ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

uk tier1 genral dependent visa ..help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

libra_handsome
Newly Registered

uk tier1 genral dependent visa ..help

Post by libra_handsome » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:57 am

hi there ..my wife has submitted her tier 1 general depended visa application from Ahmadabad but after 15 working days submitting her application she got email from BHC stating " Please be advised that your application is taking longer than our target processing times. Enquires are ongoing and we will endevour to make a decision on your case at the earliest opportunity."
what could that possibally mean? could it be an interview? if not than n how much time they might take?..plz help
[/b]

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:36 pm

That could possibly mean they are taking more time for further verification. This could be an action as part of the recent introduction of the genuineness test. Are you self-employed ?

Probably worth writing back asking for a timeline and request to hasten the process (although this might not have any real effect), as you probably have travel tickets booked for a specific date?

libra_handsome
Newly Registered

Post by libra_handsome » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:22 am

hi ..my depended got called for the interview..plz help ..what questions they might ask in interview

vinny

Re: uk tier1 genral dependent visa interview..plz help

Post by vinny » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:28 am

libra_handsome wrote:hi my dependent has been called for an interview..what questioned they might ask...
my dependent has been to uk as a student for 2 years and her english is not that good ..would it set a bad impression if she calls for an interpreter during interview?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:38 pm

Are you self-employed or employed as director of limited company? In either case, best for her to carry all supporting documents in anticipation.

English shouldn't be a problem and given that English is not her first language should be no problem asking for an interpreter.

libra_handsome
Newly Registered

Post by libra_handsome » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:49 pm

hi ..i am self employed but i havent mentioned it ..as my income from self employed is very small18000 pounds ...i have shown my salary income which is 32000 pounds ...now still can they ask for my self employed details?

i think my salary income should b enough to satisfy them so didnt bother to mention my self employed income.

karg_g

Post by karg_g » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:18 pm

Hi

Since your wife is applying as T-1G dependent the most important document will be your maintenance proof. One of the possible cause for the interview is called for to avoid any possible Sham marriages. So as long as everything else checks out you will be fine.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary.

Good luck
I try to give honest answers, however I might be wrong, kindly always check with your solicitor/accountant for final confirmation