ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Dependent Maintenance Funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

recyclebin
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General Dependent Maintenance Funds

Post by recyclebin » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:53 pm

Hi, I'm currently staying in London on Tier-1 (General).

I am getting married in this December in India and I would like to bring her to the UK after the wedding as my dependent.

I have read Tier-1 (General) dependent visa related web pages on UKBA website but couldn't understand the guidelines clearly.

I am hoping someone could kindly shed some light on a few doubts.

1. Maintenance Funds:
(a) How much I would need to maintain (minimum balance on any given day during the duration of 90 days prior to applying dependent visa) in my bank account in order to apply?

(b) Is it possible to show the required balance from more than one of my bank accounts (For example: If the minimum required is £1000, £500 in the Lloyds bank account and £500 in the Barclays bank account)?

(c) Is it possible to show the equivalent amount in foreign bank accounts (my India account for example). If so, are there any restrictions apply?

I would appreciate if someone could reply with the UKBA links where the maintenance funds are clearly explained.

2. What are the list of documents I would need whilst applying her visa?

3. What is the Visa application fee

Many thanks for your time reading this.

gd_Shepherd

Post by gd_Shepherd » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:01 am

I would have to humbly disagree with you. Dependant guidance is one of the most straightforward guidance from UKBA. The requirement is very minimal.

The maintenance requirement depends on extent of your stay. If you are here in the UK for more than 12 months, then the dependant needs to show 600 GBP as the minimum amount. This needs to be from a single account only.

This sticky will help you.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=62853

Shepherd

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:14 pm

I would have to humbly disagree with you. Dependant guidance is one of the most straightforward guidance from UKBA. The requirement is very minimal.

The maintenance requirement depends on extent of your stay. If you are here in the UK for more than 12 months, then the dependant needs to show 600 GBP as the minimum amount. This needs to be from a single account only.
The part in bold is incorrect. The money doesn't have to be from one account. It can be from multiple accounts.

Kindly refer to the link provided in the first response to get all the information you require.
Regards

vinny

Re: Tier 1 General Dependent Visa Help needed

Post by vinny » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:17 pm

recyclebin wrote:Hi,

I am on Tier-1 general Visa which is due to expire in April 2015.

I hold an Indian passport which is due to expire on 9th March 2014.

I'm planning to apply dependent visa for my wife in last week of December 2013 or first week of January 2014.

As my passport expiry date is so close, would that going to cause any issue whilst applying dependent visa?

Is there any condition on my passport validity in order to apply a dependent visa?

Thanks in advance.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:20 pm

It should be okay.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.