ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:47 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@verbina, we are all good thanks......same thing happened to me last thursdayi kept blaming every single thing and person ,when i had to walk 2 miles to my destination after waiting hours cos a lady tried to commit suicide by jumping under the train @ d station... anyways dats life....
yr daughter is a smart little madam i think she got her intelligence from you, if they dont want to listen to mummy at least they have no choice other than to listen to the poor girl.i am pretty sure that letter will do the trick trust me, they are indeed infringing her right...i dont know why the ho have to wait for their a-s to be kicked by a little girl's letter b4 they do the decent thing..''hissing in spanish''.lol... enjoy yr stay in london babes muahhhh ...xxxx
Awwwh thank you love! xxxx

PS So bloody inconsiderate to others committing suicide on public transport! Grrrr! If it were me Id go deep into the woods maaan!!!! 8)
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:23 pm

verbina wrote:
babycakes wrote:
verbina wrote:
rina wrote:

@Verbina you really make me laugh lollllll... I know hun
Argghhhh!!!! I had this really big mirror and now it fell and smashed into gazillion little pieces :oops:
I dont want to have another 7 years of bad luck!!!
@Verbina breaking of that mirror signifies the breaking of the bad luck. Don't wont Hun good things from now on.
@babycakes Awwwh cheers darl!! Hope you are keeping well!!
My my love just checking in to see how everyone's doing.

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:47 am

Happy Monday guys!!! Hope everyone is feeling well and positive!!! May this new week bring us plenty of good news, cause God knows last week was damn slow!!!!

I decided to write to my senior caseworker myself this time cause clearly whatever my solicitor wrote had no effect whatsoever!! Grrrr!!

Anyways, so I just posted off my 10 page long novel of a statement off to her and included a brilliant letter from my daughter!!

I emailed copies of everything to my MP and asked him once again to alert this caseworker lady to look out for my correspondence.

Dunno maybe I shouldn't pester them like this, but frankly Ive seriously run out of patience!! So Im just hoping to get a response from HO, anything. Cause this limbo sh*t is driving me nuts!!!!!!

PS Folks, has anyone ever include any supporting letters from their kids in their applications??

Sweetypie

Post by Sweetypie » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:33 am

verbina wrote:Happy Monday guys!!! Hope everyone is feeling well and positive!!! May this new week bring us plenty of good news, cause God knows last week was damn slow!!!!

I decided to write to my senior caseworker myself this time cause clearly whatever my solicitor wrote had no effect whatsoever!! Grrrr!!

Anyways, so I just posted off my 10 page long novel of a statement off to her and included a brilliant letter from my daughter!!

I emailed copies of everything to my MP and asked him once again to alert this caseworker lady to look out for my correspondence.

Dunno maybe I shouldn't pester them like this, but frankly Ive seriously run out of patience!! So Im just hoping to get a response from HO, anything. Cause this limbo sh*t is driving me nuts!!!!!!

PS Folks, has anyone ever include any supporting letters from their kids in their applications??

Good Morning Lovely Verbs!!!

A good week to everyone on the forum the writers and the silent. May God grant us all our poapers this week, if not mine then I hope yours come through with good news.

In the spirit of Downtown Abbey, thing will be rosey darlings :):)
FLR O Extension applied: 21 Sep 2013
Acknowledgment Letter dated: 24 Sep 2013
Biometrics: 1 Oct 2013 letter, done: 4 Oct 2013
Decision: 12 October granted DLR until Oct 2016
Documents: Received 17 October 2013
BRP: 23 October

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:41 am

Sweetypie wrote:
verbina wrote:Happy Monday guys!!! Hope everyone is feeling well and positive!!! May this new week bring us plenty of good news, cause God knows last week was damn slow!!!!

Good Morning Lovely Verbs!!!

A good week to everyone on the forum the writers and the silent. May God grant us all our poapers this week, if not mine then I hope yours come through with good news.

In the spirit of Downtown Abbey, thing will be rosey darlings :):)
I hope so doll, but at the moment things are looking far from rosy here :((
Hope this all changes this week!!
Now Im taking myself off for a run to get some serotonin going lol. xxx

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:59 am

Good morning people , i pray you all get the good news you have longed for in jesus name.

@verbina weldone you are not pestering them you are doing the right thing.....folding yr hands doing nothing does not exactly help the situation.... the letter you wrote will serve as a gentle reminder and might even jeer the senior case worker up to pick up yr file if she s abandoned it somewhere....remember these pple deal with loads of cases each day...remember my case was not even dealt with at all until d ombudsman called them and that ws wen they now picked my file up and started dealing with it...... so thumbs up for taking that bold step cis it is worth knowing wat is hapnin.... i am pretty sure things are gonna gather momentum for you in a positive way.. i will be prayin for you my dear....xxxx

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:10 am

yummymummy3j wrote:Good morning people , i pray you all get the good news you have longed for in jesus name.

@verbina weldone you are not pestering them you are doing the right thing.....folding yr hands doing nothing does not exactly help the situation.... the letter you wrote will serve as a gentle reminder and might even jeer the senior case worker up to pick up yr file if she s abandoned it somewhere....remember these pple deal with loads of cases each day...remember my case was not even dealt with at all until d ombudsman called them and that ws wen they now picked my file up and started dealing with it...... so thumbs up for taking that bold step cis it is worth knowing wat is hapnin.... i am pretty sure things are gonna gather momentum for you in a positive way.. i will be prayin for you my dear....xxxx
Thank you chica!! You re totally right! A gentle reminder thats all it was and hopefully it will do the trick. At least my MP will see that Im not prepared to let it go until I get the answer!! XXxx

PS Just lurrrrve it when you hiss in spanish doll!!!
:P

ontothenext
Newly Registered

Post by ontothenext » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:47 pm

Hello,

I will like to know if anyone has been in a situation whereby he/she has had to reapply after having first application refused and PASSPORT WITHHELD. The question is; if one's passport has been withheld by the home office, could one just send in another application WITHOUT one's passport as it is already with the Home office?

Many thanks

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:02 pm

ontothenext wrote:Hello,

I will like to know if anyone has been in a situation whereby he/she has had to reapply after having first application refused and PASSPORT WITHHELD. The question is; if one's passport has been withheld by the home office, could one just send in another application WITHOUT one's passport as it is already with the Home office?

Many thanks
@Ontothenext, i would say no harm in sending another application just make mention that your passport number ...... is with the HO.

If i may say, i still find it a bit difficult to understand why anyone would sent his or her passport in the first place. After all, they don't stamp the visas on the passport's anymore, hence there is no need for it. If the HO don't have your passport to hand, it will made it a bit difficult to send one home since they don't have the travel document.

So my suggestion to anyone trying to apply is not to send their passport but rather send a clear notorised colour photocopy.
A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:02 pm

Hi summer2013

Pls check your inbox

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:23 pm

@hatchsead ,..i think withholding pples passport after refusin them is soo unfair and dat is how they lose pples paspt.....havin said that, they would still require yr passport otherwise applicatn gets delayed... the passport is the document you can use to prove who you are to the ho b4 they can issue u wit a biometric card.
Last edited by yummymummy3j on Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:26 pm

@on to the next as hatchsead rightly said , put in a fresh applicatn and state clearly in yr cover letter dat yr pspt is still in their possesion from yr previous applicatn , quote yr paspt no and include photocopy if u haveit... best of luck dear.

ontothenext
Newly Registered

Post by ontothenext » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:35 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@hatchsead ,..i think withholding pples passport after refusin them is soo unfair and dat is how they lose pples paspt.....havin said that, they would still require yr passport otherwise applicatn gets delayed... the passport is the document you can use to prove who you are to the ho b4 they can issue u wit a biometric card.
Many thanks for your replies. I have not been refused, just preparing for the worst. Not sure how my faith got so low but I still keep believing. I refuse to let my faith wane, I have always been a strong-minded individual but HO is turning me into shreds. Financial,emotional and psychological stress is an understatement. Not to complain as I know many people are going through the same. I pray God in his mercies favour us all . I know we still have many things to be thankful for.
God bless and answer our prayers

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:50 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@hatchsead ,..i think withholding pples passport after refusin them is soo unfair and dat is how they lose pples paspt.....havin said that, they would still require yr passport otherwise applicatn gets delayed... the passport is the document you can use to prove who you are to the ho b4 they can issue u wit a biometric card.
@yummymummy3j, i beg to disagree with you completely on the fact that you will still need to send the passport physically unless they specifically requested for it later.

As i mentioned earlier, a clear colour photocopy NOTARIZED by a solicitor will suffice. I know tons of people that used this route now including myself. The passport pages just needs to be in colour, clear and clean showing both the biodata page and also any entry visa if any.
The need to send the passport is no longer there since the visa is issued on the biometric card now.
A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:52 pm

ontothenext wrote:
Many thanks for your replies. I have not been refused, just preparing for the worst. Not sure how my faith got so low but I still keep believing. I refuse to let my faith wane, I have always been a strong-minded individual but HO is turning me into shreds. Financial,emotional and psychological stress is an understatement. Not to complain as I know many people are going through the same. I pray God in his mercies favour us all . I know we still have many things to be thankful for.
God bless and answer our prayers
@ontothenext, that is what they are trying to achieve, keep your moral. Please, don't let this get to you. Just as my signature says "A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!"
Don't let anyone take that will away from you, you are nearly there. Just as the tail end of a race gets more more tiring, but the will to win keeps pushing one to victory. Find that inner most strength and you will finish the race in victoriously. It is well!

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:18 pm

Time503 wrote:Hi summer2013

Pls check your inbox
i have replied dear
FLR(O) send: 17/08/2012 (7 yrs rule)
Bio done: 14/02/2013
Decision: Refused with no right of Appeal

ale001

Post by ale001 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:38 pm

FLRo Application, 1 year and 6 month, still counting! :( :( :(
Ale001

ontothenext
Newly Registered

Post by ontothenext » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:39 pm

ale001 wrote:FLRo Application, 1 year and 6 month, still counting! :( :( :(
wow, that's ridiculously long. I hope you get a response soon. Have you involved your mp?

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:46 pm

ontothenext wrote:
wow, that's ridiculously long. I hope you get a response soon. Have you involved your mp?
If its any consolation, I have been waiting 17 months FLR(O).
What grounds did you apply on if you dont mind me asking? I applied on private life and family in UK but no kids or husband.

hatsuku

Post by hatsuku » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:34 pm

i pray you get the good news during this week :) :) :)

hatsuku

Post by hatsuku » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:38 pm

hatchsead wrote:
@yummymummy3j, i beg to disagree with you completely on the fact that you will still need to send the passport physically unless they specifically requested for it later.

As i mentioned earlier, a clear colour photocopy NOTARIZED by a solicitor will suffice. I know tons of people that used this route now including myself. The passport pages just needs to be in colour, clear and clean showing both the biodata page and also any entry visa if any.
The need to send the passport is no longer there since the visa is issued on the biometric card now.

very useful information, if only i known before!

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:38 pm

Hello forum! its already been more than one month I send the reconsideration letter but nothing heard from home office. its been already one and half month for refusal, what is the home office next action? removal notice, if they did can we have a appeal right? what is the last date I have to go for JR? is it within the 3 months of refusal or any time.

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:06 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:Hello forum! its already been more than one month I send the reconsideration letter but nothing heard from home office. its been already one and half month for refusal, what is the home office next action? removal notice, if they did can we have a appeal right? what is the last date I have to go for JR? is it within the 3 months of refusal or any time.
JR should be submitted within 3months
Godgives

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:12 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:Hello forum! its already been more than one month I send the reconsideration letter but nothing heard from home office. its been already one and half month for refusal, what is the home office next action? removal notice, if they did can we have a appeal right? what is the last date I have to go for JR? is it within the 3 months of refusal or any time.
Hi Shondra,

There are a handful of people here who submitted 'reconsideration letters' and after waiting for more than a year, they just submitted a new application. Home office stopped paying attention to them in 2012 so they are deemed ineffective. Please don't waste too much valuable time waiting for a reply as you are highly likely not to get one. PAP/JR or new application might help!

This might help you, (Try reading from page 6)

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:32 pm

thanks @godgives and dapsolnee for kind response. I will apply my child british citizenship in coming weeks and wait for one month, hope by the time my child british citizenship will approve and then push my cases whatever the possible action I can take.