ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(M) Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Redeemer
Newly Registered

SET(M) Application

Post by Redeemer » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:10 pm

Hi Folks

I need advise, I sent my application via special mail next day before 1pm, but the post office did not send it in time so is now delayed at the post office.

Now the application will arrive after my visa expired.
Will this effect my application?

Thanks
H

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:36 pm

No it should not, you should request a refund for the postage and you should have used the Settlement Checking Service.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Redeemer
Newly Registered

Post by Redeemer » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:38 pm

Hi

I tried but there system was down and could not get a local appointment. And could not risk it.

Will chase the PO for a refund,

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:40 pm

Also bear in mind that if (unlikely if you posted before expiry) you're an 'overstayer' your work (if you are) may be affected. Although, note that the date of postage is the date of application not when it is received.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

adamboston

Post by adamboston » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:00 pm

I agree with Amber, the date of postage is the date of application doesn't matter when your application was delivered. If you posted your application before the expiry or even on the same day as expiry of your visa you should be fine.

I know this from my SAR file, in 2002 my student visa was expiring on 31st October and my university posted my FLR application on the same day by using first class recorded delivery service. In my SAR file following was stated on one of the pages:

Application Date: 31st October (Thursday)
Application Received: 4th November (Monday)
In Time/ Out of Time: In Time

Hope this will give you some peace of mind but please make sure you keep the postage receipt safe just in case.

All the very best.
Adam

'To me no human is alien - but to some no aliens are human'.