ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Missing exact absence dates for point 2.2

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ashia
Newly Registered

Missing exact absence dates for point 2.2

Post by Ashia » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:24 am

Good morning,

I am planning to apply for British Naturalisation shortly and I came across an issue with providing exact absence dates.
I am Polish therefore I do not have stamps in my passport to double check when I went on holidays. The absences were not longer than 30 days each year.
Any ideas what should I do in this situation? I don't have dates/number of days for 3 or 4 out of 13 travels.

Does anyone know if my application can be refused if I will not provide exact dates or they are bit different than when my documents were actually scanned on UK Border?

Any help is appreciated.

VR

Should not be an issue

Post by VR » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:00 am

Less than a month is nothing to be worried about.
cheers
vr

rod_p

Post by rod_p » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:19 pm

Retention of data during passport / national id card scan is a popular FOI request.

Here is one example:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... oming-1037

"Immigration Officers at the border are obliged to examine all passports at ports of entry and to check them against the records stored upon our database; this is accomplished by means of the scanning process you have observed. I can confirm, however, that the system employed for the scanning procedure has a read-only capability and does not record any details from documents which are scanned."

In other words, no record of entries to the country are recorded.

In fact, UKBA's guidance ( sorry I have no link but it's not so hard to find ) states the caseworker must rely solely on info provided by the applicant and must give the applicant benefit of doubt unless evidence exists to the contrary ( assumedly within the supporting documentation provided by the applicant ).

When I went for my ILR, my lawyer stated "UKBA has absolutely no idea of when a person is inside or outside of the country and it's been a huge controversy within the government for years. E-borders was supposed to fix this but has turned into an utter disaster".

Ashia
Newly Registered

Post by Ashia » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:53 pm

Thank you for your help! I have made an investigation and I am missing only one exact date now, so hopefully this is not the problem :)

Does anyone plan to apply on or after 28th of October? What documents will you provide with an application to prove that you can speak in English?
I passed an ESOL Skills for Life Level2 in 2006 and I have a Certificate to prove it. Do I need anything else (like a confirmation letter from college or results/grades)?
I have tried to contact UKBA with no luck as of yet.

london90210
Newly Registered

Information comes from airlines not passport control

Post by london90210 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:13 pm

Entries to the country are not recorded when passports are scanned.

The government gets the data from airlines automatically - eborders collects passenger information of people flying in or out directly from the airlines in an automatic feed.

The freedom of information response is correct above but this hides the fact that eBorders has nothing to do with passport control.

eBorders is actively collecting information and has been for years and this is available to caseworkers on request.