ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

citizenship approval letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maddimor1
Newly Registered

citizenship approval letter

Post by maddimor1 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:24 pm

Dear All,

I got my british citizenship approval letter on 28th june 2013, before i could contact local authority for the ceremony i've misplaced it and somehow forgot about it completely as i was shifting to other city..after my re-location while unpacking i found my letter thats 1st week of october 2013 when i called my local authority they said my registration certificate has expired and its been sent back to HomeOffice...since then im trying to call constantly to UKBA but no luck as it keeps going to message service
I would greatly appriciate any help of how to go about with my application

Many thanks,
Maddi.

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:36 pm

its very unfortunate how you have let this happen to you. The forum cant help you with this other then I guess suggest to write into UKBA with your full name date of birth and nationality a phone call will not be enough to chase a returned certificate.

good luck

rod_p

Post by rod_p » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:01 am

At one time, UKBA would just send the certificate to you in the mail and the process was over.

The government decided to create the ceremony to celebrate the importance of becoming British.

You "somehow forgot about it completely" and allowed the statutory time to attend the ceremony to elapse. In the government's eyes, you have shown them how much you value becoming British.

It's unlikely they'll make an exception to the rules - they really shouldn't.

At least you know your 900+ expense to reapply will most likely be successful.

Hopefully you will appreciate the privilege of being approved for citizenship second time around!

maddimor1
Newly Registered

Post by maddimor1 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:58 pm

Thanks for all the responses so far, i completely respect your thoughts and concerns...i jumped with joy when i saw my approval letter...my action was so unintentional it all happened in such a rush of relocating to new place and settling in...
Can you please suggest how can i contact UKBA the number 08450105200 with option 2 and 4 allways goes to automated message service.
I am so keen to get all this sorted quickly..:(
Thanks,
Maddi.

rod_p

Post by rod_p » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:24 pm

Honestly, the fastest way to "get it sorted" starts here:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... alisation/

If UKBA rejects applications made by misunderstanding "must be present in the country 5 years before applying" ( most common rejection reason ), what makes you can have your ceremony after the time limit has expired?

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:07 pm

maddimor1 wrote:Thanks for all the responses so far, i completely respect your thoughts and concerns...i jumped with joy when i saw my approval letter...my action was so unintentional it all happened in such a rush of relocating to new place and settling in...
Can you please suggest how can i contact UKBA the number 08450105200 with option 2 and 4 allways goes to automated message service.
I am so keen to get all this sorted quickly..:(
Thanks,
Maddi.

Email: ukbanationalityenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021