ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish embassy asking proof of ticket and boarding pass

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mdaudkhan

Irish embassy asking proof of ticket and boarding pass

Post by mdaudkhan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:30 pm

Hi, please can any body help me what to do.
I m British citizen my family have applied for non EEA family visa. I am moving to Ireland and my wife ll join me there.as some one told me that according to EEA law there is not condition that first I move to Ireland.My wife has aapplied EEA application joining family visa from Pakistan. After 4 weeks irish embassy asking proof that they want to see my ticket and boarding pass that I have moved in Ireland. As I knew there is no any law that they ask about that. I was waiting their visa decision then I will move to Ireland. Is there any link or guide line which can help me In this matter. What I should do.pleas let me know I have to reply them ASAP. Thanks

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:04 pm

Your wife's entitlement for that visa is linked to the fact that she will be joining you in Ireland (or traveling with you there. They are entitled to request some kind of proof that you will be in Ireland, when she is traveling. Have you provided them with a booking confirmation for your flight?

mdaudkhan

Post by mdaudkhan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:33 pm

Thanks for your response. I haven't given any booking to them just told that as they ll get visa I ll move there.what you advise me what to do.shall I book my ticket and show them I am moving on that date?

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:07 pm

You should double check with them why they asked for boarding pass (this doesn't make sense), but yes the booking confirmation makes sense and I think they are entitled to ask for that. If it is clear that all they want is a booking confirmation, I think you will have to book your ticket to get the visa.

mdaudkhan

Post by mdaudkhan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:10 pm

Ok thanks for your help.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:16 pm

I was in the same position as you.

They asked me round-trip flight ticket for non-EU family member. We told them its not required then they didnt say anything and gave us 90 days C type visa.

But asking boarding pass is a bit too much. I hope they haven't made it more strict now.

But dont worry, in the end your family will get visa, just hold on and be patient.

mdaudkhan

Post by mdaudkhan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:26 pm

Thanks for your post.but I applied for d category.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:01 pm

I applied for D catergory also in my original visa application, but they have crossed it and changed it to C type. They told me for D type i need to submit employment contract, tax forms, etc from the spouse working in Ireland.
mdaudkhan wrote:Thanks for your post.but I applied for d category.