ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:18 am

Keisha wrote:Morning Guys and Dolls.

Father O God,touch each one of us this morning and let not any immigrations affect our application forms in Jesus name.Destroy and consume any evil works coming from the UKBA and HO.We pray that our applications get an approval from you Mighty God,for Your word says no weapon formed against us shall prosper!I believe all is well in Jesus name!

Congratulations to those who have been granted visas!

@Usual suspects....*waves*....hope all is well!
Amen!!! Your mid week prayers are always intense.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:33 am

Guys everything close for us, no nhs access, no bank account, no driving licence, no renting house, how we going to survive? Have you heard this news?

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:50 am

Shondra Sharma wrote:Guys everything close for us, no nhs access, no bank account, no driving licence, no renting house, how we going to survive? Have you heard this news?
@Shondra Sharma, I have heard the news just as the HO secretary said few days ago that she wants to make it hostile for immigrants/ illegal immgrants.
But don't worry, just like the 12 Israelites species in the bible, 10 of them came back with the report below;
But the men who had gone up with him said, 'We can't attack those people; they are stronger than we are." And they spread a bad report about the land they had explored. They said, "The land we explored devours those living in it. All the people we saw there were of great size. We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them. — Numbers, 13:31-33
While on the other hand the remaining 2 species (Joshua and Caleb) gave a differnt report as below;
They gave Moses this account, "We went into the land to which you sent us, and it does flow with milk and honey! Here is its fruit.But the people who live there are very powerful, and the cities are fortified and very large. We even saw descendants of Anak there." — Numbers, 13:27-28
"Then Caleb silenced the people before Moses and said, 'We should go up and take possession of the land, for we can certainly do it.'" — Numbers, 13:30
Joshua completed the task of leading the Israelites into the Promised Land and of taking possession of it. God promised Caleb and Joshua that they would receive the land which they had explored for themselves and their descendants. Caleb was also told that he would live to go into the Promised Land.

The moral of this lesson is that, which ever way you see the land is how you will live it. Believe my friend that the Lord is good and His mercies endures forever.
We will all drink and eat of the milk and honey of this land either they like it or not.
It is well!
A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:56 am

Keisha wrote:Morning Guys and Dolls.

Father O God,touch each one of us this morning and let not any immigrations affect our application forms in Jesus name.Destroy and consume any evil works coming from the UKBA and HO.We pray that our applications get an approval from you Mighty God,for Your word says no weapon formed against us shall prosper!I believe all is well in Jesus name!

Congratulations to those who have been granted visas!

@Usual suspects....*waves*....hope all is well!

Amen
Your expectation will manifest very soon

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:59 am

hatchsead wrote:
Shondra Sharma wrote:Guys everything close for us, no nhs access, no bank account, no driving licence, no renting house, how we going to survive? Have you heard this news?
@Shondra Sharma, I have heard the news just as the HO secretary said few days ago that she wants to make it hostile for immigrants/ illegal immgrants.
But don't worry, just like the 12 Israelites species in the bible, 10 of them came back with the report below;
But the men who had gone up with him said, 'We can't attack those people; they are stronger than we are." And they spread a bad report about the land they had explored. They said, "The land we explored devours those living in it. All the people we saw there were of great size. We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them. — Numbers, 13:31-33
While on the other hand the remaining 2 species (Joshua and Caleb) gave a differnt report as below;
They gave Moses this account, "We went into the land to which you sent us, and it does flow with milk and honey! Here is its fruit.But the people who live there are very powerful, and the cities are fortified and very large. We even saw descendants of Anak there." — Numbers, 13:27-28
"Then Caleb silenced the people before Moses and said, 'We should go up and take possession of the land, for we can certainly do it.'" — Numbers, 13:30
Joshua completed the task of leading the Israelites into the Promised Land and of taking possession of it. God promised Caleb and Joshua that they would receive the land which they had explored for themselves and their descendants. Caleb was also told that he would live to go into the Promised Land.

The moral of this lesson is that, which ever way you see the land is how you will live it. Believe my friend that the Lord is good and His mercies endures forever.
We will all drink and eat of the milk and honey of this land either they like it or not.
It is well!
Thanks for the uplifting analogy. I personally need it. Once again Thax
Your expectation will manifest very soon

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:03 am

hatchsead wrote:

It is well!
I love how every situation as a bible feedback report! we are in the era of Joshua at the moment who was the strongest warrior the bible reported. AMAZING lol. Our feet are already place here guys... with hope we are here and with faith the land has been possessed. WE SHALL OVERCOME!!!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:10 am

hatchsead wrote:

It is well!
Thank you Hatchsead , truly inspiring!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:28 pm

verbina wrote:
hatchsead wrote:

It is well!
Whenever i get downcasted about the HO situation of things especially now that its over 12 months since we put in our applications, i always find solace in the bible and can relate it to whatever we are going through at present with a lot of words of encouragement like the one below
Romans 15:4

New International Version (NIV)

4 For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.
It is well!

It is well!
A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:34 pm

hatchsead wrote:
verbina wrote:
hatchsead wrote:

It is well!
Whenever i get downcasted about the HO situation of things especially now that its over 12 months since we put in our applications, i always find solace in the bible and can relate it to whatever we are going through at present with a lot of words of encouragement like the one below
Romans 15:4

New International Version (NIV)

4 For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.
It is well!

It is well!
Yeah, thats what my mum always says - read the Bible to keep the spirits up , there s an answer for everything there.....

Now I see that it really makes sense.... Thank you :P
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

hatsuku

Post by hatsuku » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:04 pm

does that apply on those who are waiting for decisions like us? those who already have bank accounts and driving licences??

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:19 pm

hatsuku wrote:
does that apply on those who are waiting for decisions like us? those who already have bank accounts and driving licences??
No my friend, it might apply to those who are yet to apply for those things mentioned.

progeny5kay

document return

Post by progeny5kay » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:29 pm

Hi everyone can anyone give me the email address for document return request as i need my passport and and daughter's birth certificate back as it is needed for child tax credit and also does this affect my application? I know it shouldn't do but HO in theory is different to HO in practice . Thanks
God don't like ugly, God don't like no quitters believe me when I tell you things always get better, keep ya head up!!!!

ale001

Post by ale001 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:29 pm

I just watch on SkyNews now

New Immigration Bill will be very tough. No Bank Account, No NHS, illegal Immigrants Appeal Rights against Deportation Order will be limited. The means of 17 chances to Appeal a Dpeortation order will be limited to just 4 chances.. :roll: :shock: :shock: :shock:

The Bill, which is the centrepiece of the coalition's legislative programme this year, also includes moves to block illegal immigrants from opening bank accounts in the UK.

Banks will have to check against a database of known immigration offenders before opening accounts, and employers will face heavier fines if they employ staff here illegally.

Private landlords will have to check the status of their tenants to stop people with no right to live in the UK getting access to private rented housing.

Lord, please help me, my application is approaching 2 years at the UKBA.

Lord please grant me my FLRo application this year.

Lord please grant others too so that all this their new law will not affect any of us.

Are you guys not think that the UKBA should at least grant all application already with them, and then start their law. They should at least grant us our paper and continue with their new law.

:roll: :shock: :roll: :( :( :(
Ale001

hatsuku

Post by hatsuku » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:40 pm

hatchsead wrote:
hatsuku wrote:
No my friend, it might apply to those who are yet to apply for those things mentioned.
thanks

this country is becoming a very hostile place

hatsuku

Post by hatsuku » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:43 pm

ale001 wrote:

Lord please grant others too so that all this their new law will not affect any of us.

Are you guys not think that the UKBA should at least grant all application already with them, and then start their law. They should at least grant us our paper and continue with their new law.

ameen ameen ameen

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Re: document return

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:52 pm

progeny5kay wrote:Hi everyone can anyone give me the email address for document return request as i need my passport and and daughter's birth certificate back as it is needed for child tax credit and also does this affect my application? I know it shouldn't do but HO in theory is different to HO in practice . Thanks
If you do ring the 0870 number and press 1 that should put you through to the document request department.. i believe its faster than sending emails than can easily be discarded (Home Office "Dr. Who" IT problems) :roll:

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:02 pm

ale001 wrote:I just watch on SkyNews now

New Immigration Bill will be very tough. No Bank Account, No NHS, illegal Immigrants Appeal Rights against Deportation Order will be limited. The means of 17 chances to Appeal a Dpeortation order will be limited to just 4 chances.. :roll: :shock: :shock: :shock:

The Bill, which is the centrepiece of the coalition's legislative programme this year, also includes moves to block illegal immigrants from opening bank accounts in the UK.

Banks will have to check against a database of known immigration offenders before opening accounts, and employers will face heavier fines if they employ staff here illegally.

Private landlords will have to check the status of their tenants to stop people with no right to live in the UK getting access to private rented housing.

Amen.. I guess they are getting well prepared for the influx of Hungarians and Bulgarians from January next year. well i would not ask you guys to panic, each system is designed to further slow a malfunctioning system down. If a cab driver need to wait an average of 12 weeks before a CRB check could be printed out on him/her and sent back, how much more of banks, landlords, NHS (already a sinking titanic). They are only putting pressure on these organisations who are already struggling rather than investing in a robust IT system for themselves.. oh well more BACKLOG people which means more waiting. (United BACKLOG Kingdom). In as much as they criticize other countries, its unfortunate they don't see it themselves that they are still raveling in their colonial Margaret thatcher days all they do is recycle from policies to people's everyday lives. SIGH (Sorry about the long rant).

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:11 pm

dapsonlee wrote:

Amen.. I guess they are getting well prepared for the influx of Hungarians and Bulgarians from January next year. well i would not ask you guys to panic, each system is designed to further slow a malfunctioning system down. If a cab driver need to wait an average of 12 weeks before a CRB check could be printed out on him/her and sent back, how much more of banks, landlords, NHS (already a sinking titanic). They are only putting pressure on these organisations who are already struggling rather than investing in a robust IT system for themselves.. oh well more BACKLOG people which means more waiting. (United BACKLOG Kingdom). In as much as they criticize other countries, its unfortunate they don't see it themselves that they are still raveling in their colonial Margaret thatcher days all they do is recycle from policies to people's everyday lives. SIGH (Sorry about the long rant).
@dapsonlee, Hungarians and Bulgarians can not be classified as illegal immigrants from January. 1st January 2014, all Romanians and Bulgarians will be entitled to come to the UK to work without restrictions. So, its of no effect to those people but people like us.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:28 pm

hatchsead wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

Banks will have to check against a database of known immigration offenders before opening accounts, and employers will face heavier fines if they employ staff here illegally

@dapsonlee, Hungarians and Bulgarians can not be classified as illegal immigrants from January. 1st January 2014, all Romanians and Bulgarians will be entitled to come to the UK to work without restrictions. So, its of no effect to those people but people like us.
Yer that's very true but the influx of these guys will increase the influx of EEA marriages and so on.... Hence why they are on a lock down from now to fish out everyone before that very time! Its always a systematic approach to ease congestion

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Re: document return

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:56 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
progeny5kay wrote:Hi everyone can anyone give me the email address for document return request as i need my passport and and daughter's birth certificate back as it is needed for child tax credit and also does this affect my application? I know it shouldn't do but HO in theory is different to HO in practice . Thanks
If you do ring the 0870 number and press 1 that should put you through to the document request department.. i believe its faster than sending emails than can easily be discarded (Home Office "Dr. Who" IT problems) :roll:
The Bill is to be implemented next year summer 2014 like all other bills the proposals will have to go through parliament first and i suspect they are! What about those that are here already and we have outstanding applications etc?, there might be a glimmer of a surreptitious amnesty- don't qoute me on this but wouldn't rule it out!

DivineSpeed
Newly Registered

Granted

Post by DivineSpeed » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:57 pm

Hi All

Been a silent follower - words cannot explain how much of a blessing the active members have been - thank you all!

I was granted my Visa yesterday ( actually 7th October).

Brief history - came as a student, overstayed due to lateness in applying for extension.

Applied for FLR O ( Nov 2012) - British hubby & daughter, Biometrics ( March 2013) HO requested more docs ( June 2013)

Granted ( October)

He is a good God! And I see Him favouring all they wait & trust.

Good luck All & Thank you

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:01 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
hatchsead wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

Banks will have to check against a database of known immigration offenders before opening accounts, and employers will face heavier fines if they employ staff here illegally

Yer that's very true but the influx of these guys will increase the influx of EEA marriages and so on.... Hence why they are on a lock down from now to fish out everyone before that very time! Its always a systematic approach to ease congestion
Its all hot air that will never have any impact on EEA members but non-EEA. New conditions for marriages is in the pipeline as mentioned lately by HO secretary due to be released March/ April next year amongst new changes. So, its a different ball game when it comes to EEA.

hatchsead

Re: Granted

Post by hatchsead » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:03 pm

DivineSpeed wrote:Hi All

Been a silent follower - words cannot explain how much of a blessing the active members have been - thank you all!

Brief history - came as a student, overstayed due to lateness in applying for extension.

Applied for FLR O ( Nov 2012) - British hubby & daughter, Biometrics ( March 2013) HO requested more docs ( June 2013)

Granted ( October)

Congratulations! At least we can round up the week on a happy note.

ontothenext
Newly Registered

Re: Granted

Post by ontothenext » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:24 pm

DivineSpeed wrote:Hi All

Granted ( October)

Glad you have been granted. Could you please tell us what sort of additional document did they request for?

DivineSpeed
Newly Registered

Post by DivineSpeed » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:39 pm

Hi Ontothenext

They requested

1. Proof of hubby's citizenship even though they had the passport

2. Council Tax for the last 2 years

3. Further proof to show co habitation : sent bank statements, daughter's sch admission ( nursery ), doc letters,

hope this helps