ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal and fresh application same time?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: fresh application while Appeal or Reconsideration is pen

Post by Jambo » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:15 am

dot3 wrote:Hi everyone,

I am new here but i have enjoyed all the gurus that contributed. I can see the two have been lopsided Appeal and reconsideration request.

Appeal + fresh application = ALLOWED
Reconsideration + fresh application = NOT ALOWED

APL1.21 Issue of entry clearance with appeal outstanding Under section 9 of the 2006 Act, if an applicant has an outstanding appeal but makes a new application and is issued an entry clearance in a different category, any outstanding appeal against an entry clearance refusal will continue unless the appellant notifies the Tribunals Service or Post that they do not wish to proceed with the appeal.

APL1.20 Applicant makes fresh application while an appeal is outstanding A person who has an appeal pending can make a fresh application for entry clearance in the same or any other category. There is no requirement for a person to withdraw an appeal. If an appellant is subsequently issued an entry clearance, Post must inform the Tribunals Service at: eco.contact@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk. The ECO must ensure that a proforma of Withdrawal of Decision is also sent to the Tribunals Service and this appeal will stop.

Appeal vs Reconsideration

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary from the above link,

Effect of fresh application For decisions made on or after 9 July 2013, if an applicant makes a reconsideration request and then submits a fresh application for limited or indefinite leave to remain, this will have the effect of withdrawing the reconsideration request. If the migrant makes a reconsideration request about a decision made on or after 9 July 2013 after making a new application, the request must be rejected.

Thanks.
The link and the quotes refers to applications under the immigration rules ("leave to remain"). It's not applicable to applications under the EEA Regulations although the policies are similar.

aka789
Newly Registered

Re: fresh application while Appeal or Reconsideration is pen

Post by aka789 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:01 pm

Jambo wrote:
dot3 wrote:Hi everyone,

I am new here but i have enjoyed all the gurus that contributed. I can see the two have been lopsided Appeal and reconsideration request.

Appeal + fresh application = ALLOWED
Reconsideration + fresh application = NOT ALOWED

APL1.21 Issue of entry clearance with appeal outstanding Under section 9 of the 2006 Act, if an applicant has an outstanding appeal but makes a new application and is issued an entry clearance in a different category, any outstanding appeal against an entry clearance refusal will continue unless the appellant notifies the Tribunals Service or Post that they do not wish to proceed with the appeal.

APL1.20 Applicant makes fresh application while an appeal is outstanding A person who has an appeal pending can make a fresh application for entry clearance in the same or any other category. There is no requirement for a person to withdraw an appeal. If an appellant is subsequently issued an entry clearance, Post must inform the Tribunals Service at: eco.contact@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk. The ECO must ensure that a proforma of Withdrawal of Decision is also sent to the Tribunals Service and this appeal will stop.

Appeal vs Reconsideration

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary from the above link,

Effect of fresh application For decisions made on or after 9 July 2013, if an applicant makes a reconsideration request and then submits a fresh application for limited or indefinite leave to remain, this will have the effect of withdrawing the reconsideration request. If the migrant makes a reconsideration request about a decision made on or after 9 July 2013 after making a new application, the request must be rejected.

Thanks.
The link and the quotes refers to applications under the immigration rules ("leave to remain"). It's not applicable to applications under the EEA Regulations although the policies are similar.

What is a reconsideration request as opposed to an appeal?? I though this was one thing, decision is appealed, goes to ECM for reconsideration then date for appeal hearing.

I have a hearing date 4months from now but will be reapplying, but I am hearing different noises about whether we should withdraw our pending appeal.

Just going over this thread have we now established that A person who has an appeal pending can make a fresh application for entry clearance in the same or any other category. There is no requirement for a person to withdraw an appeal. as stated in APL 1.20 under Appeal guidelines.

Therefore if our new application satisfies standard spouse visa requirements then application should be accepted. We will obviously note in application that we have been refused and provide details of refusal notice and points of issues that have been satisfied.

Avinine86
Newly Registered

pls advice me too guys..

Post by Avinine86 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:11 pm

I am in a similar situation where my wife applied for entrepreneur and i applied as her dependent and both visas got rejected for which we have appealed with 28 days. But at this point, my employer is ready to sponsor my visa provided I apply from UK. If I withdraw my appeal, would I still be able to re-apply for a new visa route ?

Please advice as this is highly urgent.

Thank you !

Avi

masuma123
Newly Registered

can i make fresh application

Post by masuma123 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:06 pm

hi,it will be very helpful for me if anyone suggest me in my present situation,,,I apply for psw april 2012,refused on january 2013 (reason date of award)...ftt hearing july 2013 again refused on august 2013...now appeal in utt ,,,still waiting for the permission,,,in this situation can i make new application in different category at the same time my appeal...what is the procedure for making a new application...please help me

Davmck70

Re: can i make fresh application

Post by Davmck70 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:17 pm

masuma123 wrote:hi,it will be very helpful for me if anyone suggest me in my present situation,,,I apply for psw april 2012,refused on january 2013 (reason date of award)...ftt hearing july 2013 again refused on august 2013...now appeal in utt ,,,still waiting for the permission,,,in this situation can i make new application in different category at the same time my appeal...what is the procedure for making a new application...please help me
I don't have a straight-forward answer but would advice you seek another category to apply from as the chances of winning is very slim (speaking from what a friend experienced recently from the same situation as yours).

Davmck70

Post by Davmck70 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:21 pm

Babz wrote:
diangelo wrote:
Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:diangelo,

For EU free movement applications, you can definitely have an appeal in progress and also make a new application. It is very normal.

This may or may not also apply to normal UK law immigration applications.
Thanks for your information,Guru,The link you sent never stated anywhere that you can appeal and make fresh applications same time.I have a letter from the Home office to my MP which clearly states that while an appeal is on,i either wait for the outcome,withdraw the appeal and make another fresh application.I would be happy if you can further show me where this is clearly stated otherwise.
Hi Diangelo,
Just to inform you that my new application was accepted and I received my RC today...HO has also informed the tribunal...
So YES you can reapply while appeal is pending...
Hey Babz and Diangelo
Can you kindly enlighten us on how long it took from time appeal was allowed to receiving RC, what you did during this period (whether you had to contact MP or not to facilitate the process)?, how RC was issued (on passport or paper)? How soon was the award paid for appeal refunded back to bank account? and any other questions you deem necessary to be answered. Many thanks