ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

xray for entry to UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aprilhsmp

xray for entry to UK

Post by aprilhsmp » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:12 am

I have got my EC and there was no medical test required. Do I still need to carry some x-ray report?

is it must to have xray at health counter at UK airport.

what other medical reports they need apart from xray.

pb78
United Kingdom

Post by pb78 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:24 pm

Hi aprilhsmp,

I have applied for my EC and awaiting a decision. However based on my earlier experience I wish to comment on your query.

When I travelled to UK as a student, I did undergo my medicals and carried my chest X-ray. In heathrow I was asked to produce the X-ray report and it helped me to clear my immigration check in about 10 minutes. I heard from few of my other friends who landed without an X-ray report that the officials in heathrow actually had their chest x-ray done in the airport and then sent them out. Eventually it took about 1 hr for them to step out of the airport. All this fuss is only to ensure that they do not allow any travaller with TB to step into to UK. With the recent news of a passenger in US detected for TB, I would advise to have a report done.

Rgds,
pb78

LankanFunkin

Post by LankanFunkin » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:53 pm

helpful to have it, but not mandatory.

I didnt, so I had to get one done at the airport. No fee, and only added about 30 minutes to my overall wait.

indian234

Post by indian234 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:48 pm

Even if u dont have no worries. They didnt ask me for any xray. So, no problem. Even if they ask they will take care of that, dont worry and be cool.

Papafaith
Member of Standing

Post by Papafaith » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:17 am

aprilhsmp, if you come in through Heathrow, you will be asked to produce your chest xray, if you dont have it, you will have to take one in the airport, you may meet a queue, thus creating delays for you, Gatwick is not particular, they wont ask you for it.
Congrats.
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.

aprilhsmp

Post by aprilhsmp » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:44 am

thanks a lot for your suggestions. this forum had been a great help for me.