ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa for dependent Wife and Child

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:38 am

Thanks a lot D4109125.

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:09 am

Hi D4109125,

Few more queries:
1: Do you know if I can apply for any Premium Service in VFS India? I can see some Super Priority service is available with an additional cost of £600 but not sure if VAF4A partner of settled application can be made in this route.

2: Considering my situation where my wife and child is away for almost 1 year with respect to the forms and documents to be submitted I am listing the possible artifacts. Can you please confirm if I am missing anything or wrongly taking anything?
- Online VAF4A (for my wife)
- Online VAF4A (for my child)
- Application Fees INR 89000 each
- ESOL test certificate (or UK NARIC certificate)
- Spouse Degree certificate
- VAF4A Appdendix (for my wife)
- VAF4A Appdendix (for my daughter)
- Cover letter
- passports and previous BRP card for my wife and child
- Attested passport copy of the Sponsor
- Attested BRP card of the sponsor
- Attested P60 of the sponsor
- Salary slips for last 12 months
- TB Screening report for my wife
Supporting accommodation or cohab documents:
- India Bank Statements (JOINT) and address proofs
- UK Tenancy agreements (for the period when my wife was in UK)
- Council Tax (for the period when my wife was in UK)
- Sponsor's bank statement
- Form SU07/12

- Marriage certificate
- Skype and Facebook chat screenshots for the last one year.
- NHS history for my wife and child
-List of phone calls and print out

Please review and kindly advise. :? Thanks.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:22 am

Super Priority Visa Service

Eligibility - This service is available to customers who:

Are applying for a 6 month or 2 year multiple entry visitor visa (excluding student visit visas) and
Have travelled without difficulty in the last 5 years to one of the following countries: UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand, Canada or a Schengen country
Or are employees of companies that are members of the Business Express Programme (managed by UK Trade and Investment in India) and are travelling as an official business visitor
Thus No.

Do you have an employer letter confirming salary and the other required information? see also, supporting documents (click)
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:07 pm

Thanks D4109125 once again.

I do have employer letter confirming my salary and employment details. Do they need to confirm anything on my dependent?

As mentioned earlier I am planning to change the job, however my current company is planning to transfer me to a sister concern on a permanent role. So I will not be required to resign but only transfer. My salary, employee id and designation will change though.

In such situation should I apply for CAT A or CAT B in VAF4A? I can anyways submit past 12 months salary. But do I need to wait for the new salary slip of the sister company before I can submit the application for my wife?

Please advise.

I have also submitted for a UK NARIC assessment test for English language however unfortunately they do not have the premium service for this category. They only have it for degree assessment. :( So another wait for 10 to 15 working days.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:58 pm

Supply the evidence required for cat b since you have it. Are you submitting a degree for comparison? If so, check to see if 10 points are awarded on the PBS calculator, if not, you need the NARIC statement of comparability.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:10 pm

Thanks my friend.

I am submitting the degree certificate for English language assessment.
http://ecctis.co.uk/naric/Individuals/C ... sment.aspx

This is to understand if my wife can provide the English language qualification equivalent to ESOL A1 or B1. I guess UK NARIC only gives C1.

I have checked UKBA PBS calculator and she is scoring 10 points for her degree.

I have also called UKNARIC today to confirm if they can provide me a degree comparability which can tell me my level of English as per CEFR A1 or B1 level. But they said degree comparison will not assess English assessment.
Last edited by globalindian on Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:12 pm

She does not need NARIC, if she scores 10 then just include a print out of the PBS calculator result that will suffice. Moreover, the NARIC English Language Assessment would need to be combined with the NARIC statement of comparability.

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:15 pm

Oh that's great. I just want to ensure that my wife's application does not get refused else she might have to wait for ages to get the visa sorted.

In that case I will also apply for Statement of comparability. Do you think it will be full proof? :D

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:16 pm

Yes, the statement of comparability is what is important from NARIC.

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:19 pm

One more thing regarding the VAF4A forms.
In case I have to apply for my wife and child do I need to submit 2 separate VAF4A and 2 separate Appendices for my wife and child respectively?

This is because when I tried to apply for Online VAF4A through KOLKATA VFS it was only taking one application per instance.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:22 pm

A separate application for each applicant.

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:23 pm

Thanks a lot D4109125. You have been most helpful as always.
D4109125 wrote:A separate application for each applicant.

vinny

Re: TB Screening for child from India

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:45 am

globalindian wrote:Hi,

I am bit confused on the TB screening rules for my child who is around 2 years old. My dependents are planning to apply for Dependent Settlement Visa (VAF4A) from India.

As per the UKBA Rules mentioned in the below link:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... /applying/
It is mentioned that children below 11 years old are exempted from TB Screening.

However in another link in UKBA website:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... gname=null under Testing children category it is mentioned that all children must be tested for TB.

I am completely confused with two different contradictory rules.
Please help.

Regards. :?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:48 am

Who does not need to be tested wrote:children under 11 years old (unless deemed necessary by a clinician).
MED2.3 Who is exempt from needing a TB certificate? wrote:Children are not automatically exempt from the requirement to present a TB certificate showing that they are free from active pulmonary TB. Children under 11 years old need to attend a clinic, where their parent(s)/guardians will need to complete a medical questionnaire. The clinician will decide whether a chest x-ray screening is required and whether an individual certificate will need to be presented.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:11 pm

Thanks a lot Vinny. Appreciate your inputs. :D

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:06 pm

Hi,

I have one more query. Can you please advise if we apply for the dependent application in VFS india center and pay the money the on the same day when will my application date be considered in terms of the rules?

e.g. if I apply on 24th oct 2013 will my application submission date be considered on the same day if I pay by cash or demand draft? Or will it be considered after 28th Oct 2013 as I am worried about the new rule changes.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:39 pm

See also Kaur (Entry Clearance – date of application) [2013] UKUT 00381 (IAC).

What are the new rule changes that you are worried about?

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:40 pm

Thanks Vinny. My apprehension is regarding new rules for esol and life in uk. Not sure if ukba is planning to implement both in applications outside uk.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:41 pm

The B1 requirement applies to Settlement and Nationalisation.

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:57 pm

Thanks Amber. So the esol b1 and life in uk is not valid for dependent settlement vaf4a if it is applied outside uk?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:10 pm

If the ESOL test meets or exceeds A1 level on the CEFR* / ESOL Entry level 1 on NQF* (Speaking & Listening) then that should suffice so far as it is on the approved list (click),

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:15 pm

Thanks Amber. Yes I have got an assessment done from uknaric which confirms that degree is c1 level English. Hope she will be exempted from English language test. My only worry was Life in UK as a combination. However from your advice it seems this is not applicable for dependent visa applied outside UK.

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:32 pm

Hi All,

I am applying finally for my wife and child's dependent visa next week. I hope there will no rule changes for VAF4A application. Just wanted to check that if I plan to apply for next week can I submit the application form tomorrow but pay to VAF center next week?

I guess the application will still be valid even if it is beyond 7 days from the day of online submission and the day of application.

thanks

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Query on additional document submission

Post by globalindian » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:10 pm

Hi,

My wife and child has applied for their Visa on 25th Oct 2013 through VFS center in India.

The current status is being shown as "Under Process at BDHC." Can anybody please let me know that in case I want to submit few additional documents can I submit it through some email to BDHC? Will this further delay my application process?

Thanks

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:01 pm

Hi Gurus,

Any advice please?

Regards