ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cheeta
Newly Registered

10 years long residence.

Post by cheeta » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:23 pm

By the grace of All Mighty Allah, I have received my ILR approval letter and BRP today. I thank all those who helped me with their valued advises. My timeline is as follow:

First application Tier 4 student. 23rd January 2013
varied application to ILR. 18th March 2013
Bio done 5th April 2013
Approval letter received. 8th October 2013
BRP received. 8 October 2013

But I did not received the current valid passport and other documents which were submitted along with Tier 4 application. Please someone guide me what I need to do to get those documents back as ILR department has returned all my documents.

I pray for all those whose are waiting, its been a very stressful wait for all of us. Allah bless u all.

Soban

Re: 10 years long residence.

Post by Soban » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:49 pm

cheeta wrote:By the grace of All Mighty Allah, I have received my ILR approval letter and BRP today. I thank all those who helped me with their valued advises. My timeline is as follow:

Bio done 5th April 2013

But I did not received the current valid passport and other documents which were submitted along with Tier 4 application. Please someone guide me what I need to do to get those documents back as ILR department has returned all my documents.

I pray for all those whose are waiting, its been a very stressful wait for all of us. Allah bless u all.
Congrats mate!
--

rajiv.80
Newly Registered

Post by rajiv.80 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:29 pm

Alhamdulillah by the grace of almighty Allah I received my ILR today. Very thankful to everyone of this page. My timeline is : Application submitted: 02/05/2013. Acknowledgement letter received: 07/05/2013. Biometric enrolled: 20/05/2013. Approval letter and documents received: 08/10/2013. BRP: on the way by DX. Total waiting time 23 weeks. 5 monts 6 days. My prayers and best wishes foll all the friends who are waiting for their ILR. Pls be patient it will come definetely ing sha Allah.....

Soban

Post by Soban » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:34 pm

rajiv.80 wrote:Alhamdulillah by the grace of almighty Allah I received my ILR today. Very thankful to everyone of this page. My timeline is : Application submitted: 02/05/2013. Acknowledgement letter received: 07/05/2013. Biometric enrolled: 20/05/2013. Approval letter and documents received: 08/10/2013. BRP: on the way by DX. Total waiting time 23 weeks. 5 monts 6 days. My prayers and best wishes foll all the friends who are waiting for their ILR. Pls be patient it will come definetely ing sha Allah.....
Congras Rajiv, it's been a great day. 2 approvals! Keep em coming!
--

xshayaanx

Post by xshayaanx » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:35 pm

The good thing is we have started to see May's application coming. I think the average process time is between 20-24 weeks. Lets hope they speed it up!
Soban wrote:
rajiv.80 wrote:Alhamdulillah by the grace of almighty Allah I received my ILR today. Very thankful to everyone of this page. My timeline is : Application submitted: 02/05/2013. Acknowledgement letter received: 07/05/2013. Biometric enrolled: 20/05/2013. Approval letter and documents received: 08/10/2013. BRP: on the way by DX. Total waiting time 23 weeks. 5 monts 6 days. My prayers and best wishes foll all the friends who are waiting for their ILR. Pls be patient it will come definetely ing sha Allah.....
Congras Rajiv, it's been a great day. 2 approvals! Keep em coming!
Applied 17-12-13
Forwarded to BHC 03-01-14
Waiting...

asjid73
Pakistan

Post by asjid73 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:24 pm

cheeta wrote:By the grace of All Mighty Allah, I have received my ILR approval letter and BRP today. I thank all those who helped me with their valued advises. My timeline is as follow:

Bio done 5th April 2013

congratulation mate you should have received them together i did receive them together may be call HO
ASJID

asjid73
Pakistan

Post by asjid73 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:25 pm

congratulation mate your wait is over now
ASJID

Benito

Post by Benito » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:54 pm

Bio done 5th April 2013

Congratulations, all the best!

Benito

Post by Benito » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:59 pm

Congratulations, best of luck! It's good that May applicants are started to receive their approvals, can't wait to get mine too)))

woolf
Newly Registered

thank you every one

Post by woolf » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:35 pm

thanks every one , i got my BRP Yesterday, there is an expire date on ILR why

ILR applied on 30 march 2013
ILR issued on 01 October 2013

no i didn't went to MP

i Hope and Prey and all the best for everyone

Soban

Re: thank you every one

Post by Soban » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:40 pm

woolf wrote:thanks every one , i got my BRP Yesterday, there is an expire date on ILR why

no i didn't went to MP

What is the expiry date?
--

sajjadsadia
Newly Registered

Post by sajjadsadia » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:00 pm

Hi someone help me plz .my son and daughter biomatric card for ilr recieved 17 august but still waiting for passports our solicitors doing nothing for it plz help what we can do home office 08706067766 i tried this no but i think it is for information only. Thanks

m_n
Newly Registered

Re: Old address

Post by m_n » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:50 pm

m_n wrote:I have been living on my current address for less than 5 years, so I would have to give details of my last address in the application form. I am not sure about the date that I started living on my last address (lived there for 5 years), I remember the month and year but not the exact date.

Is it ok to write an approximate date and explain in the application?

In my last application I also gave details of the last address, if the dates on my SET(LR) application and my old application do not match, could there be an issue?

Best Regards
Any one?

Soban

Re: Old address

Post by Soban » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:45 pm

m_n wrote:
m_n wrote:I have been living on my current address for less than 5 years, so I would have to give details of my last address in the application form. I am not sure about the date that I started living on my last address (lived there for 5 years), I remember the month and year but not the exact date.

Is it ok to write an approximate date and explain in the application?

In my last application I also gave details of the last address, if the dates on my SET(LR) application and my old application do not match, could there be an issue?

Best Regards
Any one?
Don't see it as much of an issue. Just write the month and the year along with a note saying you can't remember the exact date.
--

Soban

Post by Soban » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:46 pm

sajjadsadia wrote:Hi someone help me plz .my son and daughter biomatric card for ilr recieved 17 august but still waiting for passports our solicitors doing nothing for it plz help what we can do home office 08706067766 i tried this no but i think it is for information only. Thanks
Try writing to the case worker who was dealing with your application. The HO letter would have the address
--

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:16 am

Bio done 5th April 2013

congrats cheeta, did you do biom for your Tier 4 application too or did you do biom only for your ILR application? thanks
N/A

olooeve
Newly Registered

Post by olooeve » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:20 am

Benito wrote:

Bio done 5th April 2013

I pray for all those whose are waiting, its been a very stressful wait for all of us. bless u all.
On 11 april, acknowledged on 18 april. Mid may biometrIc done. Ilr came today but ni passport and supporting documents. The biometric letter says I should have received them but not yet. My last visa was student. I hope those still waiting get their ILR soon.

olooeve
Newly Registered

Post by olooeve » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:34 am

Hi, glory to God I just received ILR today 8th pplication was done on 11th April , acknowleded on 18 April , biometric mid may. I came in jan 2003, on student visa for six years, two years psw and two student visa. My last visa was student.
I got the biometric with a letter saying I should ve received my document , but I did not get it yet.
I pray for those still waiting for good thingd happen to those who wait. Thanks for a great forum.

asjid73
Pakistan

Re: thank you every one

Post by asjid73 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:20 pm

woolf wrote:thanks every one , i got my BRP Yesterday, there is an expire date on ILR why

no i didn't went to MP

Your BRP is valid for ten years after that need renewal because your appearance may be change

maphubs
Newly Registered

Latest Home office FOI response of LR applications

Post by maphubs » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:50 pm

Dear All,

I placed this request on 5th September 2013. This data summaries Home office approach and progress of processing 10 years LR applications by comparing their 2 years of performance. You all can apply basic arithmetic and deduce relevant information.

FOI response is accessible at the following link,
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s6u8arkplceej ... _28880.pdf

Thanks,
A

cheeta
Newly Registered

Post by cheeta » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:11 pm

Tier 4 wrote:

Bio done 5th April 2013

congrats cheeta, did you do biom for your Tier 4 application too or did you do biom only for your ILR application? thanks
I did bio for both applications, but my Tier 4 visa was refused on 22nd April by case worker which was a mistake on her part as I had already submitted ILR application on 18th March.

maphubs
Newly Registered

Re: Right to Work

Post by maphubs » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:05 pm

988trader wrote:Hi all,
I have submitted my documents for ILR under the 10 years Long residence route. My current leave to remain is valid till 2016..
I am going for a job assessment and have been asked to bring documents to prove that I can legally work here in the UK.. however my documents are with the home office.. how can i prove that I am legally allowed to work here??? any one please
988trader
Provide them right to work copies, application acknowledgement letter and a contact number of UKBA where they enquire about your current right to work. There is a dedicated number for employers to enquire directly from UKBA new or old employees current immigration status.

988trader
Newly Registered

Re: Right to Work

Post by 988trader » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:32 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
988trader wrote:Hi all,
I have submitted my documents for ILR under the 10 years Long residence route. My current leave to remain is valid till 2016..
I am going for a job assessment and have been asked to bring documents to prove that I can legally work here in the UK.. however my documents are with the home office.. how can i prove that I am legally allowed to work here??? any one please
988trader
Read through this post
==========================================
Many thanks Damanisshallo, thats what I told them. Maphubs thanks for your response too
trader98

sherkhanawan
Newly Registered

tax related issued

Post by sherkhanawan » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:54 am

Hi every one and the seniors
I have applied for ILR on 10 year basis in 2nd september have done my biometircs but my issue is i didnt submit my tax returns in time but i have them now in july but i have been fined for sending late returns for last 2 years and they fined me 1800 for not submitting in time
can you guys advice me what shall i do now regarding the fine i have already submited the tax returns
plz will this affect my application???

Soban

Post by Soban » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:29 pm

Hi everyone,

I need some urgent advice. I am on the brink of losing my job because the HO has told my employer I don't have the right to work.

I have been in the uk for 10 years. The previous visa I held was a PSW which was valid till the end of June. Before te expiration of it, I applied for further leave to remain using the FLR O form (04/2013 version). As I had a shortfall of 10 weeks till the completion of my 10 years, the idea was to submit a FLR O application and then vary it 28 days before the completion of 10 years.

Unfortunately, my FLR application was deemed invalid by the HO on 31st of July. As they didn't submit the letter of invalidity to me till mid September, I varied what I thought was a pending application on the 7th of August by submitting set LR application.

The reason for classifying my FLR applicTion as invalid was that the HO claims I didn't use the correct version of the form. This shouldn't be the case as I did infact use the latest version of the form.

My employer queried my work status with the HO, who have responded by saying that even though I have an applicTion outstanding I can't work as this application was made after the expiration of my previous visa. This shouldn't have been the case as my previous app shouldn't have been classed as invalid. But it was and as I submitted my ILR app 7 days after the letter of invalidity, they are treating the ILR app as out of time.

I don't know what I can do to save my job. My contract will be terminated next week if I don't get this sorted. What are my options? Can anyone help

Thanks
--