ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP VISA - can i book one way Airflight ticket ???

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

feb_hsmp

HSMP VISA - can i book one way Airflight ticket ???

Post by feb_hsmp » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:02 am

Dear Friends,
Since i have some constraints, i want to book one way ticket from India to London. Can i do this ?, Or is it compulsory to book return flight tickets.

I have plans to come India in december' 07, so i will book return flight tickets from UK.
Cheers,
Febhsmp

HSMPreqJun07
Newly Registered

Post by HSMPreqJun07 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:10 am

do you have an HSMP and FLR(HSMP) or EC? if it's the case you can certainly book a one way ticket

feb_hsmp

Post by feb_hsmp » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:41 am

HSMPreqJun07
Since I already have HSMP visa, i can book one way ?

HSMPreqJun07
Newly Registered

Post by HSMPreqJun07 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:22 am

as long as you have have your EC or a work permit visa you should be able to book a one way ticket. Sometimes aireline companies are not very well informed and can be a pain. But as long as you have your HSMP you don't need a return ticket.

FYI, once you're settled in UK, even your familly members can travel to UK with no return ticket as long as you're traveling with them. Last time I came to UK with my mum who took a one way ticket, they first said a definite no, but I insisted to get them to call the borders police in UK and once they said she's with me and gave my visa reference they said there is no problem!

feb_hsmp

Post by feb_hsmp » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:08 pm

thanks for this information, i am relaxed now.
To add to our discussion let me tell you, that i have EC/HSMP visa.