ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 year cap, CAT to BA(hone)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

user1507
Newly Registered

5 year cap, CAT to BA(hone)

Post by user1507 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:35 am

hi,
what does home office look at ? the enrolment letters or the results. ? the enrolment letter i have from the previous college says awarding body ACCA but then i swithcied to CAT i passed my papers. and then i took admission in uni for BA hobs. when i applied for ba hons i submitted my CAT results.i got my visa to do the degree. now i am applying for MSC.. the enrolment lettters issued by my previous college or the results i have ? because CAT is NFQ 4.. does the 5 year cap apply on me ?

rajesh1984
Newly Registered

Post by rajesh1984 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:38 am

i have no idea about CAT but 5 year cap starts from level 6 but as you told its level 4 then no need to worry

alpha2013

What does 5 year cap mean in tier 4 ?

Post by alpha2013 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:22 pm

Hi,
What does 5 year cap mean in tier 4 ?
The lenght of visa issued ? or the admission letters sent to homeoffice for the course duration. For example if someone have sent the visa for 1 year course and he dont get the visa even his course is finished. Does that period of 1 year will be counted for 5 year cap ? as he didnt gt the visa for that period and was holding by homeoffice untill he make further application for new course for next year.

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:56 pm

Time period referred to in "cap" - the time period in your lifetime that you were studying in the UK.

If there was no visa issued = you never came to UK (to study).

Reading para 101-110 of the policy guidance will help.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

alpha2013

Thanks for ur prompt reply

Post by alpha2013 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:15 pm

Thanks for ur reply ["sushdmehta"]
But if some ones cas was issued and sent to home office ....but the visa was not given by homeoffice dont know for what reason (may b they forgot to issue the visa ) and in the end they sent the refusal even the course was completely finished at that time, which was later on sent for the appeal. but as first appeal was also rejected i applied for the fresh application instead of continuing the appeal process and got the tier 4 visa . Now the confusing point is here that the duration of that period which the visa was not issued will be counted for 5 year cap ? as cas was issued stated studying dates.I know its a bit confusing and complicated but i hope u understand and can help me out from this confusion .Many Thanks in advance .

sushdmehta wrote:Time period referred to in "cap" - the time period in your lifetime that you were studying in the UK.

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

Re: Thanks for ur prompt reply

Post by Choc-Ice » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:29 pm

alpha2013 wrote:Thanks for ur reply ["sushdmehta"]
But if some ones cas was issued and sent to home office ....but the visa was not given by homeoffice dont know for what reason (may b they forgot to issue the visa ) and in the end they sent the refusal even the course was completely finished at that time, which was later on sent for the appeal. but as first appeal was also rejected i applied for the fresh application instead of continuing the appeal process and got the tier 4 visa . Now the confusing point is here that the duration of that period which the visa was not issued will be counted for 5 year cap ? as cas was issued stated studying dates.I know its a bit confusing and complicated but i hope u understand and can help me out from this confusion .Many Thanks in advance .

sushdmehta wrote:Time period referred to in "cap" - the time period in your lifetime that you were studying in the UK.

In my own opnion, you were covered by section 3c http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
Your visa was extended for that period even though you didnt get the visa at the end of the wait..So that time CAN technically be counted towards the 5 years cap.
IMpossible is 2 letters to long!

alpha2013

Re: Thanks for ur prompt reply

Post by alpha2013 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:10 am

Thanks for your early reply,
I do agree with your opinion,

http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/content/2533/T ... )-on-study#
but According to ukcisa.....Any new Tier 4 application must lead to you spending no more than five years on courses at degree level. All time you have had leave under Tier 4 (or as a pre-Tier 4 student) counts towards the 5 years,
Except.... for the short extra time you are given before the course (maximum one month) and after a course (maximum four months) so it means non-study periods aren’t counted towards the cap, because in my case at the time of appeal submission the course was already finished 3 months ago and it tooks 1 extra year in the whole appeal process which was non-study period so it shouldn`t be counted towards the cap, ....am i right ? what is your opinion on this...!

Choc-Ice wrote:
alpha2013 wrote:Thanks for ur reply ["sushdmehta"]

In my own opnion, you were covered by section 3c http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
Your visa was extended for that period even though you didnt get the visa at the end of the wait..So that time CAN technically be counted towards the 5 years cap.