ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Tier 1 General - Not working for 6 months

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nalini
Newly Registered

ILR for Tier 1 General - Not working for 6 months

Post by Nalini » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:52 pm

Hello,

Sorry if I am repeating a question. I came on 7th March 2009 on a tier 1 general visa. I worked up to 15th May 2009 and then was made redundant.
I didnt work until the 2nd November 2009. Does the fact that I was unemployed affect my ILR? Since November 2009 I have been employed. When will I be eligible to apply for ILR? I have seen on some posts mentionning about economic activity for the last 5 years. I have always been on a Tier 1 General visa.

Please advise

Thanks

Nalini

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:57 pm

You need to score points for income garnered in a selected 12 continuoes months out of the 15 months immediately prior to the ILR application. Whst you were or were not doing in 2009 is irrelevant.

Posts on the forum cover various categories of leave and much information is wrong so do not assume everything written relates to your situation.

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:06 pm

there is a confusion about the terms here

"economic activity" does not mean only employment or self employment. if you are actively looking for work, or taking steps or doing research to set up a business, you are still economically active.

so long as you weren't claiming benefits, you will be fine

but if you want extra comfort, do take some printouts of emails you have sent or received related to job search at the time

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:49 pm

But none of that is necessary for a T1 (gen) migrant so, although intended to be helpful, I feel that if the OP takes your advice, it will be burdening her with a worrysome task that is not necessary

karg_g

Post by karg_g » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:05 pm

Hi,

The guidance/rule does not explicitly state nor its implied you need to be employed all the time. As long as you meet the required points through combination of income/age/experience etc., you will be fine. Also ensure you have not claimed any benefits will under T1-G

Good luck
I try to give honest answers, however I might be wrong, kindly always check with your solicitor/accountant for final confirmation