ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

iHope

Post by iHope » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:12 pm

johnsonbaby wrote:I need help please!!!
I have submitted my set(lr) form for 3 months up to right now.
But i received an email today which is my college decided remove the sponsorship of mine . In the meantime, allow me 60 days to find another college to sponsor or leave the uk. So far I haven't received any letter from ukba yet.
What should I do ? Does that will effect my set(lr) application?
Urgently!!!please help me!!!!
You have completed 10 years lawfull residence when you sent your SET LR application. There is no need to worry about your college now. Relex and hope for the best.

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:20 pm

biometric Letter received today

Previous visa
Student ---PSW---Tier1 General

Application sent: 06-09-2013 Friday
Payment Method :Cheque
Application Received--09 sept 2013 (Morning 0900 hours) Monday
Payment Taken from bank-13 Sept-2013 Friday
Acknowledgement letter: 14 Sept 2013 (Dated 10 Sept 2013)
Biometrics letter received: 04 Oct 2013 (Dated 30 Sept 2013)
Biometrics enrolled:

Passports+docs
Biometric Card :

johnsonbaby
Newly Registered

Post by johnsonbaby » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:11 pm

iHope wrote:
johnsonbaby wrote:I need help please!!!
I have submitted my set(lr) form for 3 months up to right now.
But i received an email today which is my college decided remove the sponsorship of mine . In the meantime, allow me 60 days to find another college to sponsor or leave the uk. So far I haven't received any letter from ukba yet.
What should I do ? Does that will effect my set(lr) application?
Urgently!!!please help me!!!!
You have completed 10 years lawfull residence when you sent your SET LR application. There is no need to worry about your college now. Relex and hope for the best.
Thx. I hope I will be fine and fingers crossed!
All the best for u as well. U make me feel better.
I have nothing to do until decision to be make.
Anything happen further. I will back again. Lv this forum so much

asjid73
Pakistan

Re: ILR approved

Post by asjid73 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 pm

amjadleeds wrote:
asjid73 wrote:Hi every one
This is my time line
Applied on 19/04/2013
Acknowledge letter 24/04/2013
Biomatric invitation 09/05/2013
Biomatric did 15/05/2013
Passports & docs received 02/10/2013
BRP received 02/10/2013

I came to UK on 14/04/2003 and my last visa was expiring on 08/01/2013 which was PSW so i was short of about three months so i applied for Tier 1 Enterpanuer visa back in November 2012 my application was still pending with HO so asked to vary the grounds of application on 19/04/13 i used solicitor for my first application so he send ILR application as well (really waste of money using solicitor for LR ) on 28/06/2013 HO send a letter asking me which application i want to be considered replied them want ILR application to be considered which has been varied form Tier 1 application.
The only good thing my solicitor did is he wrote to HO for refund of fee because we need to pay only difference between two application he told me yesterday that refund has been processed and i am going to receive it very soon in the post All guys who asked for variation and paid full fee again good news for them :D will let you know once i got it
Best of luck who ever is waiting at the moment.
ASJID[/quo
Hi congratulation I m waiting from oct 12 just need your prayers .
Hi Amjad thanks mate Insha Allaha you will get your ILR very soon best of luck

asjid73
Pakistan

Post by asjid73 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:05 pm

sumbal wrote:hi every one , i came in last week of September 2003. .Currently my appeal is in the court so if you can guide me what i have to do first:-
can i withdraw the appeal and apply for ILR...or just apply for flr even they will VOID and refund my fees as well... .the questions are;-
1:- To withdraw appeal and then send a fresh application
or
2:- First to send a new application FOR ILR and then, when i receive acknowledgement letter then i have to withdraw THE APPEAL appeal.
3:-Whats the procedure to withdraw the appeal and how long it takes.
4:- Do i need any letter OF confirmation FOR withdrawal of appeal to send to home office with my application.(or after the acknowledgement letter if i withdraw after submitting ILR. thanks

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR TIME IN THIS REGARDS.
Hi sumbal read this pleas
tthe statement then goes on to deal with the procedure of dealing with applications under paragraph 134 which Miss Mason routinely deals with. At paragraph 11 she said that some applicants accrue a sufficient period of leave under section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971 whilst the appeal is pending. Those applicants do not need to apply for further leave. When sufficient leave has been accrued they withdraw their appeal and submit a new application for ILR under paragraph 134.
This paragraph is from one of ILR case which was heard in High court and paragraph is part of witness statement and Miss Mason is Home office case worker, you will be absolutely fine once you complete 10 years withdraw your appeal and put new application with in 28 days.May Allaha bless you.
you can withdraw your appeal by faxing request to appeal tribunal giving them your all details
ASjid

sameer_mqj
Newly Registered

Post by sameer_mqj » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:49 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
sameer_mqj wrote:Thankyou z18runway.

Vinny, can you please confirm if the dependents can travel with me or not with their Tier1 Visas.

Any help will really be appreciated.

1. My child is born in Uk last year and she has a Tier 1 Dependent visa expiring august 2014
. My wife who also holds the Tier 1 dependent visa until August 2014
Please read through this thread
Vinny wrote:I believe that if her leave hasn't been curtailed, then she may remain in the UK on it. However, if she travels, then she may be refused entry into the UK because of her change of circumstances (321A).

Different rules apply?

Therefore, ask the UKBA for written clarification if she wishes to travel.

Thankyou guys for your prompt reply,

I have now decided that i will apply for the FLR(m) for my wife.

1.Can i please ask you if my wife has to take Life in Uk Test as well as the English language test to submit along with Flr(m) application.
2.do i have to submit my passport and BRP with her application.
3.Could someone provide me the list of documents that i need to submit along with the spouse flr(m) application.

thankyou again for your advise and help.

woolf
Newly Registered

Post by woolf » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:37 am

ALHUMDULILLAH

Finally ILR ISSUED got my documents back after 6 months

dated 01 Oct 2013

waiting for BRP

Soban

Post by Soban » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:37 am

woolf wrote:ALHUMDULILLAH

dated 01 Oct 2013

waiting for BRP
Congrats mate. Did you contact your local mp to expedite the process?
--

rajiv.80
Newly Registered

Post by rajiv.80 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:09 pm

dated 01 Oct 2013

waiting for BRP
. Congratulations mate. When did you apply??

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:52 pm

biometric done in post office

Previous visa

Biometrics enrolled: 05 Oct 2013

Passports+docs received---
Biometric Card :

Please update skydrive

cheeta
Newly Registered

Post by cheeta » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:40 pm

dated 01 Oct 2013

waiting for BRP
Many congraltulations

m_n
Newly Registered

Old address

Post by m_n » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:48 pm

I have been living on my current address for less than 5 years, so I would have to give details of my last address in the application form. I am not sure about the date that I started living on my last address (lived there for 5 years), I remember the month and year but not the exact date.

Is it ok to write an approximate date and explain in the application?

In my last application I also gave details of the last address, if the dates on my SET(LR) application and my old application do not match, could there be an issue?

Best Regards

lucky13

Re: ILR approved

Post by lucky13 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:19 pm

asjid73 wrote:Hi every one
This is my time line
Applied on 19/04/2013
Acknowledge letter 24/04/2013
Biomatric invitation 09/05/2013
Biomatric did 15/05/2013
Passports & docs received 02/10/2013
BRP received 02/10/2013

I came to UK on 14/04/2003 and my last visa was expiring on 08/01/2013 which was PSW so i was short of about three months so i applied for Tier 1 Enterpanuer visa back in November 2012 my application was still pending with HO so asked to vary the grounds of application on 19/04/13 i used solicitor for my first application so he send ILR application as well (really waste of money using solicitor for LR ) on 28/06/2013 HO send a letter asking me which application i want to be considered replied them want ILR application to be considered which has been varied form Tier 1 application.
The only good thing my solicitor did is he wrote to HO for refund of fee because we need to pay only difference between two application he told me yesterday that refund has been processed and i am going to receive it very soon in the post All guys who asked for variation and paid full fee again good news for them :D will let you know once i got it
Best of luck who ever is waiting at the moment.
ASJID
Congratulations

lucky13

Post by lucky13 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:24 pm

dated 01 Oct 2013

waiting for BRP
Congratulations :D

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

ILR is under process

Post by amjadleeds » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:13 am

dated 01 Oct 2013

waiting for BRP
Hi mate

Congratulations on freedom. Just need your prayers waiting from OCt2012.

Regards
Amjad

mmc

Re: ILR is under process

Post by mmc » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:29 pm

Experts,
Time to apply for ILR on 10 years basis!

- Do I need an English language test ? (I will be applying around 15th of October and I have my Master degree from UK)

- If you can list a document that need to be sent with an application form ?

Any other tips, comments etc

Rgds
MMC
MMC

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Babz » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:44 pm

mmc wrote:Experts,

- Do I need an English language test ? (I will be applying around 15th of October and I have my Master degree from UK)

Rgds
MMC
I can confirm you need Life In The UK Test Certificate

mmc

Post by mmc » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:12 pm

Babz wrote:
mmc wrote:Experts,

Rgds
MMC
I can confirm you need Life In The UK Test Certificate

Thanks, I have already booked the test, but do I need Eng language test ?

Apart from the above doc, what other documents do I need to provide?

Thanks
MMC

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:13 pm

I have now decided that i will apply for the FLR(m) for my wife.
1.Can i please ask you if my wife has to take Life in Uk Test as well as the English language test to submit along with Flr(m) application.

Need English test
Yes
3.Could someone provide me the list of documents that i need to submit along with the spouse flr(m) application.
There is a very good source available called flr m guidance at UKBA website.

members

Post by members » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:12 pm

asjid73 wrote:
sumbal wrote:hi every one , i came in last week of September 2003. .Currently my appeal is in the court so if you can guide me what i have to do first:-
can i withdraw the appeal and apply for ILR...or just apply for flr even they will VOID and refund my fees as well... .the questions are;-
or
2:- First to send a new application FOR ILR and then, when i receive acknowledgement letter then i have to withdraw THE APPEAL appeal.
4:- Do i need any letter OF confirmation FOR withdrawal of appeal to send to home office with my application.(or after the acknowledgement letter if i withdraw after submitting ILR. thanks

tthe statement then goes on to deal with the procedure of dealing with applications under paragraph 134 which Miss Mason routinely deals with. At paragraph 11 she said that some applicants accrue a sufficient period of leave under section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971 whilst the appeal is pending. Those applicants do not need to apply for further leave. When sufficient leave has been accrued they withdraw their appeal and submit a new application for ILR under paragraph 134.
This paragraph is from one of ILR case which was heard in High court and paragraph is part of witness statement and Miss Mason is Home office case worker, you will be absolutely fine once you complete 10 years withdraw your appeal and put new application with in 28 days.May Allaha bless you.
you can withdraw your appeal by faxing request to appeal tribunal giving them your all details
ASjid
Dear asjid73,

Are you sure about this?
What about this paragraph (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary):

"A person may complete 10 years continuous lawful residence whilst they are awaiting the
outcome of an appeal and submit an application on this basis. Under sections 3C and 3D, it
is not possible to submit a new application while an appeal is outstanding. However, the
applicant can submit further grounds to be considered at appeal.
If the applicant has an outstanding appeal against a decision to refuse leave to remain or
indefinite leave to remain, and submits an application for long residence, you must void the
case and refund the fee. You must create a file or sub-file and mark it ‘PRIORITY’. You must
send the file or sub-file to the presenting officers unit (POU) dealing with the appeal. You
must send a letter to the applicant or their representative informing them their application
has been linked with their outstanding appeal." [Page 25/67 of the Guidance]

988trader
Newly Registered

Right to Work

Post by 988trader » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:22 pm

Hi all,
I have submitted my documents for ILR under the 10 years Long residence route. My current leave to remain is valid till 2016..
I am going for a job assessment and have been asked to bring documents to prove that I can legally work here in the UK.. however my documents are with the home office.. how can i prove that I am legally allowed to work here??? any one please
988trader

asjid73
Pakistan

Post by asjid73 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:44 pm

members wrote:
asjid73 wrote:
or

ASjid
Dear asjid73,

Are you sure about this?
What about this paragraph (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary):

"A person may complete 10 years continuous lawful residence whilst they are awaiting the
outcome of an appeal and submit an application on this basis. Under sections 3C and 3D, it
is not possible to submit a new application while an appeal is outstanding. However, the
applicant can submit further grounds to be considered at appeal.
If the applicant has an outstanding appeal against a decision to refuse leave to remain or
indefinite leave to remain, and submits an application for long residence, you must void the
case and refund the fee. You must create a file or sub-file and mark it ‘PRIORITY’. You must
send the file or sub-file to the presenting officers unit (POU) dealing with the appeal. You
must send a letter to the applicant or their representative informing them their application
has been linked with their outstanding appeal." [Page 25/67 of the Guidance]
Hi Sumbal I am 110% sure, paragraph you cited it says that you can not make new application when you have 3c leave so you can very that application which trigger 3c leave and this is easy and straightforward way and when we talk about 3d yes you cant not make any new application till your appeal is pending once you complete 10 years and withdraw your application you are free to make new application the only restriction is you have to make it in 28 days otherwise its going to be refused and what ever it says about void it will happen if you have appeal pending and try to send new application.The reference i gave you is from a case which was heard is high court and case worker gave evidence that once you complete the period in question you can withdraw your appeal and make new application for ILR and this is normal practice and we deal with it in routine.
My friend send a fax to tier 1 tribunal today for withdrawal appeal, once he got confirmation he is going to send his ILR application to HO i will put his detail on forum once he send his application.
ASjid

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Right to Work

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:49 pm

988trader wrote:Hi all,
I have submitted my documents for ILR under the 10 years Long residence route. My current leave to remain is valid till 2016..
I am going for a job assessment and have been asked to bring documents to prove that I can legally work here in the UK.. however my documents are with the home office.. how can i prove that I am legally allowed to work here??? any one please
988trader
Read through this post
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

sameer_mqj
Newly Registered

Post by sameer_mqj » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:22 am

z18runway wrote:I have now decided that i will apply for the FLR(m) for my wife.

Need English test
Yes
There is a very good source available called flr m guidance at UKBA website.
Another questions to the gurus.

My wife has a English languaage test certificate(PTE Academic) which is expiring on the 14/10/2013. Does her certificate has to be valid in order to submit?

thankyou in Advance.

suryavaddi

Indefinite Leave to Remain - 10 Years Long Residence

Post by suryavaddi » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:21 pm

Hi Esmi,

Is it based on 10 years or Tier1 General please? After submitted BRP when did you receive the passports + Biometric card?

esmsi wrote:biometric done in post office

Previous visa

Biometrics enrolled: 05 Oct 2013

Passports+docs received---
Biometric Card :

Please update skydrive
Surya