ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Application ?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tani14
Newly Registered

Citizenship Application ?

Post by Tani14 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:28 am

Hi All,

Hope you can help?

Been in UK since 10/10/2007 married to EEA National, I'm not EEA national.

I received my (PR) on 26/3/13, which I did not release at the time of application that I qualify automatically after 5 years of being in UK anyway.

Q) - I hold PR Confirmation for less than 1 year but have lived in the UK for 6 years can i apply for Citizenship Application

Cheers,
Tani

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:50 am

You may (from 10/10/2013) subject to meeting the other standard requirements (click). Sending the same evidence you used for your PR application and the PR card should suffice.

See also, Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting (click)
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Tani14
Newly Registered

Post by Tani14 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:03 pm

Thank you.

I have been working during all the years, I can provide all the doc same as PR etc.

On UKBA web " You should have held permanent residence status for 12 months before you apply for naturalisation" is the 12 months must?

Taking into consideration that on 10/10/13 it will be 6yrs all tho I don't hold PR for 12m?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:58 pm

For PR under the EEA regulations, what you do is irrelevant. It's the activities of the EEA national that matters. You will need to send similar evidence (including EEA national passport etc) to show you have obtained PR status on 10/10/2012. The PR card only confirms you had PR in March 13 (even though it was obtained automatically before).

Note that the UKBA say PR status and not PR card.