ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarification for joint uk bank account

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smartmind101

Clarification for joint uk bank account

Post by smartmind101 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:55 pm

hey friends. a quick question for guru's:

Both me and my entrepreneur team partner hold our funds in a uk joint bank account. From the bank's side we have 2 docs:
1) Original bank statement &
2) A bank letter stating that both the parties have access to the money in the joint account.

Now, my question is--> do we still need to give an affidavit signed by any solicitor that we have equal access to the money?

I am unable to find anywhere in the policy guidelines where it states that we need to send any such affidavit. If any of you thinks so, plz reply along with the link or stating the lines from the guidelines where it is stating so.

Thanks !!

rahil74098

Re: Clarification for joint uk bank account

Post by rahil74098 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:22 am

smartmind101 wrote:hey friends. a quick question for guru's:

Both me and my entrepreneur team partner hold our funds in a uk joint bank account. From the bank's side we have 2 docs:
2) A bank letter stating that both the parties have access to the money in the joint account.

Now, my question is--> do we still need to give an affidavit signed by any solicitor that we have equal access to the money?

I am unable to find anywhere in the policy guidelines where it states that we need to send any such affidavit. If any of you thinks so, plz reply along with the link or stating the lines from the guidelines where it is stating so.

Thanks !!
U r right it is not mentioned in policy guidelines but it is better to provide affidavit and solicitor letter. We got a visa last week and we sent affidavit (each member) and solicitor letter to UKBA.

rahil74098

Re: Clarification for joint uk bank account

Post by rahil74098 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:24 am

smartmind101 wrote:hey friends. a quick question for guru's:

Thanks !!
U r right it is not mentioned in policy guidelines but it is better to provide affidavit and solicitor letter. We got a visa last week and we sent affidavit (each member) and solicitor letter to UKBA.

smartmind101

plz reply.

Post by smartmind101 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:03 pm

OK, but can you please tell me,

1) did u also submit with ur application any letter from your bank stating that both of the joint account holders have access to the money?

2) what did it cost you to get the affidavit and letter from the solicitor all together ??

Thanks !!

rahil74098

Re: plz reply.

Post by rahil74098 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:30 pm

smartmind101 wrote:OK, but can you please tell me,

1) did u also submit with ur application any letter from your bank stating that both of the joint account holders have access to the money?

2) what did it cost you to get the affidavit and letter from the solicitor all together ??

Thanks !!
yes, It is very important to send a bank letter (confirming both r having equal access to account and funds are available for investment).
two affidavit (separate each member and two solicitor letter cost us £ 70.

Sonye

Post by Sonye » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:02 pm

I have one issue. I bank with Barclays and they have told me they cannot give me a cover letter to state that the money is available for both joint account holders. they only gave me a cover letter stating my name, date we opened the joint account and total amount in it. Will that be acceptable?

Mr_zain
Newly Registered

Post by Mr_zain » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:18 pm

Sonye wrote:I have one issue. I bank with Barclays and they have told me they cannot give me a cover letter to state that the money is available for both joint account holders. they only gave me a cover letter stating my name, date we opened the joint account and total amount in it. Will that be acceptable?
Hi to All Gurus, i have the same question , i have submitted uk joint acount bank statement ,also i have submitted two affidavit for each member ,
is it necessary to submit bank letter too?

Mr_zain
Newly Registered

Post by Mr_zain » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:19 pm

Sonye wrote:I have one issue. I bank with Barclays and they have told me they cannot give me a cover letter to state that the money is available for both joint account holders. they only gave me a cover letter stating my name, date we opened the joint account and total amount in it. Will that be acceptable?
Hi to All Gurus, i have the same question , i have submitted uk joint acount bank statement ,also i have submitted two affidavit for each member ,

rahil74098

Post by rahil74098 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:57 pm

Mr_zain wrote:
it is very important to send a bank letter as well

Mr_zain
Newly Registered

Post by Mr_zain » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:19 pm

rahil74098 wrote:
Mr_zain wrote:
it is very important to send a bank letter as well
So what are my chances as i have applied on 24th July with my partner ,given biometrics on 7th August ,Still hvnt heard back anything yet ,also as per guidence ukba provided ,

Evidence of the amount of money available to invest
95.You should use this evidence of funds available to invest for your initial application under sections a; b; c and d (see the attributes table for initial applicants).
96.You must provide one or more of the following documents:
• a letter from a financial institution;
• for money held in the UK only, an account statement;
• for money from a venture capital firm, seed funding competition or UK
Government Department or Devolved Government Department, a letter from an authorised accountant.

So what you think ,what are my chances to get the visa .funds are in personal joint bank account together with affidavit submitted for both each of us.
Regards

Sonye

Post by Sonye » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:40 pm

Can someone please send me a template of their cover letter from the bank so i can take it to barclays an appeal to them to provide me with the same letter?

rahil74098

Post by rahil74098 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:11 am

Sonye wrote:Can someone please send me a template of their cover letter from the bank so i can take it to barclays an appeal to them to provide me with the same letter?
U will find template in entrepreneur visa policy guidance page no. 52