ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

11akb

Post by 11akb » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:06 pm

rina wrote:
ontothenext wrote:
ale001 wrote:FLRo Application, 1 year and 6 month, still counting! :( :( :(
wow, that's ridiculously long. I hope you get a response soon. Have you involved your mp?
If its any consolation, I have been waiting 17 months FLR(O).
What grounds did you apply on if you dont mind me asking? I applied on private life and family in UK but no kids or husband.
16 months without any result and waiting and in last letter they wrote that they will deal by 6 december :x

alina143

Ho contact number

Post by alina143 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:23 am

Hi will it be to early to check up on an application bio metric done on 26sep

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:05 am

11akb wrote:
rina wrote:
ontothenext wrote:
wow, that's ridiculously long. I hope you get a response soon. Have you involved your mp?
What grounds did you apply on if you dont mind me asking? I applied on private life and family in UK but no kids or husband.
16 months without any result and waiting and in last letter they wrote that they will deal by 6 december :x

Wow you were given a date, thats more than we've got. I pray for you they keep their promise.
Its just ridiculous how long we have to wait... :cry:

Muffin007
Nigeria

granted flr(o)

Post by Muffin007 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:43 am

hello all
want to inform you that my solicitor calle dtoday and told me they have granted me 2.5yrs .I thank you guys so much for the advice i ahd been reading here . it gave me so muc confidence, though no one really replied me when i asked questions but i do understand.
My timeline:

Applied; 05/08/2013
Bio letter received; 20/08/2013
Bio done: 02/09/2013
Requested for more docs: 18/09/2013
granted FLR: 04/10/2013

Thanks so much guys and may God grant you your replies as soon as.
warm kisses to verbina..you are so sweet

GodGives
Member of Standing

Re: granted flr(o)

Post by GodGives » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:45 am

Muffin007 wrote:hello all
want to inform you that my solicitor calle dtoday and told me they have granted me 2.5yrs .I thank you guys so much for the advice i ahd been reading here . it gave me so muc confidence, though no one really replied me when i asked questions but i do understand.
My timeline:

Applied; 05/08/2013
Bio done: 02/09/2013u

Congratulations muffin
Godgives

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:53 am

My timeline:

Applied; 05/08/2013

Awwwh congratulations darling !! Marvelous news!! Stay blessed!!! Xxxx
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:31 am

@muffin007 i rejoice with you...congrats

majojo

Post by majojo » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:14 pm

My timeline:

Applied; 05/08/2013

Congrats dear one. Happy for you please if I maya ask what documents did they request for again??

ale001

Post by ale001 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:57 pm

rina wrote:
ontothenext wrote:
Same as u. My application was returned 3 times, and finally accepted. Now its 1 year and 6 month. Last time i heard from them was about 2 to 3 months ago when they said my application looks to them as if am claiming a protection and they asked me to choose an option either i should go seek asylum before 8th August 2013 or if not they will go ahead and decided my application base on article 8 rights. Since then i never hear from them. My MP stop responding. I contacted the Ombudsman no response too. So finger crossed and hope on God :( :(
Ale001

Muffin007
Nigeria

Post by Muffin007 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:02 pm

thanks guys
@majojo they asked for my daughters british passport even though i included teh birth cert and proof that the application was with the passport office an dtehy asked me to write a letter to them to confirm my living arrangements with my child before considering my application.
i replied that i was working full time though teh reply was drafted by my layer for me and sent out

ontothenext
Newly Registered

Post by ontothenext » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:19 pm

Muffin007 wrote:thanks guys
@majojo they asked for my daughters british passport even though i included teh birth cert and proof that the application was with the passport office an dtehy asked me to write a letter to them to confirm my living arrangements with my child before considering my application.
i replied that i was working full time though teh reply was drafted by my layer for me and sent out
Hi, glad to know that you have been granted.
- Could you please confirm if this was a fresh application or an extension; did you have any sort of status before you made an application
- Secondly, were you able to eventually send your child's British passport or did you send the passport of the British Parent? Just wondering how you were able to get around their request for your daughter's British Passport.
Thanks

majojo

Post by majojo » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:24 pm

glad to hear that am so happy for you i pray all if us will get our status soon. This whole wait is frustrating really. I was told I will get a decesion end of last month but nothing yet. Now my employers r asking for my visa as I am only allowed to to temporary full time since I was on student visa . God is good. He has brought all of us this far he will see us through it.

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:35 pm

I have been waiting for 18months now :x

Last letter says they will give me a feedback by 2nd week in November :?

ale001 wrote:
rina wrote:
ontothenext wrote:
Same as u. My application was returned 3 times, and finally accepted. Now its 1 year and 6 month. Last time i heard from them was about 2 to 3 months ago when they said my application looks to them as if am claiming a protection and they asked me to choose an option either i should go seek asylum before 8th August 2013 or if not they will go ahead and decided my application base on article 8 rights. Since then i never hear from them. My MP stop responding. I contacted the Ombudsman no response too. So finger crossed and hope on God :( :(
FLR(O) private life/parent of BC
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
Further info requested - Apr2013
Decision - Refused Nov2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:35 pm

ale001 wrote:
rina wrote:
ontothenext wrote:

@ale001 Am telling you I just leave everything to God now. I called HO and someone said apparently its been worked on that's if they were sincere but the truth is there is so much man can do so like I said lets leave it to God. I truly feel we should get a response soon.

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:40 pm

ThisYear wrote:I have been waiting for 18months now :x

ale001 wrote:
rina wrote:
ontothenext wrote:
1 month more than me as truly thought I was the longest on here. I hope no one says they have been waiting for 2 years as I shall faint :cry:
Well a few weeks till Nov so lets wait and see if they keep their promise.
I personally think if they keep asking for info etc at least you have some form of commmunication with them which cant be a bad thing surely so hang in there.

ale001

Post by ale001 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:58 pm

rina wrote:

ale001 wrote:
rina wrote:
1 month more than me as truly thought I was the longest on here. I hope no one says they have been waiting for 2 years as I shall faint :cry:
I personally think if they keep asking for info etc at least you have some form of commmunication with them which cant be a bad thing surely so hang in there.
I just hope they'll grant me as am really scared :wink:
Ale001

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:12 pm

Congratulations muffin007. HO served you well. Wishing you a very bright future ahead along with your beautiful family.

Verbina, good job for being the best seller of the novel you published to the case worker and cutting off the middle man and also involving your daughter. You know the powerful words of a kid goes a long way to melting the heart of a case worker (fingers crossed she is a wonderful mother with a heart of gold). My prayers are with you. It will be nice to close off this year with all of us off this forum. I pray it will be so by the special annointed grace of God.

Muffin007
Nigeria

Post by Muffin007 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:17 pm

@ontothenext..it was a fresh application.i had alraedy submitted teh british passport of my child before the request letter came so i guess teh caseworker had written teh letter ebfore i posted it.i also gave my lawyer the passport page of her dad but im not sure if he actually sent it but i would advise you put it in ur application.

@majojo my emploeyrs wanted to terminate my contract but becaus ethey are aware of ECS they verified i could continue working since i made an intime application from PSW.

It is well

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:20 pm

ale001 wrote:
rina wrote:
ontothenext wrote:
Shame really. Not even "we will respond by" but a feedback. I guess the end of summer statement was complete bull. Well we are all waiting and by the grace of God we will not wait in vain. I really need a job so bad . I was gonna go for an outing this weekend only to realise I was the new michael jackson in my village. Out grown clothings. Well Rina and ale001, let us all hang in there, delay is not denial. Just as joshua brought down the walls of jericho, we shall prevail and win.

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:23 pm

dapsonlee wrote:

ale001 wrote:
rina wrote:
Shame really. Not even "we will respond by" but a feedback. I guess the end of summer statement was complete bull. Well we are all waiting and by the grace of God we will not wait in vain. I really need a job so bad . I was gonna go for an outing this weekend only to realise I was the new michael jackson in my village. Out grown clothings. Well Rina and ale001, let us all hang in there, delay is not denial. Just as joshua brought down the walls of jericho, we shall prevail and win.

AMEN TO THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:25 pm

ale001 wrote:
rina wrote:

ale001 wrote:
I just hope they'll grant me as am really scared :wink:

Faith is all we have and with that I pray you are granted dear... :)

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:25 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
Congratulations muffin007. HO served you well. Wishing you a very bright future ahead along with your beautiful family.

Verbina, good job for being the best seller of the novel you published to the case worker and cutting off the middle man and also involving your daughter. You know the powerful words of a kid goes a long way to melting the heart of a case worker (fingers crossed she is a wonderful mother with a heart of gold). My prayers are with you. It will be nice to close off this year with all of us off this forum. I pray it will be so by the special annointed grace of God.
Haha I wish my daughter mentioned any of these ( wonderful mother, heart of gold). Instead she said she would like to "Firmly argue against you deporting my mother.... " then proceeds to list her academic achievements at school and describe her glowing future prospects. At the end she goes into detail to explain that me being deported will infringe her human rights lol! I have no idea where she got that human rights stuff from, but the letter is very very intense ..... Hmmm if it doesnt work, the effect could be quite the opposite

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:29 pm

verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

Haha I wish my daughter mentioned any of these ( wonderful mother, heart of gold). Instead she said she would like to "Firmly argue against you deporting my mother.... " then proceeds to list her academic achievements at school and describe her glowing future prospects. At the end she goes into detail to explain that me being reported will infringe her human rights lol! I have no idea where she got that human rights stuff from, but the letter is very very intense ..... Hmmm if it doesnt work, the effect could be quite the opposite
@verbina With a heart like yours from the little time I have known you, I see nothing but good things coming and cant wait to hear you tell us all about it. :)

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:42 pm

rina wrote:
verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

Haha I wish my daughter mentioned any of these ( wonderful mother, heart of gold). Instead she said she would like to "Firmly argue against you deporting my mother.... " then proceeds to list her academic achievements at school and describe her glowing future prospects. At the end she goes into detail to explain that me being reported will infringe her human rights lol! I have no idea where she got that human rights stuff from, but the letter is very very intense ..... Hmmm if it doesnt work, the effect could be quite the opposite
@verbina With a heart like yours from the little time I have known you, I see nothing but good things coming and cant wait to hear you tell us all about it. :)
Awwwh you re way too kind luv!! I think all of us here deserve only good things from HO!! Lets just hope things will improve soon and those of us still waiting will get the good news and those recently refused will get a favourable outcome from their JR or reconsideration letters!! God help us!!!

Muffin007
Nigeria

Post by Muffin007 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:09 pm

i just love Verbina!!Shes an inspiration...