ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right of Abode application from Pakistan

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Right of Abode application from Pakistan

Post by lynxukauq » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:22 pm

Hi

I am a British citizen otherwise then by descent and my daughter was born in Lahore. She acquired british citizenship under section 2(1)(a) of BNA 1981 and as such I had two option for her

1. Either apply for her British Passport or
2. Apply for Certificate of Entitlement to Right of Abode

I opted for option 2 as option 1 was taking minimum of 6 month time from Pakistan. The application form and supporting documents were pretty straightforward. Gerry's in Lahore were giving incorrect information to me that my daughter cannot apply under this category and have to go through settlement route, which is a bit nonsense because how can a person apply for settlement application when he/she is already a british citizen.

Anyways they took the application and submitted to BHC, Islamabad. Alhamdolillah received stamp in her passport in 2 weeks.

Timeline
Application submitted : 19/09/13
Application forwarded: 20/09/13
Under process: 01/10/13
RFC: 07/10/13

Please note if anyone applies under such category, don't listen to Gerry's, just apply with correct form and supporting documents.

Regards

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:58 am

That's good news lynxukauq.

Fatimadeel
Newly Registered

Re: Right of Abode application from Pakistan

Post by Fatimadeel » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:51 pm

can u please tell me what docs u have attached? my wife is by birth British by son is born in pakistan and she wants to go back urgently but the passport procedure is too long can you please tell me how can i apply for that and what documents i need