ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA 1 and 2, Self Sufficient documents

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

EEA 1 and 2, Self Sufficient documents

Post by ice_breaker » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:57 pm

Hi there,

I am Non EEA National and MY EEA FP is going to expire in December 2013. She currently lives in Norway and we both will be moving to UK together next week 11 October and wants to apply for EEA1 and 2 asap.

Documents to send:

1. Marriage certificate
2. Comprehensive Sickness Insurance for both
3. 6 Months Norwegian bank account (stamped) and fresh UK joint account with some funds.
4. Cover letter

Are we good to go... do we need more documentation,, advise/suggestions please.

THANKS inadvance :)

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:38 pm

Your documents seems well, however, make sure that if your csi is from Norway then get it translated into English and follow the correct version of application form and give a careful look on what documents it state.
Remember your eea partner for its first 3 months won't need to exercise its treaty rights.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

sameer2012

Post by sameer2012 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:56 am

sheraz7 wrote:Your documents seems well, however, make sure that if your csi is from Norway then get it translated into English and follow the correct version of application form and give a careful look on what documents it state.
Remember your eea partner for its first 3 months won't need to exercise its treaty rights.
are you sure.if someone is coming from another country he/she do not need to exercise his/her treaty right.can you please explain.
SAMEER

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:46 am

sameer2012 wrote:
sheraz7 wrote:Your documents seems well, however, make sure that if your csi is from Norway then get it translated into English and follow the correct version of application form and give a careful look on what documents it state.
are you sure.if someone is coming from another country he/she do not need to exercise his/her treaty right.can you please explain.
It is under surinder Singh route where now eea National is returning its homeland after exercising treaty rights in another Eu member country.
REGARDS

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:35 am

sheraz7 wrote:
sameer2012 wrote:
It is under surinder Singh route where now eea National is returning its homeland after exercising treaty rights in another Eu member country.

sorry but EEA national here is Norwegian citizen not British ;
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: EEA 1 and 2, Self Sufficient documents

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:40 am

ice_breaker wrote:Hi there,

I am Non EEA National and MY EEA FP is going to expire in December 2013. She currently lives in Norway and we both will be moving to UK together next week 11 October and wants to apply for EEA1 and 2 asap.

Documents to send:

1. Marriage certificate
3. 6 Months Norwegian bank account (stamped) and fresh UK joint account with some funds.
4. Cover letter

Please clarify nationalities involved.

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:56 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
ice_breaker wrote:Hi there,

Documents to send:

1. Marriage certificate
4. Cover letter

Please clarify nationalities involved.
EEA national : Norwegian
Non EEA national : Pakistani

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:14 pm

REGARDS

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:08 pm

ice_breaker wrote: EEA national : Norwegian
Non EEA national : Pakistani
Thanks, then references to being British or Singh are irrelevant.

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:43 pm

sheraz7 wrote:
Hi Sheraz7,

My wife, an EEA national will be arriving on the same day as I am arriving to UK. They dont get stamp on their passport. So IN EEA1 form how they will know how long she have been in the country...

for non eea national... the first 3 month begins from the date of entry to UK or from the date on the FP Visa issued.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:25 pm

ice_breaker wrote:
sheraz7 wrote:
Hi Sheraz7,

My wife, an EEA national will be arriving on the same day as I am arriving to UK. They dont get stamp on their passport. So IN EEA1 form how they will know how long she have been in the country...

for non eea national... the first 3 month begins from the date of entry to UK or from the date on the FP Visa issued.

Ticket , Proof of address

Date of entry

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:32 pm

just keep safe tickets and boarding passes etc which you can send along with EEA2/EEA1 application along with a brief cover letter so that your 1st initial three months are not being ignored by caseworker.
REGARDS

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:34 pm

sheraz7 wrote:just keep safe tickets and boarding passes etc which you can send along with EEA2/EEA1 application along with a brief cover letter so that your 1st initial three months are not being ignored by caseworker.
Great.. just preparing the cover letter. once its finalise, wil share with you guys.. thanks again

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:38 pm

sheraz7 wrote:just keep safe tickets and boarding passes etc which you can send along with EEA2/EEA1 application along with a brief cover letter so that your 1st initial three months are not being ignored by caseworker.
ALSO i have lloyds account registered to saudi address. I will possibly try to convert that into joint account if not would they accept EEA FP to open new joint account?

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:58 pm

ice_breaker wrote:
ALSO i have lloyds account registered to saudi address. I will possibly try to convert that into joint account if not would they accept EEA FP to open new joint account?
I don't think they check your status in this country to open an account

But you both need to go there for an appointment

When i opened with HSBC Bank they asked for our passport , proof of address and marriage certificate that's all

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:44 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
ice_breaker wrote:

When i opened with HSBC Bank they asked for our passport , proof of address and marriage certificate that's all
Thats great then.. I just need a proof of address then... THANKS

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:59 pm

ice_breaker wrote:
askmeplz82 wrote:
ice_breaker wrote:

http://www.lloydsbank.com/current-accou ... ccount.asp
REGARDS

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:12 pm

sheraz7 wrote:
ice_breaker wrote:
askmeplz82 wrote:
ice_breaker wrote:

http://www.lloydsbank.com/current-accou ... ccount.asp
Many thanks Sheraz7, Just came back browsing the lloyds website and saw your link here :)

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:08 am

ice_breaker wrote:
Many thanks Sheraz7, Just came back browsing the lloyds website and saw your link here :)

my experience: both me and my wife banking with Barclays. I am with them for 9 years and my wife 5 years but still they refused our Joint account application 3 years ago

HSBC even though we never had any account with them they opened one Joint account for us straightway when we told the advisor not happy with Barclays

Because you both will be new and not working/looking for job then you may find little hard. But don't worry if they refuse in one Bank try another.

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:25 am

askmeplz82 wrote:
ice_breaker wrote:
my experience: both me and my wife banking with Barclays. I am with them for 9 years and my wife 5 years but still they refused our Joint account application 3 years ago

HSBC even though we never had any account with them they opened one Joint account for us straightway when we told the advisor not happy with Barclays

Because you both will be new and not working/looking for job then you may find little hard. But don't worry if they refuse in one Bank try another.
Oh great, thanks for your valuable input.. I have account with lloyds, will see if the make it joint account without making a fuss if not will check around banks and see. For self sufficient, does the maintenance fund has to be in UK or it can be in overseas account. Just wondering if we fail to get joint account,, could we show our overseas bank statement with cover letter that we have access to these funds. Would that be acceptable !

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:24 pm

Do not be confused from excessively supplied answers as holding joint account is not mandatory for EEA2 RC application rather the access of funds to EU national is imperative. For this purposes, even the individual accounts can work as long as the EU national has got some saving/balance in it or access to funds if some other member of its family supporting him/her including spouse. A recent experience regarding your question where the funds should be, then refer following thread:

http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=147772
REGARDS