ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:31 pm

verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
Muffin007 wrote:thanks guys
@majojo they asked for my daughters british passport even though i included teh birth cert and proof that the application was with the passport office an dtehy asked me to write a letter to them to confirm my living arrangements with my child before considering my application.
i replied that i was working full time though teh reply was drafted by my layer for me and sent out
Congratulations muffin007. HO served you well. Wishing you a very bright future ahead along with your beautiful family.

Verbina, good job for being the best seller of the novel you published to the case worker and cutting off the middle man and also involving your daughter. You know the powerful words of a kid goes a long way to melting the heart of a case worker (fingers crossed she is a wonderful mother with a heart of gold). My prayers are with you. It will be nice to close off this year with all of us off this forum. I pray it will be so by the special annointed grace of God.
Haha I wish my daughter mentioned any of these ( wonderful mother, heart of gold). Instead she said she would like to "Firmly argue against you deporting my mother.... " then proceeds to list her academic achievements at school and describe her glowing future prospects. At the end she goes into detail to explain that me being deported will infringe her human rights lol! I have no idea where she got that human rights stuff from, but the letter is very very intense ..... Hmmm if it doesnt work, the effect could be quite the opposite
Like mother, like daughter lol. If she can write that at her age, i will love to see what she will when she probably end up being a lawyer lol. They really grow up too fast these days. Well if it does not work, i wanna then believe all those case workers are not humans but manufactured robots. fingers crossed. i trust you to have notified your MP, i am sure he will be compelled to act upon that as well. Fingers crossed you are another step closer. (15 congratulatory thread messages await you.)

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:21 pm

Congrats Muffin007 - the sky is the limit.

Hang in there people the tide will turn in our favour soon. Verbina ditto here, I wish nothing but the best for you dear friend, Like many have said you're destined for many good things ahead.
Dapsonlee is a trend setter he will be bringing back the lederhosen back to fashion lol!!!!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:29 pm

@dapsonlee
@believe

Thanks guys!!! We ll see what happens next!!!

Heeeheee dapsonlee brings lederhosen back in fashion :P too funneee!!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

alina143

Ho asked for more documents

Post by alina143 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:30 pm

Hi all hope all are well just wanted to know ho have asked for more documents but the thing is i dont have my kids passports never got around making them they are all british born as im british they dad is pakistani if i dont have what will happen ???

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:06 pm

Congrats Muffin007. Wish you all the best. Welcome to those who are new to the forum. Last but not least , hi to everyone else who wisely contributes to this forum. You know who you are!!! Lol!! @Verbina, I have heard that judges do take into consideration the views of children,so hang in there.

Not a lot to contribute today except an interesting judgement, linked below, which might be of interest with regards to the new rules and judges interpreting the law.

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2013/1192.html.

Have a read and let me know your interpretation of that judgement.

GodGives
Member of Standing

Re: Ho asked for more documents

Post by GodGives » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:17 pm

alina143 wrote:Hi all hope all are well just wanted to know ho have asked for more documents but the thing is i dont have my kids passports never got around making them they are all british born as im british they dad is pakistani if i dont have what will happen ???
Its best you send their birth certificates and a letter explaining they dont have bristish passport yet but u are in the process of getting them one. Explain u are british pro send ur passport too. Start the process now and then hopefully before they make a decision u would have got there passports. Once you have that send it to the homeoffice.

All the best
Godgives

alina143

Post by alina143 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:57 pm

GodGives wrote:
alina143 wrote:Hi all hope all are well just wanted to know ho have asked for more documents but the thing is i dont have my kids passports never got around making them they are all british born as im british they dad is pakistani if i dont have what will happen ???
Its best you send their birth certificates and a letter explaining they dont have bristish passport yet but u are in the process of getting them one. Explain u are british pro send ur passport too. Start the process now and then hopefully before they make a decision u would have got there passports. Once you have that send it to the homeoffice.

All the best
Thank you for ur reply il do that

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:00 pm

GodGives wrote:

All the best
@alina, totally agree with @Godgives, send in your passport as soon as possible and write a letter explaining the kids' passports are being made.

alina143

Post by alina143 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:01 pm

verbina wrote:
GodGives wrote:

All the best
@alina, totally agree with @Godgives, send in your passport as soon as possible and write a letter explaining the kids' passports are being made.
Thank u verbina i will do that first thing tomorrow morning

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:01 pm

nilemarques wrote:Congrats Muffin007. Wish you all the best. Welcome to those who are new to the forum. Last but not least , hi to everyone else who wisely contributes to this forum. You know who you are!!! Lol!! @Verbina, I have heard that judges do take into consideration the views of children,so hang in there.

Not a lot to contribute today except an interesting judgement, linked below, which might be of interest with regards to the new rules and judges interpreting the law.

@nilemarques the link doesn't work babe :(

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:07 pm

verbina wrote:@dapsonlee
@believe

Thanks guys!!! We ll see what happens next!!!

Heeeheee dapsonlee brings lederhosen back in fashion :P too funneee!!!

*shake my head* Believe2013 lol well on the bright side, that could be a business opportunity right there if we can get right :idea: :lol:

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:59 pm

[quote="verbina"][quote="nilemarques"]Congrats Muffin007. Wish you all the best. Welcome to those who are new to the forum. Last but not least , hi to everyone else who wisely contributes to this forum. You know who you are!!! Lol!! @Verbina, I have heard that judges do take into consideration the views of children,so hang in there.

Have a read and let me know your interpretation of that judgement.[/quote]

@nilemarques the link doesn't work babe :([/quote]

Gremlins @ work Verbina. Try this one::

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2013/1192.html

ontothenext
Newly Registered

Post by ontothenext » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:03 pm

GodGives wrote:

All the best
Would you suggest a copy of the passport or has to be the original passport? I'm about to do the same

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:10 pm

nilemarques wrote:
verbina wrote:
nilemarques wrote:Congrats Muffin007. Wish you all the best. Welcome to those who are new to the forum. Last but not least , hi to everyone else who wisely contributes to this forum. You know who you are!!! Lol!! @Verbina, I have heard that judges do take into consideration the views of children,so hang in there.

Must be the gremlins! This one is perfect! Thanks hun!

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:14 pm

[quote="verbina"][quote="nilemarques"][quote="verbina"][quote="nilemarques"]Congrats Muffin007. Wish you all the best. Welcome to those who are new to the forum. Last but not least , hi to everyone else who wisely contributes to this forum. You know who you are!!! Lol!! @Verbina, I have heard that judges do take into consideration the views of children,so hang in there.

Have a read and let me know your interpretation of that judgement.[/quote]

@nilemarques the link doesn't work babe :([/quote]

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2013/1192.html[/quote]

Must be the gremlins! This one is perfect! Thanks hun![/quote]

Nice 1 Verbina. Let me know your take on this. My own assumption is that the judges continue to interpret the law as it should, not the way Mrs May wants it. I stand to be corrected!!

alina143

Post by alina143 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:16 pm

ontothenext wrote:
GodGives wrote:

All the best
Would you suggest a copy of the passport or has to be the original passport? I'm about to do the same
I would say original keep a copy for ur self

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:50 am

nilemarques wrote:
verbina wrote:
nilemarques wrote:
verbina wrote:

Must be the gremlins! This one is perfect! Thanks hun!
Nice 1 Verbina. Let me know your take on this. My own assumption is that the judges continue to interpret the law as it should, not the way Mrs May wants it. I stand to be corrected!!
Good morning, extremely encouraging for all those with children! Nice to see that the judiciary system is well intact! Having said that, I do not like the way criminals invoke and tarnish the core aspects of article 8 by making a mockery of the entire clause - I am not defending the indefensible here but you can see why the govt feels frustrated and hard done by with the ECtHRA - Well this is what they subscribed to so it shouldn't come as a surprise. It's all in the fine print!!

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:14 am

I called home office and the person that picked was a bit rude. She said my application is not completed, I shd wait and shouldn't call OH again. Wow

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:21 am

kiss300 wrote:I called home office and the person that picked was a bit rude. She said my application is not completed, I shd wait and shouldn't call OH again. Wow
Don't let that upset or weigh you don, you do get them nasty like that especially if its a woman on the other end. No offense meant but the women who pick the calls in the HO are mostly
madam nasty
, the men are a bit diplomatic. It is well!
A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

elastep

Post by elastep » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:02 am

Hello everyone! :)
Just wanted to ask a quick question.
Does anyone know how long it takes to get a reply when JR application have been filed?
Application: flro ECHR article 8
applied: 12/12/2012.
Bio done: April 2013
Refused dated: 22 May 2013
PAP: 18/09/2013
JR: 03/10/2013
Outcome:

Only God knows what tomorrow may give birth to.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:24 am

elastep wrote:Hello everyone! :)
Just wanted to ask a quick question.
Does anyone know how long it takes to get a reply when JR application have been filed?
Hi Just checking have you applied for permission for JR? if so, you should get a response within 14 days. if you have lodged the actual JR proceedings you will hear from the court within 6 weeks (well used to be) to get a hearing date. I have been waiting longer than that for a hearing date! There is a massive backlog. Priority is given to those that have been issued with removal notice or deportation orders sadly

iHope

Post by iHope » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:30 am

good morning everyone!
I have sent my FLR O application again on 5th October. my current leave expiring on 10th. i just realized this morning that there is a new version of FLR O starting from 1st of October but i printed and filled my application on 29th of September. i wanted to ask would that make my application invalid cause if it would, I am in trouble so I went to my solicitor this morning and he said relax cause according to the rules, old version remains valid within three weeks of the release of new version.
please tell what you guys think cause i still can fill and post new version by tomorrow if i need.
by the way, both forms are exactly the same apart from the version and it says home office instead of UKBA, thanks

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:20 pm

iHope wrote:good morning everyone!
I have sent my FLR O application again on 5th October. my current leave expiring on 10th. i just realized this morning that there is a new version of FLR O starting from 1st of October but i printed and filled my application on 29th of September. i wanted to ask would that make my application invalid cause if it would, I am in trouble so I went to my solicitor this morning and he said relax cause according to the rules, old version remains valid within three weeks of the release of new version.
please tell what you guys think cause i still can fill and post new version by tomorrow if i need.
by the way, both forms are exactly the same apart from the version and it says home office instead of UKBA, thanks
I would not panic and go with the solicitor's advice, there has to be a grace period or overlap for new admin forms to be put into use. I hope the case workers dealing with your case understand this too. Good luck

iHope

Post by iHope » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:28 pm

Believe2013 wrote:
iHope wrote:good morning everyone!
I would not panic and go with the solicitor's advice, there has to be a grace period or overlap for new admin forms to be put into use. I hope the case workers dealing with your case understand this too. Good luck
@Believe,,,thank you sooo much for reassuring. God bless you and good luck

ontothenext
Newly Registered

Post by ontothenext » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:07 pm

I enjoyed reading this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ghter.html

Someone wrote in the comment section "These judges are one of our biggest problems" hahaha

British Judges are the best!!! :D