealt in 15 days. The first response i got after several attempts to reach the Visa Section was March 2010 by a very rude lady informing that they had lost my passport and they are ready to pay me passport replacement fee. Also to note that i had a multi entry Schengen Visa in the passport they lost.

Regarding the easiest embassy, i personally have been traveling to Europe since ages, and had a Schengen Visa even before i got married, however a friend of mine applied at the german embassy with his wife's passport marriage certificate and a letter from wife that her husband will be accompanying her during her visit to Germany, it took 15 days and they got a Visa. So try German Embassy, but still don't loose hope for your EEA FP. Good Luck

stars

Post by stars » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:31 am

saalman wrote:
stars wrote:
saalman wrote:
stars wrote: Hi Jambo and seniors on this forum as in my previous posts i wrote i applied EEA family permit on 09/09/13 at lAHORE pakistan
Hi bro,

Hi Salmaan
Regards

Hi Stars,

Regarding loss of passport, I applied for a UK Business Visitor Visa, I always had a UK visa (issued at different occasions) since childhood, but when it expired i reapplied in June 2009 and the time frames on the BHC Islamabad's website said that straight forward applications, which my application certainly was, are dealt in 15 days. The first response i got after several attempts to reach the Visa Section was March 2010 by a very rude lady informing that they had lost my passport and they are ready to pay me passport replacement fee. Also to note that i had a multi entry Schengen Visa in the passport they lost.

Regarding the easiest embassy, i personally have been traveling to Europe since ages, and had a Schengen Visa even before i got married, however a friend of mine applied at the German embassy with his wife's passport marriage certificate and a letter from wife that her husband will be accompanying her during her visit to Germany, it took 15 days and they got a Visa. So try German Embassy, but still don't loose hope for your EEA FP. Good Luck
Hi salmaan thanks for reply yeah that's shame they lost your passport and then offer a replacement fee and a piece of paper thats how much organized they are shame on them.
second i emailed germany embassy last week no reply yet but i,m sure i,ll gonna get eea fp inshallah just curios how the embassies deal with people in Pakistan.

stars

Post by stars » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:55 am

chbar wrote:
stars wrote: Hi Chabr
Yes we applied for EEA permit, On average it took around 2 months for my other relatives who applied for EEA permit in Pakistan.

inshallah soon we will hear the good news as well.
Hi Chabr thanks for reply really average 2 months that's sucks
i researched lot every where in the world its less then 2 weeks lol
that's not fare anyway lets pray we get good new soon inshallaha remember each other in our prayers let me know please if there is any new i,ll do the same take care khuda hafiz

saalman

Post by saalman » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:51 am

Any good news so far regarding the EEA FP applications you made?

stars

Post by stars » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:19 am

saalman wrote:Any good news so far regarding the EEA FP applications you made?
Hi salmaan no news yet still waiting how about you any progress about finding good fast processing embassy for schengen visa?

saalman

Post by saalman » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:44 am

Well as i told you, a friend has a recent good experience with German embassy, book an appointment online, fill in the form and visit the German Embassy in Islamabad for submission, you will know the outcome there and then, also by visiting the Embassy you will have the chance to explain your position.

stars

Post by stars » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:21 am

saalman wrote:Well as i told you, a friend has a recent good experience with German embassy, book an appointment online, fill in the form and visit the German Embassy in Islamabad for submission, you will know the outcome there and then, also by visiting the Embassy you will have the chance to explain your position.
Thanks SAlmaan but i dont wanna give up on EEA fp for uk coz our main destination is uk im still waiting reply from uk and its not easy to go germany and spend there six months and then move to uk its long wait

saalman

Post by saalman » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:35 am

stars wrote:
saalman wrote:Well as i told you, a friend has a recent good experience with German embassy, book an appointment online, fill in the form and visit the German Embassy in Islamabad for submission, you will know the outcome there and then, also by visiting the Embassy you will have the chance to explain your position.
Thanks SAlmaan but i dont wanna give up on EEA fp for uk coz our main destination is uk im still waiting reply from uk and its not easy to go germany and spend there six months and then move to uk its long wait
I am sure, you will be able to get your EEA FP, i just responded to your question, but why would you have to spend 6 months in Germany? is your spouse british, if she is! you shouldnt have applied for EEA FP on the first place, and if she isnt a British Citizen, then you do not need to spend 6 months in Germany, just bring your Marriage certificate with you at the Calais/Dunkirk ferryport and ask for a Stamp Code1A, i had personally done that.

stars

Post by stars » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:58 am

saalman wrote:
stars wrote:
I am sure, you will be able to get your EEA FP, i just responded to your question, but why would you have to spend 6 months in Germany? is your spouse british, if she is! you shouldnt have applied for EEA FP on the first place, and if she isnt a British Citizen, then you do not need to spend 6 months in Germany, just bring your Marriage certificate with you at the Calais/Dunkirk ferryport and ask for a Stamp Code1A, i had personally done that.
Thanks for reply salmaan no my wife is dutch citizen and she is in uk now working and going school do you think there ll be any issue as my wife is dutch and if we go to german embassy for schengen visa they can ask question that why we are getting schengen visa from german embassy why not from netherlands embassy as no border control between germany and netherlands
Thanks for being helpful and positive

saalman

Post by saalman » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:08 pm

No they will not ask this from you and they actually should not, its your choice to apply to whatever place you intend to travel to. But in the worst case, if they ask, you tell them that your wife no longer lives in Netherlands, and she is visiting some family and friends in Germany and you intend to accompany her. that would be all.

stars

Post by stars » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:19 pm

saalman wrote:No they will not ask this from you and they actually should not, its your choice to apply to whatever place you intend to travel to. But in the worst case, if they ask, you tell them that your wife no longer lives in Netherlands, and she is visiting some family and friends in Germany and you intend to accompany her. that would be all.
Thanks Salmaan lets see what happen i hope i dont have to go europe at first place uk ll be better later on i can go for visit to eu anyway :)
i,ll keep update what ever ll be out come cheers

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:23 pm

stars wrote:Thanks SAlmaan but i dont wanna give up on EEA fp for uk coz our main destination is uk im still waiting reply from uk and its not easy to go germany and spend there six months and then move to uk its long wait
Why do you think you need to spend six months in Germany?

You can visit or move to any EU member state with your wife for as long or short as you want. Because your wife has worked a different EU member state, then that also includes visits to her home member state: the Netherlands.