ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RANA-ALI

FLR(M) Questions

Post by RANA-ALI » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:18 am

Hello every one
Can any one plz suggest/advise what is english requirement to apply for spouse visa after 28 oct 13,
is it B1 or A1 , applying within uk (flrm)
Kind Regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:47 am

A1. B1 applied to settlement and naturalisation.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

RANA-ALI

Post by RANA-ALI » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:49 am

D4109125 wrote:A1. B1 applied to settlement and naturalisation.
Thanks v much for ur responce
So is that mean there is no requirement of english test for spouse visa ?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:53 am

An A1 English requirement is required for spouse leave (click) unless exempt. :shock:
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:40 am

RANA-ALI wrote:Hello every one .
i am really desperate to get advise regarding filling my Wife's FLR(M) application form , she is my Dependent since 2009 on tier4 then tier 1 , i am planning to apply Set LR for my self in few days time, at the moment i have applied my tier2 g along with my wife , which is pending
i m so sorry its a list of question , i will be really grateful if u could help me with questions ,even if u don't know all answer, plz help me with the one u certain about .
questions

3.3 Nationality - please indicate if your sponsor has dual nationality or if they have ever held any other nationality or
nationalities=== (are they asking about my(sponsor's) current nationality?)

3.15 If your sponsor was not British from birth, when did your sponsor obtain settlement?=====(by the time we submitting this application Insha Allah i would have sent mine Set LR , so what should we write?)

6.21 Have you lived with your sponsor since your marriage/civil partnership?=== our Nikah was in Pakistan and then i came back in U.K after few days (do i have to explain this in app)
6.23 What type of ceremony was your wedding/civil partnership==== (what should i write (it was a Nikkah)

6.33 Do you and your sponsor have any shared financial responsibilities?=====(what does this mean )

on page 15
Add all addresses you have lived at in the 2 years preceding this application if you are applying as an unmarried
partner or same-gender partner and have lived at your current address with your sponsor for less than 2 years.===(does my wife have to fill this or from my understanding its only should fill by unmarried partners?

7.10 If you have answered no to question 7.9 on what basis does your sponsor occupy this property e.g rented, owned by a
parent?===(tenancy agreement is under my brother name and i am sharing with him and paying less then half of the rent , what should i write>)
7.12 How many other rooms are in the property (NOT including Spam, bathrooms and toilets)? are they asking about living room then?

9.4 Please give the details specified below in each case. If you need more space, continue on a separate sheet and enclose it with this application form.
( detail when the bio metric done , what if we cant remember the exact date , it was given three times?)

10.11. How long have you lived in the UK? Years Months
Please provide details of any periods of absence of more than 6 months during that time.
so if the absence is less then 6 month we dont have to fill above question ?
please help me with above questions ...really really confused and not much time left

Kind Regards
Rana

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:47 am

D4109125 wrote:
RANA-ALI wrote:Hello every one .
i am really desperate to get advise regarding filling my Wife's FLR(M) application form , she is my Dependent since 2009 on tier4 then tier 1 , i am planning to apply Set LR for my self in few days time, at the moment i have applied my tier2 g along with my wife , which is pending
i m so sorry its a list of question , i will be really grateful if u could help me with questions ,even if u don't know all answer, plz help me with the one u certain about .
questions

3.3 Nationality - please indicate if your sponsor has dual nationality or if they have ever held any other nationality or
nationalities=== (are they asking about my(sponsor's) current nationality?)

Yes.

3.15 If your sponsor was not British from birth, when did your sponsor obtain settlement?=====(by the time we submitting this application Insha Allah i would have sent mine Set LR , so what should we write?)

To be decided, see cover.

6.21 Have you lived with your sponsor since your marriage/civil partnership?=== our Nikah was in Pakistan and then i came back in U.K after few days (do i have to explain this in app)

Yes, but for x days.

6.23 What type of ceremony was your wedding/civil partnership==== (what should i write (it was a Nikkah)

Nikkah?

6.33 Do you and your sponsor have any shared financial responsibilities?=====(what does this mean )

Do you both pay any household bills/mortgage ect....?

on page 15
Add all addresses you have lived at in the 2 years preceding this application if you are applying as an unmarried
partner or same-gender partner and have lived at your current address with your sponsor for less than 2 years.===(does my wife have to fill this or from my understanding its only should fill by unmarried partners?

Your understanding is correct.

7.10 If you have answered no to question 7.9 on what basis does your sponsor occupy this property e.g rented, owned by a
parent?===(tenancy agreement is under my brother name and i am sharing with him and paying less then half of the rent , what should i write>)

Family rented property (get letter from landlord to say it's ok).

7.12 How many other rooms are in the property (NOT including Spam, bathrooms and toilets)? are they asking about living room then?

Yes.

9.4 Please give the details specified below in each case. If you need more space, continue on a separate sheet and enclose it with this application form.
( detail when the bio metric done , what if we cant remember the exact date , it was given three times?)

Doesn't matter just put approx.

10.11. How long have you lived in the UK? Years Months
Please provide details of any periods of absence of more than 6 months during that time.
so if the absence is less then 6 month we dont have to fill above question ?
please help me with above questions ...really really confused and not much time left

No.

Kind Regards
Rana

RANA-ALI

Post by RANA-ALI » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:52 pm

Thank you so much for ur reply Amber
so for the question

6.23 should i write Nikkah ceremony ?

6.33 i pay all the bills ? so what should i write?

page 15 , for previous address (from ur reply i should leave it empty ?)

for the absence , because my wife never away for more then 6 month so i should leave it empty as well
another question
as u aware i will be varying her application as well to FLR(M) should i use the change of circumstance form or just cover letter will be enough. and also where it ask in FLR m form about BRP and Passport, should i just write under question that its with Home office along with previous application ?
at last but not least just for my peace of mind
do u think i Can vary my application to SET LR 28 before reaching my 10 year time and very next day with my special delivery ref, varying my wife's application to flr m from tier 2 dependent? is it right thing to do
and also should i just pay full fee for both application to avoid confusion?
sorry i have asked so many question but only few days left to file these applications i m starting to panic again ,
hope to hear from you or any other member of this forum in similar situation.... thanks very much for every one's help
God bless you
Kind Regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:37 am

RANA-ALI wrote:Thank you so much for ur reply Amber
so for the question

6.23 should i write Nikkah ceremony ?

I would think so, I gather this was a Pakistan marriage.

6.33 i pay all the bills ? so what should i write?

Then no.

page 15 , for previous address (from ur reply i should leave it empty ?)

You should state any addresses you have had.

for the absence , because my wife never away for more then 6 month so i should leave it empty as well

For that question yes, however, you may want to include absences in 6.9.

another question
as u aware i will be varying her application as well to FLR(M) should i use the change of circumstance form or just cover letter will be enough. and also where it ask in FLR m form about BRP and Passport, should i just write under question that its with Home office along with previous application ?
at last but not least just for my peace of mind
do u think i Can vary my application to SET LR 28 before reaching my 10 year time and very next day with my special delivery ref, varying my wife's application to flr m from tier 2 dependent? is it right thing to do
and also should i just pay full fee for both application to avoid confusion?
sorry i have asked so many question but only few days left to file these applications i m starting to panic again ,
hope to hear from you or any other member of this forum in similar situation.... thanks very much for every one's help
God bless you
Kind Regards

Yes you can vary from 28 days before you qualify, when varying include the cover letter requesting a variation with the other application acknowledgement reference number, they should only debit the fee difference, if any.

RANA-ALI

Post by RANA-ALI » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:59 pm

Hi amber and all memebers
Thank u so much for ur valuable input
Kindly plz tell me if i need to send
6 month bank statment
6 month payslips
Also as u might aware that im varying my tier 2 application to ilr(lr)
I have to vary my wife's tier 2 dependant to flr(m) plus asking them to hold her application untill mine is decided , do u think thats the only and best option left for her, or is there any other way to sort her visa out? as it seems to complicated to me , dont know abt case worker if they see it the way im seeing this secanrio . It dont look straight forward , sooo confused , i tried to find a cover letter which i can use to cover her scanrio
I ll be really grateful if u could give us any link or any one previuosly in smae situation could help me with this
Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:25 pm

3 months wage-slips and corresponding bank statements for FLR(M) under the old rules. It's your only option if you are applying for SET(LR). Unless you qualify for PBS SET(O) in which case you could apply together.