ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A non-Eu family member to Switzerland

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

the hurricane

A non-Eu family member to Switzerland

Post by the hurricane » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:48 pm

Hello good people,

Can anyone answer the following question as I am very confused;

- A friend of mine, who is an EU national, wants to go on short holiday with his non-EU family member to Switzerland, and they both live in a third world country. They've contacted the Swiss Consulate to know which documents his non-EU family member needs to submit (I know that Directive doesn't apply in Switzerland but if I am not mistaken there is a bilateral agreement between EU- Switzerland), and according to the Consulate being a family member of EU national doesn't make any difference; hence he will needs to submit an invitation, bank statement, pay slips of the EU national, hotel reservation, medical insurance, and many more. Is this consistent with the law?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:56 pm

No, there are special rules that apply to Switzerland, but the advice given was not correct.

See this.

http://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/polici ... f#zoom=100

the hurricane

Post by the hurricane » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:07 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:No, there are special rules that apply to Switzerland, but the advice given was not correct.

See this.

http://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/polici ... f#zoom=100
Thanks for the link :) that is what I thought too. But do u perhaps know what are the differences between Directive and that bilateral agreement?